The Big Sad Diesel Breaking Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Sad Diesel Breaking Thread
Right, I've been putting off writing this thread for ages, because in some respects I don't want to, but ive thought long and hard about it, and im almost certain now that this is really the only way forwards, so with regret I think im going to be breaking up / selling off all the Peugeot bits and bobs, the problem I have is knowing how far to break stuff down / how to go about selling stuff, as there's alot of random very much custom bits, most of which would only appeal to a very select few....Im going to list below a rough list of the bigger stuff, obviously therse endless small aftermarket bits, but that's just general...

So to start theres the car itself, its currently sat with no motor, but if worth anything motor could be dropped in, but cant see it being worth it, so id have thought strip and scrap, but either way, 96 ph1 black DT, fully stripped rear, half leather seats (still have rears)
Black angel eyes, ph2 rear light conversion,gti6 rear beam, 302mm BRAND NEW front brakes, aftermarket steering wheel.
Have a brand new genuine peugeot bonnet (in primer) and also brand new genuine peugeot ph3 front bumper (also in primer) which were going to go on for the rebuild... car could be put back to a tidy DT with an xud that id have kicking about if wanted.

Then we have the 16v M-Tdi motor, atm is stripped as was planning on some big upgrades, but have lost the heart a bit recently / want the money now and dont think I cna justify it, so it could either be split up, or I could rebuild and sell as a complete ready to run motor, which made good power but has ACRES of potential if in the right home. So as most know basic spec is a DW10 blocked 16v DI engine, with custom (homebrew)VE mech pump conversion, custom (hombrew) chronic injectors, which wil happily fuel 300-350hp all day long, one off twin turbo setup comprising of a GT2256V primary and holset HX35 secondary turbo (there you go boys, cats out the bag Smile ) was going to upgrade primary blower to a GTB2260VK to take flow potential from 250hp up to 320-350, but havent modified manifold, so still GT2256, but this setup is good for LOTS of power, and literally no lag, drives super well, as anyone who rode / has seen video will agree. Engine itself has a set of forged H beam rods, lowered compression, new rings / all bearings / seals and total rebuild under 2k miles ago. Fitted with 4 paddle CG paddle clutch (used and abused but still good) and GTI6 transmission. Obviously all new belt / pulleys etcetc, engine is literally like new....
ARP head studs
Custom made 1-off external thermostat housing
BIG FO Green air filter
Mocal oil cooler with thermostatic sandwhich plate
Sandwhich plate for up to 4 sensors, also used for feeding two oil feeds to turbos.

I also have some bits left over from previous XUD builds, including a turbo relocation manifold, but sadly no downpipe as I chopped this up for the new one, but the manifold is still complete and currently as a subaru style flange on it, so will fit any impreza turbo...and downpipe wouldnt take much making up, also have an oil line to fit stock block fitting and any scoob turbo to go with that.

Also have a complete TA technics coilover suspention setup, and a GAZ GHA coilover suspention setup (including rear dampers), but the GAZ units need full rebuild due to seized adjuster (have spoken to gaz and looking at 50 per unit, will come back like brand new, and re plated etcetc)

Set of 17" challenger alloy wheels, 2 have near new parada spec 2 tyres fitted, other two are 50%, wheels resprayed (by me) in white 2 years ago, so not perfect, but when polished up still look good Smile

Also have a professionally smoothed ph3 boot in primer (welded in steel plate etc)
A rippthrough lower brace
An E-tech top strut brace
Custom FMIC setup, using large IC / stainless pipes all beaded at home, with quality silicon and quality clamps.

Have still got the old supercharger setup, so thats basically an EATON M45 supercharger, with custom made ally flange to connect two 63mm boost hoses to it (one off) homemade brackets to bolt to an XUD engine, a custom larger ally crank pulley to drive at correct speed, and all other bits and bobs to make this fit, and obviously the charger itself, and two used units for spares.

