The Big Sad Diesel Breaking Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Sad Diesel Breaking Thread
(02-04-2013, 09:17 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 09:02 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
Quote:Pellow theres no big derv tuning secrets, just hard work and lots if parts, disappear if your just going to be lame.

Jesus, is there a separate for sale thread for your sense of humour? Itwasntme

Dude, can't you tell it's a fairly sore subject breaking this car?? It's been a hell of a journey, I'm properly sad it's being broken, I can only imagine how Darren feels about it. Your sarcasm is appreciated elsewhere, but give it a rest here!

Of course I can. And i've broken cars before, i know how it feels but it's a conscious choice Darren has made, there's sentimentality and then there's being overly precious.

I think everyone wanted to see this up and 100% running and unless someone stumps up cold hard cash noone will because let's face it, noone else here has the commitment to go this far, even the likes of Ruan have only gone so far and not really pushed into the "unreasonable" and "ridiculous".

Sentimentality doesn't mean anyone has to lose their sense of humour though.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Big shame to see this happening!!

PM'd
Thanks given by:
The biggest problem I have if the motor isnt sold as complete lump, is the manifold etc is frankly worthless, as it wont fit anything else...unless anyone else is planning on running a 16v hdi with compounds without forged rods / rebuilt motor.... People keep asking what the motor owes me to figure out what its worth, at the end of the day, it owes me a rediculas sum of money that dosnt remotely relate to what its worth, due to so many rebuilds / uprated parts / trial and fail parts etcetc, wouldnt suprise me if the process of sorting the injectors cost over a grand on its own...I think the most likely option is to strip most of the bits off the engine, and leave it as a block / head / manifold with turbos, but even then, unless i remove studs / rods etc, its a $$$ lump of iron still...

Quote:Sentimentality doesn't mean anyone has to lose their sense of humour though.

Sorry, I really don't have any sense of humour right now, so just leave it out and all will be fine, if you want something ask, if not, please dont confuse matters.

x
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I think Jp was selling his engine for £3k, so if someone has the cash I believe yours is in the £4k plus mark.

If not more since this is working, and ready to go I believe.
Also I think that should be just for the engine, turbos and manifolds would be extra on top.

I am sure it has cost you more than that but I think that would be a likely figure but then you have to take into account the market you are trying to sell the engine in, we all like a bargain on here.

Might be worth seeing if any other French car forums would be interested, image this in a dimma or a light weight 205.
Thanks given by:
Or a shitty old lowered Peugeot partner van ninja
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Does the forum have the spare cash? Or can we expect another round of medieval taxation's. lol
Thanks given by:
Nah there's no money left in the forum fund. Scott is buying new wheels

Seriously, I'm not joking!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
well then let's get up a donations thread for putting the engine in the van?
Thanks given by:
Haha as epic as that would be, I highly doubt we would get the amount of money needed to buy it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Plus if you did, you know Kim and Scott would mysteriously get mugged one night then disappear off on holiday lol.
Thanks given by:
lmao your couches about donations, they've gone to pay for the server. It would be hilarious in the van but it's not something I'd even consider asking for donations for Smile I'm hoping it goes to someone who will be able to push the boundaries with it.

I'm sad to see this thread Darren but I can see where you're coming from. All the best for breaking it mate.
Thanks given by:
I would like to see the engine go into a cabby ninja
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Put it in my car Darren Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 01:51 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I would like to see the engine go into a cabby ninja

I hear it's scrapped already....?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 03:20 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 01:51 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I would like to see the engine go into a cabby ninja

I hear it's scrapped already....?

What is, the engine?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
lol he means a certain China blue cabby
Thanks given by:
So sad to see this...so much time and effort put in!

Seen your car a few times at combe and at the french car show last year.

Have never spoken to you at any meets though but know that you have been a great help to most people on here and I have watched most of your videos while Jays been fixing his car.

I hope you fnd something else to get your teeth into and hopefully you will still share your knowledge woth the forum as I know you have saved me from some ear ache in the past with your answers Smile

Hope you get what you want for it weather its broken or as a whole Smile Smile
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Dont worry, im not going anywhere, met 90% of my friends on here, so certainly dont intend on loosing them! Id love to see the motor go into a car as a whole...

My plans were to port out the head, big valve it, convert to solid lifters, and then remove the VE and run aftermarket CR management, with the intentions of achievning 300-400hp, but the money required to do that, after thinking long and hard, isnt something I can justify, it bugs the crap out of me because 90% of the hard work is done, and its really just a money thing, but its just a 306 at the end of the day, and I cant bring myself to spend any more on it, its been off the road all winter, and ive not had the chance to get near it, and although the days are getting longer, ive made the decision and thats that, but as said, It would be great to see the complete motor end up in something.

Also to note, the big turbo is fitted into a td05 housing, so uses scooby flanges, so if people are thinking the secondary is to big, it can be swaped out for something smaller, which with the current primary, if you look at flow charts, is needed really as it runs out of flow way before the 35 is maxed, hence i was upgrading the primary, but this was for BIG power, and given the 35 is near brand new, it could reduce the cost of the package by a little, as could removing some trick bits from the pump which cost a bit...just trying to find ways to make the total package cheaper / to suit more people, because if someone opens this thing up it will be a monster, but WILL constantly tear things apart, and not everyone wants that, so maybe reducing the blowing capacity wouldnt be a bad idea for the more "daily" driven car...

I will start taking photos of all the bits people are wanting so far / pm'ing them hopefully before the weekend, but if not it will be during the weekend, so people can see what there buying.

Darren
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Sad....
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 01:49 PM)Scott Wrote: lmao your couches about donations, they've gone to pay for the server. It would be hilarious in the van but it's not something I'd even consider asking for donations for Smile I'm hoping it goes to someone who will be able to push the boundaries with it.

I'm sad to see this thread Darren but I can see where you're coming from. All the best for breaking it mate.

Sorry speaking of donations, where are you on holiday this week?
Thanks given by:
Truly gutted!! Can't believe this is going to be broke!!
Can't really see anyone else getting near the mentality of this car, and don't think there is many that could carry it on! Not Doing it justice anyways,
Sad times DarrenSad

Hope to see something mental in the pipeline from you soon farmer boy!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gah, such a shame.
Hmm, big boost derv is tempting me again...

Whole car £...? Wink
Thanks given by:
What would be the price for the rods?
Thanks given by:
Start work on the dv6 engine, interested to see what can be made from them Tongue

But real shame its ending, your car/videos is what made me want a 306 diesel Sad
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
not been on here for a while and come to see this! gutted for you Darren ..... om606 time? :p
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Stick the lump in a locost / dutton / robin hood.

You know you wanna.
Thanks given by:
^you still have that dutton you had chris or it end up in the scrapheap too?
Thanks given by:
nah man the dutton went to scandinavia.
Thanks given by:
You should just put a XUD lump back in it and keep it alive!!
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2013, 12:51 PM)Frosty Wrote: You should just put a XUD lump back in it and keep it alive!!

I agree with this... It would be a shame to see it go/scrapped IMO... Even if it's just used as a fairly normal daily (although I don't know if that's possible lol ). Then sell all the other bits you don't need to recoup some money.

Sad to see this anyway Darren.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  breaking a t reg vectra 2.0 diesel? W1ll 10 2,798 31-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Last Post: W1ll