Stupid car! (caution:boring rant inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid car! (caution:boring rant inside)
Feel like having a rant for once Tongue

It's being a pain, as some might know from other thread(s) from me, I put on a 10mm pump I put together, to find out it doesn't work, so I took it off again, partially stripped it down, all looked fine. SO, I had the choice, try the 10mm again, or just save time and put the 9mm back on..I chose to try the 10mm.. Still no joy.

So today I took the 10mm off, put the 9mm back together and put it on, tried starting it, finally fired but very rough, presumed it was a tooth out, even though I never took tension off the belt, and cable tied the belt to the pulleys so the didn't move (obviously locked into place, not that daft) so I re-timed it, started, still very rough. So I timed it again, and it was still rough! By now i'm completely fed up of working on the bloody thing..Finally got it running, still pretty rough, so I gave the plugs a bit more heat whilst it running, didn't do much. I cracked off the injectors one at a time whilst running to get air out, and injector one wasn't spraying much at all, so tried to bleed them normally, still barely anything from injector one.

SO the car runs now, but is a complete pain to start, even priming the grenade it still takes a long while of cranking before it chugs into life. Thinking air is getting in somewhere? Maybe that's why I could bleed it properly?

That's one very long and boring rant, but I feel better for writing it! I hate my car sometimes! lol If you have read it up to this point, care to shed any light on why it won't bleed, and why it takes soo long to start?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Not bleeding? Maybe its ginger and has no soul?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Maybe there's a ginger hiding in the fuel tank, not letting the pump have any fuel through.

It's a possibility..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I really wouldn't put it past Scott, he is cuntish like that...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well it's top of my list of possible faults.

1. Ginger in the tank

Anymore ideas?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
air getting in through fuel filter housing?, leaking primer grenade?, injector leak offs?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 12:08 AM)Ricky Wrote: Well it's top of my list of possible faults.

1. Ginger in the tank
2. Witchcraft
3. Tories

Anymore ideas?

Edited Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm going to replace all the fuel lines from the tank up anyway, also bought some leak off pipe, just need a new primer. That should probably sort it..hopefully
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Tilt the pump towards the block abit first, only 5 mins
Thanks given by:
before going through the hassle of replacing lines, put a clear line on both the inlet and return of the pump, you'll soon see if you're getting air in before or through the pump.
Thanks given by:
I have already given it plenty of advance, the same as I had it before. And I was planning on changing the lines anyway, they are in a real bad way tbh.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by: