Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all,
New member for Ireland. Recently bought a gti6 ph2 cherry red over a few beers (great idea at the time). Also have a 2 205 gti's.
I see there is a few members here for Ireland/Northen Ireland which is good as i am always looking for parts.
The gti6 needs some work but using it as a daily driver, as i dont do much driving and also have the better halfs car for the longer trips.
Ill get some pics up soon.
Thanks given by:
welcome!!

but flipping ek...its like the Irish invasion on this site recently! lol

get some pics up chap of ya 306a
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Smile
Thanks given by:
yea partly why i joined there seems to be a few irish here. there VERY few gti6 in Ireland. At work this week so only have the work laptop so no pics yet.
Thanks given by:
Welcome Big Grin
Thanks given by:
welcome! Dont slam it.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along

Where bouts in ireland you from

Deff naw a lot of gti6's about over here, rare sight
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate. Good to see somthing other than a Dturbo come out of ireland Big Grin

As above though. Dont deck it. Defeats the object of a gti really ThumbsUp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Feltspec it. I've not seen any reason why you shouldn't in my time on here, none at all.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 10:04 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Feltspec it. I've not seen any reason why you shouldn't in my time on here, none at all.

Iv found a good reason to! Tryed felt specin my DT at the weekend. Coilies wound right down to the floor. Still not low enough. So i cant do it without bdging it. I.E remove helper springs and risk disloction or put in tu springs that wreck the handling

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Nooo, feltspec is lowering the back so it looks like a dog with worms. For full effect, chop standard dturbo springs at the front to suit. Better yet, remove them completely and ride around on the shocks alone.

HTH
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Very few feltspec cars now are running no springs, coilovers without helpers or the classic saxo springs

Just scared to go low :p
Thanks given by:
no wont be getting feltspec, keeping it standard except a few ph3 upgrades. First is all new belts, fluids and some preventive maintance and later on in the year a respray if funds allow.

@rickye from the Meath/Cavan/Westhmeath border.
Thanks given by:
Btw I agree, don't deck a gti6, only dervs get away with it Big Grin

Bravely down the country then, I'm right at the north coast myself
Thanks given by:
The 306 dervs seem to be popular in Louth/Monaghan seem to all end up broken there. The good old van was popular for a few years, but seem to be all but gone now. Years of abuse didnt help. Its all 205 gti's where i am. Between road/ rally/rallycross and breaking there must be about 30-40.
Thanks given by:
Aye, dturbos are the weapon of choice up north, countless abouts of them, sedans seem to be getting popular aswell

Would love a wee 306 van, but iirc only came with a dw8

205's are mint, we have 2 ourselfs, wee rwd rally one and a mint white shell, not many on the roads but
Thanks given by:
Welcome along.
Thanks given by: