Replacing rear calipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing rear calipers
Wheres the best place to get replacement rear calipers, ive had enough of servicing/replacing mine every 3 months when they get through another set of pads.

Ive tried the local motor factor thats £140 + £60 surcharge. Ebay have a set at £90 with £30 surcharge. Is there anywhere else to try? If rather buy local.

Thanks

Ian
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
"BORROW" a set from scrapyards, or get a rebuild kit that has new pistons seals and dust covers.
Thanks given by:
Ive replaced my L/H caliper last summer. Then it started binding and wore through one set of pads, replaced them and serviced the caliper, it was spot on and now im down to metal on the pads again. Just noticed it grinding this morning. Ive got new front calipers disks and pads to go on so i want some new rear ones too. Had nothing but trouble with the rear brakes.
Thanks given by:
So im not the only one then ive just got one side thst keeps wearing down rapid, gonna throw some pads on to see if can get another month or so lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive got some pads at home to tide me over but im fed up of new pads every 3 months. Fleebay seems the best bet.
Thanks given by:
I'm having the same problems with mine, the handbrake mechs are binding in them, even more apparent on the OS caliper as I couldn't get the pads in having wound the piston all the way in. Going to try greasing the mechs up but I have a feeling they're on their last legs now.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had no end of trouble with my rears!! Rebuilt them and been sweet as a nut ever since!! And the handbrake actually works
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny when you say rebuilt, did you do anything with the handbrake mechs? I've greased the sliders, removed pistons and cleaned up all the surfaces, but the handbrake levers keep sticking
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I completely stripped em bud right down to bare caliper, got a mate with his own engineering shop took the handbrake mechs out. Cleaned everything up double greased and reassembled, handbrake works a treat, nearly threw the car out of the machine on the mot lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ahh i mite just get some rebuild kits n get some fresh ones ready then sell old ones on fleabay, is the handbrake mech difficult to strip never really looked at it, i never had a problem woth drums even tempted to go back to them haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear brake calipers Welshy_Pete 2 1,477 19-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Any tips for undoing rear bleed nipples on calipers? Tom85 18 3,108 27-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Removing broken bleen nipple/How many types of rear calipers? Iaitoo 16 3,131 31-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Last Post: pug306driver