rocker cover torque setting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rocker cover torque setting
hi guys anyone got a haynes handy i need to know the torque setting for a 1997 1905 td rocker cover bolts as i dont want to over tighten them cheers
Thanks given by:
Literally f*ck all.

I think it's about 3lb.ft - but I'll check for you.

IIRC I couldn't find a torque wrench low enough to check them when I did mine, they really are NOT tight at all!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Rocker cover torque settings, 3 bolts? Just do them up without straining them - as basic as it sounds, they dont "really" need torqueing up.

I'd finger screw them all in first, and work them all bit by bit, as to not tighten one at a time, but simultaneously, if that makes sense
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
as this is not my car i dont want to snap the bolts/carriers thanks ruan (cant find my auto data disk or i would look myself). i did my own by guess still leaked lol not sure if it was to tight or to loose?
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 01:49 PM)vincent1 Wrote: as this is not my car i dont want to snap the bolts/carriers thanks ruan (cant find my auto data disk or i would look myself). i did my own by guess still leaked lol not sure if it was to tight or to loose?

Ensure the gasket has a decent seal all around the rocker cover itself. i know i've had a leak straight away after replacing a gasket as they can often 'fold in' on themselves on points
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
This is actually a point of contention in the Haynes manual. It lists them as 18ft/lb but I read somewhere that is a mistake and will snap them, the source where I read said 5ft/lbs was more like it. So yeah, basically.
Thanks given by:
I know if you try 10nm they will snap lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the guide may want altering it says 20 nm thats why i questioned it although the guide is very good imo the nm figure may need altering for newbies to the site i am just re downloading auto data so will see what they advise soon lol.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3090.html
Thanks given by:
just installed downloaded auto data its 5nm 93 to 97 10nm 97 to 2002 mines a ph1 p plate 1997 so i presume its 5nm? 3.68 lbs as ruan rightly said thanks again guys.
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 08:00 PM)vincent1 Wrote: the guide may want altering it says 20 nm thats why i questioned it although the guide is very good imo the nm figure may need altering for newbies to the site i am just re downloading auto data so will see what they advise soon lol.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3090.html

I just copied the setting from the haynes, ill update the guide later. Cheers
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
your guide is very good Dan i have sent a link to my mate so he can do his own sent him the auto data settings its up to him now. Got my own nad to do also new rocker cover gasket/breather pipe and glow plugs just to cold out there at the min.
does any one know the pug part number of the fiber washers that go under the steel ones on the rocker cover mine are all missing and is leaking from them cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rocker cover gasket philpemberton94 3 1,052 16-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  Injectors torque setting?? Bunhead5565 1 870 07-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Last Post: daveylennon93
  Torque setting for con rod nuts? Ben 15 2,745 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Ruan