Near drowning, is it too late?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near drowning, is it too late?
Exclamation 
Ok so here is the back story... http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-10786.html.

Basicly today im trying to sort her out, running rough this morning with alot of white smoke. Ive got the airbox off and maf disconnected.
Oil does have water in so im going to do and oil and filter change.
Ive taken out one glow plug so far, it looks like this...
[Image: F9785C5F-BB57-4566-B019-E5BEAB788207-416...4656c8.jpg]
Is this ok? Should i check them all?

What do i need to check next or what can i try? Will getting heat in there help? It didnt smoke yesterday after it got a jump start and ran fine when i was coming home.

Thanks for any help, i just hope i havent killed her.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Take all the glow plugs out then crank it over, thstll clear any water in the cylinders. Dry the air filter out as well, or replace it. Then go from there. If you're able, could always do a compression test on each cyminder, thell let you know if you've bent a rod or anything. Good luck buddy
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
How do i do a compression test, im guessing specific tools. Im alright with nuts and bolts but not engine running.
Thanks given by:
Yeah you'll need a compression tester, you can pick them up from halfords for about 30quid IIRC, just a gauge that screws into the glow plug hole. Try clearing the water then starting first, if it still runs like a bag of shit, then I'd think about testing compression

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...&langId=-1

Thanks given by:
Awesome cheers, these glowplugs are being a pain now, didnt make them easy to get to did they, just put everything in the way.
Thanks given by:
Haha good old French design! Let us know how you get on dude ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
That compression tester won't fit in the glow plug hole I don't think.. It's for spark plug thread and spark plug thread is bigger than Glowplug thread.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a mate in a garage so ill see if i can borrow one off him.
Thanks given by:
bit late after running it to try and clear out any water from cylinders!!! lol

the white smoke may just be a very damp exhaust/air filter
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So got all the glow plugs out, 1-3 seem fine just like the picture above, 4 however looks rather wet in comparison. Its the one at the far left when your looking in the bonnet(from the front).
Thanks given by:
Not too late actually. I drove 50 miles home after sucking water into a cylinder, still blasted a jet of water out when I cranked it with no spark plugs.

the link was just ad an example anyway.

Cranked it over yet?

Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 12:11 PM)sammykins Wrote: Not too late actually. I drove 50 miles home after sucking water into a cylinder, still blasted a jet of water out when I cranked it with no spark plugs.

the link was just ad an example anyway.

Cranked it over yet?

sure that wasnt just unburnt fuel?!

(12-02-2013, 12:10 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: So got all the glow plugs out, 1-3 seem fine just like the picture above, 4 however looks rather wet in comparison. Its the one at the far left when your looking in the bonnet(from the front).

wouldnt think it still be wet from water after driving and running it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes in sure that wasn't just unburnt fuel, I think I know the difference between water and petrol.

Thanks given by:
Just about to crank it over, as i said it just looks wet, has a wif of diesel bug then it is a glow plug.

[Image: 21A52BC2-F173-42E2-B5A1-4A7D2F3E66F7-416...c96023.jpg]

Hard to tell from a pic but thats the plugs.
Thanks given by:
that is very wet...
spin it over, see what flies out
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just tested the glow plugs and only the wet one did anything.
Thanks given by:
thats ironic....what happened when you spun the engine over?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nothing came out of any of them.
Thanks given by:
new set of plugs...make sure all is dry, and try driving it mate, nothing to lose...if damage has been done, its been done by now
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, new plugs, oil and filters then ill try it.
Thanks given by:
Dont forget to empty out your intake piping. As people have said, any damage will have already been done, but you might be alright, did it myself a few months back, loads of water in all four cylinders amd shes still running fine. Did you crank her a lot witht the plugs out? Mine kept spurting water for best part of a minute...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No water came out at all, only thing was vapour coming out.
New plugs in and air filter and maf reconnected, running with alot of blue/white smoke when i rev it.
Ive now got to warm it up to change the oil, dont really want to be running it till thats done but i havent got a choice.

Is there any chance a gasket might of gone during any of this, just a thought that im having.
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 12:13 PM)sammykins Wrote: Yes in sure that wasn't just unburnt fuel, I think I know the difference between water and petrol.

lmao
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
need a facedesk smiley tbh...

Thanks given by:
Sometimes I think the same. Although would be very much overused at some of stupidity lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 02:17 PM)Matt Wrote: Sometimes I think the same. Although would be very much overused at some of stupidity lol

Word. lol

Thanks given by:
There's a chance the headgasket has gone, yeah. Mine smoked for a couple of days afterwards, she's fine now. Although now i think about it, i never did get around to changing the oil since that happened... whoops, job for the weekend lol. Confused
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well its had all new filters, oil and glow plugs, still smokey. Im going to take it for a drive after ive eaten. See how it goes, anything i should be looking for that spells bad news?
Thanks given by:
Not really, the only real negative outcomes of something like this is knackered headgasket or it'll throw a rod, so either it is or it isn't if you know what i mean. Look on the bright side, at least you won't be left wondering. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How deep was the flood? The intake is pretty high up on 306s (unless youve got a non standard one ofcourse). I often go through deep puddles....but never anything high enough to high enough to reach the grill intake.
Thanks given by: