non turbo cam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
non turbo cam?
I keep seeing people using the non turbo cam in there xud. What's the benefits?has anyone else done it? Can't see the need for a cam in a derv myself
Thanks given by:
I don't think I've seen anyone do it tbh?

But as you say an improved can isn't really needed until you get to much higher power
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
XUD9A Non Turbo Camshaft - 0801 E8
XUD9TE D8B Non EGR Camshaft - 0801 E8
XUD9TE DHY Camshaft - 0801 E8

Says about as much as you need to know I think?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
If you use a non turbo cambelt you also get more power
Thanks given by:
Non turbo tensioners are a well known performance part also!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Just pop a dab of weld on the tip of each lobe for a bit more lift. Works wonders
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 07:33 PM)Dan! Wrote: Just pop a dab of weld on the tip of each lobe for a bit more lift. Works wonders

Sounds good to me lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
So it's a load of rubbish then was a car on Ebay back along which said it had a non turbo cam for better lift. Dturbo owners group on Facebook also mentioned it yesterday.oh well cleared that up then shows the knowledge of this forum
Thanks
Thanks given by:
try an electric supercharger...they are like a few quid on ebay...

give up to 50bhp increase!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Times are increased valve lifts to gain Hp.
Changing the size of the camshaft or if it is resized change the timing diagram.
To gain more Hp, install a camshaft pulley adjustable or watch a bit of those
some PSA Hdi settable origin.

Changing the camshaft create a range of greater use at high speeds and is lose some low end torque.
It may be possible that he's obliged to climb harder springs, or alleviation cups, valves and tappets to avoid panic valves.
Changing valve springs, valve guides allows the bolt to be reliable ride high in the towers without breaking the head gasket, cylinder head or worse.
Changing the valves of the power adapter can be useful.

We talk about cams sharp, but it is the opposite, they are more rounded for easy valve lift.
Thanks given by:

Piggy 1987

Useful post there well done
Thanks given by:
its as useful as fitting a non-turbo cam...

dont use facebook as your guide...come here chap
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Peace & L... Attitude 8-)
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 08:02 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: its as useful as fitting a non-turbo cam...

It was a car for sale on ebay that said they had put a non turbo cam on a D turbo. It doesn't hurt to ask the question does it?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 11:13 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(10-02-2013, 08:02 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: its as useful as fitting a non-turbo cam...

It was a car for sale on ebay that said they had put a non turbo cam on a D turbo. It doesn't hurt to ask the question does it?

+1

Noone's tried to pass it off as true, the fella's come on here to clear it up, which it now has been.

/closethread
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by: