heater control panel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heater control panel
hey just wondering if anyone can tell me how you remove the heater control panel, i need to replace the bulbs as none of them work, i got all the radio and front trim off etc, but didnt want to rip the cables of until i know thats what you have to do...... cheers.
Thanks given by:
If I remember rightly, take the radio out then on the inside of the dash there's 2(?) 10mm bolts beneath where the radio was, that should enable you to take the fascia off and then reveal the 4 torx bolts for the heater panel. Im sure someone will correct me though!
Thanks given by:
thats cool, ive got the two 8/10mm nuts off (either size lol) so i can move the control panel but wondering about the next bit.....lol
Thanks given by:
Just pull it out, there's a blue and yellow cable pull type thing, just unhook them and unplug the connector too - there's enough slack to pull the panel out and not break the wires
Thanks given by:
wicked, will do that tomorrow, i though that was the case but wanted to check first....many thanks matey
Thanks given by:
On mine i pulled the dials off popped the 4 little tabs and took the whole front panel off pulled the bulbs out of the holders and put te new ones in Smile saves messing with the cables
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
even better, i didnt want to disturb the cables in case i screwed them up lol. perfect cheers
Thanks given by:
What bulbs are in the panel mine need replacing ?
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Bulbs are 286's

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=6827 -post 2 shows it with the front panel off
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Great cheers mate
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:

The pics above are from when i changed the bulbs... Recently, as someone said the 4 tabs is by far the easiest, the only thing id mention is the fact that mine were soldered to the bulb holder!! And i didnt realise till i shattered the bulb trying to get it out lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater Fan Full Power (Auto panel) -ER- 3 1,499 23-04-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Heater control doesnt seem to be working davey 6 2,382 13-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Chris HDI
  Heater control Mac22 8 1,851 13-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Last Post: mikey b