wait...what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wait...what?
Sorry guys got a lot going on in the real world. Can i have 99% for being a sensitive little bitch ? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bunch of cocktards!!!!

Pelow for pm ha ha

Sctatch that f*ck havin another scot in power

Me for pm!! Yay me
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 09:56 AM)Puggie Wrote: Sorry guys got a lot going on in the real world. Can i have 99% for being a sensitive little bitch ? Big Grin

Nope your not good enough for the 97/98/99% clubs, you can stay at 95 till you deserve to join the elite.

Oh and thanks for the apology on PM, i did try and reply but im still on your ignore list.
Thanks given by:
You guys are all so butthurt that my academic career is better than yours, jeeeeez.

I might get a PhD just so I can lord it up and make you all call me doctor Tongue

(obvious sarcasm is obvious, but some of you crayon eating arse bandits still miss it...)
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Ok well you enjoy your overpriced pretty bit of paper whilst I go and do my job that probably pays more than your grad one will that I didn't need any qualifications for.

Sarcasm there of course....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
4 days a week
£20k a year + uncapped OTE
6 weeks holiday
Staff package Virgin for £50pcm inc two boxes, sports, movies, everything
Company discount on travel and shopping
Free healthcare
a VERY good pension plan
Sharesave scheme on shares predicted to double in three years..

All the while you're pissing your money up the wall to be at the same starting point as me in however many years' time. My only regret was not going straight into employment myself.

And f*ck off Pellowe for mod, you all hated me yesterday.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah doing that are we?

23k a year + on call. (Am on 29.5k so far and I've still got a month left till year end)
Company car + fuel allowance
Company mobile
Company laptop
Health care and dental care
Discount scheme
25 days holiday a year
Death in service scheme
Discount virgin media

But of course, you need to be a grad to do anything decent with your life.

Oh and pellow, you should replace Adam. When I'm king of this forum when I forcibly take over soon, I will make you my right hand man. Together, we can rule this forum to make it a more banterous, insulting place. We will take no prisoners!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 01:53 PM)Niall Wrote: Ah doing that are we?

23k a year + on call. (Am on 29.5k so far and I've still got a month left till year end)
Company car + fuel allowance
Company mobile
Company laptop
Health care and dental care
Discount scheme
25 days holiday a year
Death in service scheme
Discount virgin media

But of course, you need to be a grad to do anything decent with your life.

Oh and pellow, you should replace Adam. When I'm king of this forum when I forcibly take over soon, I will make you my right hand man. Together, we can rule this forum to make it a more banterous, insulting place. We will take no prisoners!

I shall be the Eddard Stark to your Robert. If you turn out to be a Joffrey i'll castrate you before you hit puberty.

/gameofthronesseason3soonandcantdfuckingwait

On another note, if we're playing THAT game..

YTD i'm on £25k including having taken 6 weeks off work when I smashed my knee at Xmas. But yeah that's a pretty poor figure, definitely can't afford to run a house, support my family and run a car on those numbers. Wish i'd gone to Uni.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 01:35 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: You guys are all so butthurt that my academic career is better than yours,

Actually currently it probably isn't seen as you haven't actually finished your degree so what you've done so far ain't worth shit so you just have GCSE's and A levels/college same as everyone else. Well I've got 10 GCSE's and the equivalent of 3 A levels.

Chris like you I wish id left school sooner but i started on security work as soon as i was 18 and never looked back.

£35k a year plus overtime and unsociable hours.
equivalent of 4 days a week
best pension you can get
free travel within a 70 mile radius of London
discount on everything from BMWs to Pizza Hut
job security (they cant make me redundant)
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah forgot the pension scheme!

Chris, technically you don't have any gcses. I found out the other day they are only valid for 5 years. Same as a levels and degrees so technically, I don't have a single qualification to my name. I'm really bothered by that fact though....l
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 02:04 PM)Niall Wrote: Oh yeah forgot the pension scheme!

Chris, technically you don't have any gcses. I found out the other day they are only valid for 5 years. Same as a levels and degrees so technically, I don't have a single qualification to my name. I'm really bothered by that fact though....l

Well once upon a time I DID have 9GCSE's at A or above and 5 A-levels (3A, 2B) in, believe it or not, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Studies.

So yeah, i'm not retarded, i'm just socially inept
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 02:04 PM)Niall Wrote: Chris, technically you don't have any gcses. I found out the other day they are only valid for 5 years. Same as a levels and degrees so technically, I don't have a single qualification to my name. I'm really bothered by that fact though....l
Ha ha f*ck, Im completely un qualified (academically at least) ive got a ton of largely irrelevant qualifications from work though

(07-03-2013, 02:06 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Well once upon a time I DID have 9GCSE's at A or above and 5 A-levels (3A, 2B) in, believe it or not, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Studies.

So yeah, i'm not retarded, i'm just socially inept

Smart Arse! lol

I spent all my GCSE study leave out on my bike or in the park getting drunk then spent my 2 years at college getting incredibly drunk

GCSEs 1xB, 3xC 5xD and 1xE. BTEC was P,P,M, equivalent of C,C,B at A level.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 02:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Smart Arse! lol

I spent all my GCSE study leave out on my bike or in the park getting drunk then spent my 2 years at college getting incredibly drunk

GCSEs 1xB, 3xC 5xD and 1xE. BTEC was P,P,M, equivalent of C,C,B at A level.

GCSE's 7xA, 2xA*

Alevels 3xA, 2xB

What the f*ck happened to my brain?
Thanks given by:
The way you guys were talking I was expecting you to be f*cking rocket scientists on 50k+! I assure you I'll be earning more than that within 5 years of graduation, maximum, you mightn't like it, but its true.

Besides the point though really, regardless of pay grades I want to be an automotive engineer, you can't do it without a degree, so I'm doing a degree. I haven't said at any point that you can't succeed in life without a degree, but I couldn't think of a job that I would WANT to do without one.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 02:49 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Besides the point though really, regardless of pay grades I want to be an automotive engineer, you can't do it without a degree, so I'm doing a degree. I haven't said at any point that you can't succeed in life without a degree, but I couldn't think of a job that I would WANT to do without one.

Well that kind of typifies the majority of grads. There's plenty of jobs you'd enjoy doing where you don't need a degree but for some reason you all have this blinkered vision that all the other jobs must be shit?

Yeah my salary's not world beating but i'm comfortable and I actually enjoy my job. And how many jobs will I get a similar salary/benefits and three days off a week?
Thanks given by:
I'm part of a generation that has been told to go out and get the jobs we want, rather than finding pleasure in the ones we get. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'm going after my dream job, and see no reason why I shouldn't get it. I'm academically and practically able, have industrial experience, basically my CV is better than the vast majority of graduates. In fact I know the dude who has my dream job, he's a family friend from a modest background, who did the same degree as me, and is now the chief chassis engineer at Aston Martin.

I don't expect that straight off the bat, but he went straight in at Vauxhall with a 2:1 from a less prestigious university than mine, and only had to work there for 5 years before Aston would accept him.

Also, Jaguar land rover have just got a shit ton of investment for graduate jobs...engineers are still very much in demand.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 03:09 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I'm part of a generation that has been told to go out and get the jobs we want, rather than finding pleasure in the ones we get. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'm going after my dream job, and see no reason why I shouldn't get it. I'm academically and practically able, have industrial experience, basically my CV is better than the vast majority of graduates. In fact I know the dude who has my dream job, he's a family friend from a modest background, who did the same degree as me, and is now the chief chassis engineer at Aston Martin.

I don't expect that straight off the bat, but he went straight in at Vauxhall with a 2:1 from a less prestigious university than mine, and only had to work there for 5 years before Aston would accept him.

Also, Jaguar land rover have just got a shit ton of investment for graduate jobs...engineers are still very much in demand.

