Air Bag Resistor trick!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Bag Resistor trick!
Have you removed original seats or steering wheel to fit sports steering wheel or seats.?
Have you a pesky airbag light that wont go out ?
want one of my fused Air bag resistors?

maybe this can help!

insert into faulty or removed bag/pretensioner plug

turn on ignition wait for self check and......

no airbag light!
tested on Ph3 Hdi
works on side airbags,pretensioner,steering wheel bag,passenger bag

remember these will only work if your system is working ok just less a bag or two
it will not work if the airbag ECU has logged crash impact and detonated bags

i am not guaranteeing these will work on your car, i offer no guarantee, or hold no responsibility of damage caused by yourself too yourself or to your car by fitting these

fused 2Amp airbag delete resistor

PM me if interested in purchasing a resistor soldered in series to a 2 amp fuse
6 for £10 or £2.50 each posted
Thanks given by:
How much? Lol
See if it works on my ph2 DT
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You're gonna be a MILLIONAIRE.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
cully will this work on mine or can i still come and see you this weekend coming as my MOT is 06/04/13? shocks and springs are now on Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel ive got the bits in and tested them on mine for when you come down so fingers crossed they work on yours too
if its the looms on yours we may have to fit them at the Airbag ecu instead of the loom ends Wink

im off work this week so you could come down during the week if posible Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 12:33 PM)cully Wrote: devils_fuel ive got the bits in and tested them on mine for when you come down so fingers crossed they work on yours too
if its the looms on yours we may have to fit them at the Airbag ecu instead of the loom ends Wink

Im off this week too ninja
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Phase 2.5 GTI??

Interested anyway
Will pm later ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 12:33 PM)cully Wrote: devils_fuel ive got the bits in and tested them on mine for when you come down so fingers crossed they work on yours too

that is fantstic news cully Smile
i don't think i can get anytime off this week as everyones off Sad so i can only do the weekend Sad

(25-03-2013, 12:47 PM)Connor Wrote:

Im off this week too ninja

if i can get time off...road trip ?

Cully i now have wednesday off work now so we can do that and also put on a pair of new droplinks, if you are free?

Connor you free wednesday?

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 12:55 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Cully i now have wednesday off work now so we can do that and also put on a pair of new droplinks, if you are free?

yup no probs il check ive got a disc cutter disc to get the droplinks off

wednesday it is early start?
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 01:13 PM)cully Wrote:
(25-03-2013, 12:55 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Cully i now have wednesday off work now so we can do that and also put on a pair of new droplinks, if you are free?

yup no probs il check ive got a disc cutter disc to get the droplinks off

wednesday it is early start?

i am driving a sofa at the moment as we removed both of them yesterday...just bolt on the new pair i bought this morning Smile

i have to drop off my g/f and charlie off at nursery, so will be leaving around 8ish and get yours around 9ish, is that ok? Just allowing time in case the seats have to come out etc + i would like to be back in bristol around 4.30 to pick up charlie if thats ok?

Thanks given by:
im sure we can sort something Wink
Thanks given by:
thanks Cully you ledge Smile

can you PM me your mobile and address?

Thanks given by:
What I want to know is in the new MOT are they still simply testing for airbags lights going on / off even if the airbag is blatently missing, or will they fail it if things are out of place, because if thats the case what a farce!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
im not 100% sure but i believe if the self check fails and lights the warning light on the dash its a fail
thats my thoughts may not be correct
Thanks given by:
Yeh itl deffo fail if lights still on, as thats been like that for months, but ive been using microcontrollers to make the lighst come on / off in despirate cases where the systems fooked and cant be fixed, and its been fine, but thats in cars which to look at, look oem / everything there, but im thinking with race wheels etc and the new mot as of this month, itl be a fail even if light works correctly.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 01:34 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Yeh itl deffo fail if lights still on, as thats been like that for months, but ive been using microcontrollers to make the lighst come on / off in despirate cases where the systems fooked and cant be fixed, and its been fine, but thats in cars which to look at, look oem / everything there, but im thinking with race wheels etc and the new mot as of this month, itl be a fail even if light works correctly.

depends on your tester !?

in that case no rally car will ever pass an mot so dont expect to see any competion cars between stages of the what was RAC rally or any other multy venue event
Thanks given by:
No but as in other thread, it seems cars that "are" rally cars with cages / buckets are excempt from needing working air bags...but 99% of our cars wouldnt pass for that, hence my concern, just another british piss take!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
I'm assuming those are mine? Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 09:39 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I'm assuming those are mine? Tongue

nope yours are in an envelope waiting for the post office to open tomorrow

that is the next batch Wink
Thanks given by:
I can't wait to stop this annoying light Smile

Thanks given by:
whats the price on these??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1 million dollars... lol

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 05:08 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No but as in other thread, it seems cars that "are" rally cars with cages / buckets are excempt from needing working air bags...but 99% of our cars wouldnt pass for that, hence my concern, just another british piss take!

No one really seems to know the defining line on what VOSA class as a rally car and not.
And unfortunately Darren, this is just another European thing we have to abide by now. Dont you love being part of the EU!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im interested. My airbag light was off...then on...then off.. moved the seats and its on again and has been for a while Sad where does it plug into ?

The light annoys me so much more than it should haha its like it stares me in the face every time I get in the car ..
Thanks given by:
Cully, any chance I could swing by on my way home on Friday at all? I need to MOT my car while I'm home and am rather concerned about my Xmas tree style warning lights at the moment. I don't have the foggiest about electronics though so your help would be greatly appreciated. I'll happily pay for your time.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Kezzie that should be ok but you need to give me a time and i can be around Wink
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 10:47 PM)Niall Wrote:
(25-03-2013, 05:08 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No but as in other thread, it seems cars that "are" rally cars with cages / buckets are excempt from needing working air bags...but 99% of our cars wouldnt pass for that, hence my concern, just another british piss take!

No one really seems to know the defining line on what VOSA class as a rally car and not.
And unfortunately Darren, this is just another European thing we have to abide by now. Dont you love being part of the EU!

I just wanna know to see if its worth bothering ever putting a 306 / car with bags back on the road, because i refuse to drive it with bags, or even a stock wheel, and I dont want to drive with invalid insurance, bad enough on a stock car let alone one with double stock power, so as far as I can see it pretty much forces me to change car for older one, which id like to do anyway, but just seems a f*cking piss take honestly.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ph1's with the light on the steering wheel ftw Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not gunna help tho if it comes up on computer as having airbags and its removed for race wheel...the light isnt the problem, can make that go out no issues.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RESISTOR BLOCK help plz Di3Ny 4 1,273 12-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pingaz
  Resistor(s) to cure airbag light fault? Goofy 5 1,515 09-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Last Post: cully
  Airbag resistor clarkey2010 5 1,705 27-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Last Post: cully