Electric PAS conversion kit, all homemade with proper relays etc, can supply all you need to convert

Newish nissens rad (ph2/3 style with header tank) Twin slimline fan setup, etc.

Complete devilsown water meths injection kit, with near new 250psi pump, extra large water tank, range of nozzles, pressure switch, etcetc,

Ive tried to think of most of the stuff there, but ive no doubt forgotton about tonnes of things, so if you can think of things on the car ive not mensioned, then obviously that also, but please just look in my project thread / google+ photos if you need to see anything, photos from both xud and dw10 builds are all there, just need to search..

https://plus.google.com/photos/114915367...7930380609

(photos are in no order, some are very old, some are recent, project thread in my sigi I think as i write this Tongue)

Basically open to suggestions in how I go about breaking this up / putting back together, and what stuff is worth, as its all so 1 off / unique its hard to price.

So theres no prices / not official breaking thread, but to give people an idea of whats there, and what people might be interested in, I will add things as i think of them!

Few photos below to show the car complete (COULD be put back if someone really wanted it) but most know anyway, and have seen it, so see it how you will.

Thanks,

Darren

[Image: IMAG0653.jpg]

[Image: DSC04613.jpg]

[Image: DSC04605.jpg]

[Image: DSC04516.jpg]

[Image: DSC04482.jpg]

[Image: IMG01383-20110208-1729.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0396.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE_355.jpg]

[Image: P1000065.jpg]

[Image: IMG00121-20100707-2007.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE_033.jpg]

[Image: 59184_424395002674_5994558_n.jpg]

[Image: 205892_2248614890431_1662003_n.jpg]
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren as sad as this sounds im actually quite sad to see this. This is probably the most unique 306 on any of the forums however i suppose all good things have to end eventually. Oh and im not one to look away from a breaking thread so......

Price for rear gaz shocks, oil cooler kit and possibly supercharger. Im in no rush for these bits so if you want to wait a bit incase the car sells as a whole, fine by me

Edit: Oh and electric PAS set up
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Thanks given by:
Aprils fools? (Even though that only apply's in the AM, I know) If its true thats gutting, Legend of a car..even to someone like me who doesnt know/care that much about derv tuning.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
No, not an april fool, infact what a stupid day to post this, im a farmer, didnt even remember it was april fools lol...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
It's after mid day so should not be an Aprils fool.

Sad to see then end though. I would love to buy a few things and drop them into my new shell. Good luck with the sale and future projects.
Thanks given by:
shame for it to end this way after all the hard work you put into the car.
I was really hoping you would decide to get it back up and running, I think this car has blown the whisle on how for the XUD engine can go, you have defo set a bench mark like dum dum did with the HDis many moons ago!
sad thing is my rover will end up this way too, once I have had my fun with the car.
Thanks given by:
actually gutted to seeing this being broken
sad as it sounds your cars kept my interest in 306s when mine kept going wrong Sad
Thanks given by:
'tis a sad day indeed, such a shame to see this go, but at the same time I understand why you're doing it.

Drop me a PM regarding engine bits and bobs please mate.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Defo interested in the engine/turbo setup. Pm me a price. Ill sort something straight away

Gutted still for you though, lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Can people please PM me with what they want / what they think its worth, rather than just leaving it open in here, I have no idea what stuff is worth really, obviously I know what its worth physically, but realise sadly none of it is worth anything like that to re sell, will reply to all PM's sent.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Price for the new ph3 front bumper?
As said a real shame to see this being broken up with so much potential still there.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Worst. day. ever.
biggest. mistake. ever.
Thanks given by:
Is it just me thinking forum donations buy the complete engine and put it in the support wagon? Best idea EVER?
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2013, 10:45 PM)vlj Wrote: Is it just me thinking forum donations buy the complete engine and put it in the support wagon? Best idea EVER?

epic idea!
Thanks given by:
Sad

Really hope it all goes to a good home
Thanks given by:
Really sad to see this car broken, was one of the only cars ive ever thought, fu*k me thats a one off
Thanks given by:
Somebody strip all the parts down and tell everyone what the big derv tuning secrets are please?

