Sunroof removal, help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunroof removal, help?
How would i go about removing it? Its a source of leaks, i hate it, it takes up headroom, i have a big head, i hate it, i dont use it, ever, oh and i hate it. I was looking at plastic on ebay but then surely it would have be kind of flexible because the roof isnt perfectly flat:/ Also would a non sunroof 5 door headling fit in place after i ripped it out? Or is none of this worth it? Not sure what to do really guys Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Easy! But get someone to help it hurts when it falls on your head lol, 6 bolts iirc, I just riveted a sheet of aluminium in there! Yeh a non sunroof headlining will fit!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
im in the process of blanking off my sunroof tom, going to be using a sheet of lexan plastic as it means i can paint it white and it will be a flush fit when milled properly, aluminium plate will be a pain to get smooth and will require body shop work on the roof after
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
f*ck that i was looking at riveting plastic on top the roof, the cars not exactly in perfect condition or low milage or anything, rather just stop the water getting in haha! And slo have a bit of breathing room above me head!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hammer.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 12:59 AM)sammykins Wrote: Hammer.

Failing that....

Bigger hammer.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 03:25 PM)Tom Wrote: ....i hate it, it takes up headroom, i have a big head...

How does it take up headroom? If your heads that big then maybe sticking it through an open sunroof would be ideal. lol
Thanks given by:
Rooflining in a sunroof model is lower to accomodate the sunroof cartridge
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
..... just don't remvove the sunroof - an electric sunroof on a phase 1 that WORKS is a rare sight; persist with the leaks mate, you've got more free time on your hands than me Sad
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 10:12 AM)ginge191 Wrote: ..... just don't remvove the sunroof - an electric sunroof on a phase 1 that WORKS is a rare sight; persist with the leaks mate, you've got more free time on your hands than me Sad

I have a 2 phase1's with working non leaking sunroofs Tongue

As to the posts about lack of head room, the only thing I can think of is:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuMBgPqzg9AHIaPI5lsqj...RX4-Pbb5DA]
Thanks given by:
Had a thought, Going to go Peugeot and see how much the sunroof seal will cost. It its alot, im getting the hammer if its reasonable i may take it all apart and replace :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
i think a genuine pug sunroof seal is about £42
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
None on ebay :/ Also thought weld a sheet of something over the hole then carbon or gloss black wrap the roof?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
welding is effort. il get my plastic blank done soon, if it turns out well i have enough left over to make maybe 2 or 3 more sunroof blanks.

be patient tom! haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Bloke I spoke to about welding said it would warp the roof so didn't bother
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ozone get on with it mate! Wink

Cheers Jonny man that had never crossed my mind :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: