Near drowning, is it too late?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near drowning, is it too late?
Deep enough it seems, being lowered definitely didnt help. The bumper was on the dry and the rear was still in the water and it was still touching the chassis at the back, not sure how deep it got in the middle, depends how much the road dropped.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
only takes the initial 'wave' and a quick gulp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ive check my car on the diagnostics, used a snap on solus. Had a few unrecognised codes come up: p1109, p1108 and p1606. Ive googled and googled and i cant find what these codes mean. If anybody could help with finding them it it would be great, im not sure what to search to get an answer.

It also showed my MAP sensor reading didnt change at all, aparently it should. What am i ment to do now? Change the sensor? If so where is it? And how much can i expect it to cost?

Thanks for all the help

Ian
Thanks given by:
Don't recognise those codes, will have a look about.

You don't have a MAP sensor, only a MAF sensor.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Maybe thats why it was reading a constant. The MAF was changing with the revs as expected so i think thats fine. The MAP did confuse me a little, hadnt heard of these having one. Thanks
Thanks given by:
The codes aparently are cooling fans (these are removed, so no suprise there) and theres a fault with my EML, wiring/bulb/ecu fault.

Can someone tell me if the fans are unplugged does it turn the EML light on?

And does anyone in/near gloucestershire have a compression tester i could borrow? My mates boss is being an ass about borrowing his or even going to his work to use it.
Thanks given by:
p1109 = Intake air temperature (IAT) B sensor intermittent,
p1108 = EDC15C2 - Fan high speed circuit. Open circuit or short circuit to earth.
p1606 = ECM control relay O/P circuit malfunction

IAT sensor is in the Maf so if its drunk water its probably fobared

the ecu monitors the relays for the fans so if the relays ar missing there will be a fan fault logged

diag reading gear will show a MAP sensor reading but you will find it is a set point and do's not vary
Thanks given by:
Awesome cheers mate, im ignoring the fan fault as these are unplugged to nothing to worry about there. The IAT fault, new MAF? If so where is the best place to get one, scrappy or new? What about the 1606 code is this to do with the fans again or something else?
Thanks given by:
1606 i dont know its listing as an output from the ecm so could be anything but maybe fan output for aircon?? thats a guess

http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa%20e...codes.html
Thanks given by:
Holy f*ck, nice find Cully!

I'd say change the maf for new - an awful lot of hdis i see have knackered mafs and the owners don't even realise, so the chances of finding a good one in a scrappy are probably fairly poor.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah ill be making sure i save that link.
Thanks given by: