306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
New member for Ireland. Recently bought a gti6 ph2 cherry red over a few beers (great idea at the time). Also have a 2 205 gti's.
I see there is a few members here for Ireland/Northen Ireland which is good as i am always looking for parts.
The gti6 needs some work but using it as a daily driver, as i dont do much driving and also have the better halfs car for the longer trips.
Ill get some pics up soon.
welcome!!

but flipping ek...its like the Irish invasion on this site recently! lol

get some pics up chap of ya 306a
Welcome along! Smile
yea partly why i joined there seems to be a few irish here. there VERY few gti6 in Ireland. At work this week so only have the work laptop so no pics yet.
Welcome Big Grin
welcome! Dont slam it.
Welcome along

Where bouts in ireland you from

Deff naw a lot of gti6's about over here, rare sight
Welcome along mate. Good to see somthing other than a Dturbo come out of ireland Big Grin

As above though. Dont deck it. Defeats the object of a gti really ThumbsUp
Feltspec it. I've not seen any reason why you shouldn't in my time on here, none at all.
(19-02-2013, 10:04 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Feltspec it. I've not seen any reason why you shouldn't in my time on here, none at all.

Iv found a good reason to! Tryed felt specin my DT at the weekend. Coilies wound right down to the floor. Still not low enough. So i cant do it without bdging it. I.E remove helper springs and risk disloction or put in tu springs that wreck the handling
Nooo, feltspec is lowering the back so it looks like a dog with worms. For full effect, chop standard dturbo springs at the front to suit. Better yet, remove them completely and ride around on the shocks alone.

HTH
Welcome along
Very few feltspec cars now are running no springs, coilovers without helpers or the classic saxo springs

Just scared to go low :p
no wont be getting feltspec, keeping it standard except a few ph3 upgrades. First is all new belts, fluids and some preventive maintance and later on in the year a respray if funds allow.

@rickye from the Meath/Cavan/Westhmeath border.
Btw I agree, don't deck a gti6, only dervs get away with it Big Grin

Bravely down the country then, I'm right at the north coast myself
The 306 dervs seem to be popular in Louth/Monaghan seem to all end up broken there. The good old van was popular for a few years, but seem to be all but gone now. Years of abuse didnt help. Its all 205 gti's where i am. Between road/ rally/rallycross and breaking there must be about 30-40.
Aye, dturbos are the weapon of choice up north, countless abouts of them, sedans seem to be getting popular aswell

Would love a wee 306 van, but iirc only came with a dw8

205's are mint, we have 2 ourselfs, wee rwd rally one and a mint white shell, not many on the roads but
Welcome along.