turbo/manifold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbo/manifold
i have had a look in the search but know joy! are the exhaust manifolds different depending on the turbo? been down the local tat yard looking for a replacement for the kkk thats on the car now how easy to identify without removing? i know the t2 and k03 have a conventional actuator setup but can you say which is which just at a quick glance?
Thanks given by:
I always seem to get this the wrong way round but I think the T2 and the KKK K03 share a manifold and the GT15 and KKK K14 share a manifold.

Both the KKK turbos have a locknut with an allen bolt in the middle for adjustment whereas the Garrett turbos need to have the arm adjusted. Although if you are planning to turn up the boost just keep the wastegate standard and fit an MBC, much less faffing about.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
They are all different mani the k14 is adjusted using allen key and lock nut and the k03 is similar set up as the two garret turbos just shorten the bar for more boost but agree with above mbc much handier
Thanks given by:
K14 and T2 share the same manifold, K03 and GT15 share a manifold.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
I know the difference between the turbos as I sed above how can you tell the difference between the t2 and gt15? Looking at the pug system there is only one exhaust manifold listed for the xud's
Thanks given by:
The wastegate arm has a funny clip thing round it on gt15 and t2 is bare arm and nut. Also says gt15 on the cold side housing.. And the manifold has three holes on it which are smaller than the t2. Hope this helps not sure if your asking about turbo of mani
Thanks given by:
Cheers bud just looking for a turbo to replace a kkk that's on it's way out! Ideally after a t2 and matching manifold!
Thanks given by:
I see now gt15 and ko3 are off the later hdi engines! So and early t2 and manifold will be ideal good all round turbo and a non egr manifold to save blanking!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will a T2 turbo fit on a K14 manifold? Dum-Dum 3 3,368 18-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  TD04 Turbo Manifold scottbmxer 13 4,811 09-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  Manifold Removal, Easy or Hard? And Turbo Clocking? bigcheez2k3 9 4,263 24-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Dave