Ta
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I may not have been here long but having seen the vids on youtube, the work that went in... It's a sad moment Sad

I must see what tickles my fancy though....
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Noooooooooooooooooo
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mate this makes me so sad. So many memories of tuning all our cars down at lobbland, to see it come to the end is gutting! Good luck with the breaking etc Sad
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
this is gutting.
no one else here can do derv like darren.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Also worth adding, forgot to post in first post.

I know cars really only worth scrapping etc, but incase it changes it at all, remember the car itself has legally altered V5, and also an inspection certificate for THAT engine being fitted, IE if fitted its no farce to get insurance with, or at least, has already had most of the farce sorted out. And obviously if it was being changed back to an XUD it would need changing back again.

Pellow theres no big derv tuning secrets, just hard work and lots if parts, disappear if your just going to be lame.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
You know your only supposed to pull pranks up till midday on April fool's day right?

Very interested in the 302mm brake set up mate if you PM me a price. I hope a German diesel six banger makes you happy.
Thanks given by:
Sad 2 see its the end of this beast!! But hope bigger and better projects are on the horizon!!
Thanks given by:
Quote:Pellow theres no big derv tuning secrets, just hard work and lots if parts, disappear if your just going to be lame.

Jesus, is there a separate for sale thread for your sense of humour? Itwasntme
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 09:02 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
Quote:Pellow theres no big derv tuning secrets, just hard work and lots if parts, disappear if your just going to be lame.

Dude, can't you tell it's a fairly sore subject breaking this car?? It's been a hell of a journey, I'm properly sad it's being broken, I can only imagine how Darren feels about it. Your sarcasm is appreciated elsewhere, but give it a rest here!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 07:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You know your only supposed to pull pranks up till midday on April fool's day right?

Very interested in the 302mm brake set up mate if you PM me a price. I hope a German diesel six banger makes you happy.

PM me an offer Chris, Dont know what there worth really, but discs and pads cost over 100 on there own, discs have bit of surface rust, but have covered like 1k miles at most with them fitted....

Also to mension to others, postage could be a problem on bigger items, as I really dont have time to be arranging it, but obviously people are welcome to arrange there own courier, and im more than happy to package items.

Obviously if you live near Ruan etc, im sure he would be happy to cart things upwards next time he is down here, same goes for anyone else that wants to come down.

Can fit things to cars if required, at a small cost.

Main thing im still trying to work out is if im going to be able to shift the motor complete or tear it down, just depends which will give me the most back.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Someone buy the motor and drop in into something and get a sticker " built by darrenjlobb " just for the Lols. Cos that engine can't be stripped down surely Sad
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2013, 09:02 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:

Seriously as ive told people a million times before, generally speaking, if im posting in a thread, im being serious, im giving information, or trying to get a point across, if im having a laugh, ill do it in a separate thread. I cant be arsed with bullshit, especially not in threads which are trying to achieve something, Quite honestly I dont have time for all the bollocks directed at me by so many people which seem to have so many issues with what I do, I know who the people are that enjoy to to read what I do over the years (90% of people, the same people of which i follow threads with similar level of enthusiasm) and I know the people who seem to just find it fun causing arguments / abusing me for not explaining every last detail, but quite frankly I don't have time for all the crap any more, partly why I lost interest , but not entirely of course. If you don't have anything useful to say, just leave it out of this thread because it will just get messy / full of bullcrap like every other time!

Thanks to everyone who has PM'ed with what they want etc, names are going on list, as soon as I know if engine can be sold complete or not, it will be sold / split up to people on list.

Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  breaking a t reg vectra 2.0 diesel? W1ll 10 2,803 31-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Last Post: W1ll