FREE ground LDA pins!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE ground LDA pins!
Because im feeling nice and loving, I thought id do a few LDA pin grinds for people for free. The deal being I grind you a standard pin, send it to you, you receive it and fit it and then send me back your original which I can then grind for somebody else. All I ask is that when you have fitted it and are happy you bank transfer me enough to cover postage and whatever you feel like donating! :fooby:

All pins will be ground to get the most pin travel possible on a standard pump (~6mm deep, around halfway into the pin). If you have modded the pump inside to accommodate a deeper LDA grind then let me know and I can do a different depth grind for that. Heres a photo of the one I did for Londondan86 a few months back (On the right, obviously) for a standard pump���

[Image: sam1483z.jpg]

So yeah thats how it goes, whos keen? :dance:

Just stick your name on the list, so far iv already said il do one for Toby and then Ginge191 so they have priority...

1. Toby
2. Ginge191
Thanks given by:
3. TheGateKeeper
[Image: Signature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. Toby
2. Ginge191
3. The Gate Keeper
4. Declantg - Yes i know i only has a lucas =/ will meet you instead ans give you some pennies Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
1. Toby
2. Ginge191
3. The Gate Keeper
4. Declantg - Yes i know i only has a lucas =/ will meet you instead ans give you some pennies
5. Mattcheese31 . . .yes please mate, was wanting to do this myself but don't have the tools . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
1. Toby
2. Ginge191
3. The Gate Keeper
4. Declantg - Yes i know i only has a lucas =/ will meet you instead ans give you some pennies
5. Mattcheese31 . . .yes please mate, was wanting to do this myself but don't have the tools . .
6. Jacko, you're a real star mate!

I've got an 11mm Bosch modded by Darren, don't know if you can make it differently to accommodate the needs of a bigger plunger?
Thanks given by:
1. Toby
2. Ginge191
3. The Gate Keeper
5. Mattcheese31 . . .yes please mate, was wanting to do this myself but don't have the tools . .
7. D@wson - Dont have the tools to do it myself. Thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Dan if you cn do me 2 then il start raidin some scrap yards aswel and send you some spares
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:Dan if you cn do me 2 then il start raidin some scrap yards aswel and send you some spares

By raiding do you mean literally taking only the LDA pins? lol

Can imagine people buying bosch pumps and wondering why it wont work lol

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
What an absoloute leg-end!

WHERES THE REP SYSTEM?!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
would like this too, post to ireland? :p
and will a pin from a 406 do for you?
Thanks given by:
Declan, just wait til youve got a bosch pump and let me know mate, will be easier that way Smile

Jacko, the other one I made for Londondan went into his 11mm pump and he said it made a great difference. Unless Darren ground the pump where the leverset makes contact (which I doubt) then you'l be okay with a normal pin Smile

Dan, atm im working on one pin, sending it, then waiting for somebody to send me theirs in return, so I wont have 2 spare to grind unless I buy one, which id like to avoid seeing as this is all free. If you can send me 2 first though, then il grind them when I get them and then just send them back to you? Smile

Ginge, I dont think there is one yet lol

Sweeney, thats no problem mate, I dunno what postage would cost to Ireland but as long as you cover the cost then thats cool! And if you mean one out of a VE semi electric pump then yeah im sure theyre the same pin so that's fine.
Thanks given by:
I have a spare one if you want to grind it for me so I get mine quicker? It's out of a ecu timed xantia but iirc they're all the same?
Thanks given by:
That's no problem Jacko, same applies to everybody else, if you have a spare you can send then you can 'jump the que' so to speak Smile just ask and I'll pm you my address. Jacko I'll pm you after iv written this! Smile
Thanks given by:
I can vouch for these pins 100%. Made much more of a difference than I expected and well needed on the 11mm pumps, I can now cruise up a steep hill in third @~25mph when I would have had to shift down due to smoke levels.

Ill have a second one please bud:

1. Toby
2. Ginge191
3. The Gate Keeper
7. D@wson - Dont have the tools to do it myself. Thanks
8. londondan86

Edit. Ive got a spare pin, send me your address and I'll get it sent tomorrow
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
woop . .i've got a spare pin . . . . .send me your address Danny boy . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Done Matt Smile

Finished and posted Toby's pin today so just waiting for him to return his old one and then I can do that for ginge. Also waiting for Mattcheeses, londondans and Jackos spares Smile
Thanks given by:
Damn, do i get coilovers for my birthday, or a bosch set up.

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I know what id get, its up to you though mate lol
Thanks given by:
Enlighten me lol im so torn

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Bosch pump, ftw'nzzz
Thanks given by:
What bits do I need again? Suppose I could sell th Xbox for coilovers if I get desperate

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Posted first class bud ThumbsUp
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
9. me-tm

G'wan then. I'll give one of these a shot.
I'm just running a standard Bosch on a K14 at about 20-22psi, what sort of difference would this make? Already got the LDA rotated.
I could possibly have a little look in the scrappy next time I'm there, see if I can get any spares.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hopefully receive that tomorrow then Dan, with any luck I might have it posted back out friday Smile

Me-tm, heres a post I made earlier today in Toby's thread in the XUD section, About LDA pins grinds....

Quote:[Image: LDAgrindingdimensions.jpg]

'Standard 1' is the stock position with the least 'range' (less angled).

'Standard 2' is the rotated position with the most 'range' (more angled).

The darker slightly red line is the best way to grind a stock pin for a stock pump (ground into 'Standard 1')

Dimensions:

'a' (Standard 1 max travel) - 2.41 mm
'b' (Standard 2 max travel)- 4.06 mm
'c' (Ground max travel) - 5.80 mm

'd' (Standard 1 and Ground min travel) - 0.40 mm
'e' (Standard 2 min travel) - 1.81 mm

And by using them figures you can calculate the 'range' (difference between min and max points) for each position.

Standard 1 has a range of 2.01mm (From 0.40mm to 2.41mm)
Standard 2 has a range of 2.25mm (From 1.81mm to 4.06mm)
Ground has a range of 5.4mm (From 0.40mm to 5.80mm)

So rotating a standard pin from Std 1 to Std 2 (which alot of people do) WILL give more fuel over the whole range, but will not really increase the range at all, only by 0.24mm. Grinding Std 1 to Ground will increase the range to 5.4mm (Which is 3.41mm more than Std 2).

Hope that makes sense Smile
Thanks given by:
Put me down for one too please Dan Smile
Thanks given by:
Id just like to point out dans record in killing xuds whistle
/troll lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just envoloped up, going to post tomorrow before work Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok dan, I understood your quote there, but what I want to know is, what effect would it have?

I.e. more grunt across the whole rev range?
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The larger range means you have a bigger transition from off boost fuel and on boost fuel, basically you would gain fuel at the top end and you would reduce fuel off boost. Less smoke and more power Smile
Thanks given by:
May as well include me as the pump is just sat here doing nothing off the car and il only mess it up!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: Bosch 9mm ground lda Gov modded sherman306 10 1,562 10-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Last Post: sherman306
  FOR SALE: Bosch 9mm with ground lda sherman306 15 2,010 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Last Post: sherman306
  FOR SALE: Gov'd + Ground LDA Bosch pump, injectors + lines Craigus 18 3,523 01-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Craigus