Mate i'm not trying to knock you for chasing your dreams and if you get your dream job i'll be the first to spit on your cake.

I'm just saying that there are so many unemployed graduates because they won't let their pride get dented and would rather sit on JSA because they're overqualified for the majority of jobs available.

I just think it's a double edged sword, moaning about youth unemployment when a huge chunk of them are people like yourselves with good degrees and too much pride.
Thanks given by:
Lol at some of the above. My degree means I earn 40k and I currently work 16 hours a week self employed.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
No, there are so many unemployed grads because they did surf science, or golf course management. It's the people who take bullshit degrees, or go to crappy universities that then don't get jobs. Who wants to employ a graduate who only got Ds at a level, and then went off to do 3 more years of education, play to your bloody strengths!

That sounds pretty lush anton, what do you do, and what was your degree?
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 04:28 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: No, there are so many unemployed grads because they did surf science, or golf course management. It's the people who take bullshit degrees, or go to crappy universities that then don't get jobs. Who wants to employ a graduate who only got Ds at a level, and then went off to do 3 more years of education, play to your bloody strengths!

No, I think you're stereotyping. Yes you can get a degree in almost anything, but i've lost count of how many of my friends from school have tried and failed in the 4 years or so since graduating to get a worthwhile job. I'm not talking 2:2's in agricultural paint colours, i'm talking medical students, scientists, engineers..

Nothing wrong with aiming high but not everyone can reach the top. Those that don't end up wasting their time either sulking or working jobs they could have got without the degree, four years sooner, and with a lot less debt.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha 2 years inside!! f*ck all qualifications! Kicked out of school at 15!! 50k a year plus dividends

Shove ya ph d's lol
Thanks given by:
New docs get gaurenterd a job for the First two years as an fy1/2... 60hrs for around 30k in hand 1st yr. around 35k in 2nd. Worked like dogs. Go figure!! I don't think drs can be compared to any other grad. 99% of grad drs are shit hot competitive mf's! Slackers get kicked out in the first couple of yrs. if you make it through to graduation as a slacker, you will end up with the shitty posts after fy2 - which is probably why one becomes jobless... Why spend 5/6yrs studying to go down a completely bollocks training pathway in a speciality that doesn't interest you? To get your first couple of highly competitve speciality preferences, you wouldn't believe the standards that need be achieved before finals.

A friend of mine recently graduated from bham Uni with a first in accounting. Had a great cv and work experience history..So pretty much immediately got a job working at phones 4 u, starting on 24k. He is now getting trained up by them and will jump upwards beyond 30k soon. Not bad.

Another friend of mine is doing AAT on the side whilst working full time. A different non Uni route into accounting. In theory he will end up on the same ladder eventually. Will be interesting to see how it plays out for them.

Keep on it Kessieboi, doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 04:28 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: No, there are so many unemployed grads because they did surf science, or golf course management. It's the people who take bullshit degrees, or go to crappy universities that then don't get jobs. Who wants to employ a graduate who only got Ds at a level, and then went off to do 3 more years of education, play to your bloody strengths!

Sport and Fitness Management. Charge £50 an hour as a coach.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Oh, almost forgot ...

Uni retards > non Uni retards

Yeaaa thats right
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 04:32 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha 2 years inside!! f*ck all qualifications! Kicked out of school at 15!! 50k a year plus dividends

Shove ya ph d's lol

And you still drive a shitty sigma Ph1 :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha yep don't forget I got a big family!
Could buy a nicer car but why?
Thanks given by:
Hurrah the cavalry has arrived lol

But anyway, can't we get back to the harmless abuse...all I did was vaguely mention I was a student Tongue

You're lady gardens, the lot of you.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant wait till im back in a 306. underground375 12 1,978 06-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  Wait, what? Andy 37 8,886 29-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Andy
  Fake (Oh wait, maybe it is real) Rallye! hbomb1905 160 49,440 15-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Toms306