Door loom d-day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door loom d-day
Well tommorow is the big day I'm doing my drivers side car to door loom swap has anyone got any tips or pointers please? Anything I should do or look out for ??
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
good luck! Dont bodge it! Have a good supply of tape and or heatshrink! Soldering is the way forwards! Dont be crimping anything!
Thanks given by:
change the complete loom, its far easier that trying to splice it
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 10:40 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: change the complete loom, its far easier that trying to splice it

What you mean mate

(18-02-2013, 10:39 PM)SRowell Wrote: good luck! Dont bodge it! Have a good supply of tape and or heatshrink! Soldering is the way forwards! Dont be crimping anything!

Was gonna solder and heat shrink I got a loom 2nd hand with plenty if cable in it so just gotta join it all up
Thanks given by:
New door loom part number is 6542.vq but its expensive from the dealers. Keep an eye out for a second hand / new old stock item. It's definitely the way forward if you got more than 2 or 3 snapped wires or if they are snapped too short to join. The part has all 23 wires so does drivers or passenger door and covers all the electrical accessories options.
Thanks given by:
Gonna start this in about an hour any last Minute advice
Thanks given by:
dont burn yourself

always allow a little extra when cutting wires

do the door to chassis wiring at the same time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The loom runs from behind the fuse box to the osf door-osr-handbrake-nsr-nsf door. Remove the rear seats carpet and center console and it can be changed out quicker and easier than cutting and joining new plug on
Thanks given by:
All sorted now swapped the loom out just got a new problem now but that's a different question
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Door Loom Swapped - Central Locking Fault! partybish 8 3,040 29-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: paulgtt
  drivers door loom wires pug306driver 3 1,510 27-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: BiG K
  driver side door loom callumh121 2 1,567 20-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: callumh121