306 Radio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 Radio
I have just taken delivery of a 2002 306 HDI, has anyone fitted any form of aftermarket iPod/iPhone Adapter to theirs? Connects2 do a good range and Mrs Meridian had a 206 HDI some time ago and we used a Connects2 lead quite well.

If not has anyone got any ideas on how to get my iPhone integrated into the existing system (dont want to buy a new head unit).
Thanks given by:
This any help ?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1865467,00.asp
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Hi dude,

I did precisely that, added a Connects2 ipod adaptor to the standard Clarion PU2294 headunit because I wanted to keep the OEM integration.

However.

It's not without it's problems, and it's a PITA to use. It runs on permanent live (getting its' feed from the stereo) so it can constantly charge your iPod / iPhone, however the problem comes when trying to play back music. You have to press "play" on your iPod and symultaneously (and very quickly) press the CD changer button on the Headunit for it to work. Not funny!

It becomes a bit of a chore to get it going and is very hard when you're in motion!

The adaptor I had in my Focus (also made by Connects2) worked much better.

The 306 Stereo keeps giving errors like 'NO MAGA' ie. it can't find the CD changer magazine.

I returned mine eventually because it gave up working. I ended up buying a Connects2 aux-in adaptor instead, so I've lost the ability to skip tracks and it won't charge my ipod, but a stealth 12V usb connection in the car works just as well.

It also has had none of the same problems the iPod interface did.

Mine was £28 from Dynamic Sounds.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Today I decided to buy a new head unit as the connects2 option was looking about £50 and the quality would be questionable. I've opted for the Sony Xplod MEX BT3900u Bluetooth IPhone unit. Does anyone know If the 306 radio comes with standard ISO connectors ?
Thanks given by:
Yes it does will just plug straight in mate
Thanks given by:
if i'm not to late don't go sony lol. Go Alpine maybe kenwood or Pioneer but no sony. tell me what features you want and i'll help you find a head unit
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Too late! I went for a Sony and in all fairness I'm chuffed with it. What makes you say avoid Sony?
Thanks given by:
They do come loaded with features but are the worse of the big 4 for SQ and SPL consistently. No matter if you set it flat or play with the eq it won't sound as good as other people's if that makes sense
Thanks given by:
I had 2 sonys in 2 years disc drives failed amongst other stuff Sony replaced them both times even though the first was outside the 12 month warranty
Thanks given by:
i had a sony once but got rid of it fast cause the SQ was not up to alpine or pioneer standards but had a wealth of features for the price
Thanks given by:
Yeah the features were great headunit was shite though I went pioneer after that stil going 5 years later and sounds better
Thanks given by:
yea i had a pioneer in pat. liked it loads but went back to alpine as i love how natural and neutral they are with sound. granted the p88rs or p99rs pio's are the same but they as much as alpine F#1 which is too much unless i started competing for money!
Thanks given by:
Damn you kwik, after reading this all I notice now is how flat my damn Sony stereo is!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sony stereos really are crap. I had several and despite the fact they broke and 1 even tried setting fire to my 106, I could never ever get them to sound how I wanted.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sorry Sam!

This is my top 4 and why and all my opinion lol

1) Alpine - Pros = Natural Sound / Neutral Sound / Features / Sound Adjustment / Build Quality
Cons = Price / Some say sounds Clinical as in too precise
2) Pioneer - Pro's = Warm Analog Sounding / Features / Sound Adjustment / Build Quality / Great budget range
Cons = Not as Precise as alpine so some say fuzzy / Price for Mid range and above
3) Kenwood - Pro's = Loudest / Features / Sound Adjustment / Great Budget Range
Cons = Fuzzy sounding / Build Quality lacks somewhat
4) Sony - Pro's = Features / Price / Available in a wider range of places
Cons = Worse sounding / Build Quality

As i said before this is all my opinion and don't get me wrong between the top 3 it's very close closer then it has been in years but Alpine still gets number 1 cause they awesome and i'm not spending big money on say an eclipse/Nakamichi etc.

Also this is just for Head Units not speakers or amplifiers or sound processing lol
Thanks given by:
I also hate Sony stereos lol, was surprised with JVC though, not as good as Alpine but for the money I reckon one of the best value (beats Sony any day!) plus I like the big knob, easy to use even without reading the instructions. Smile
Thanks given by:
I got a jvc one atm till I can get another pioneer dunno what it sounds like though stereo ay putting any sound out think the speaker cables are shorting out where they have split in the door loom
Thanks given by:
JVC's are not that bad tbh heard a few and JVC Kenwood Holdings is what they are now since 2008 so maybe that's why they gone up bounds since then.

Willo sort out the door looms or they will short out the power ic's in headunit and make it dead apart from line outs.....
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to just every time I have a day off so far its rained or snowed I've just took the headunit out for now and taped up all the broken cable in the door
Thanks given by:
I'm Quite pleased with the Sony unit and for the money is packed full of features I wouldn't say I'm a true audio connoisseur As long as I can hear my music. Whilst driving to work I'm happy.

The hands-free system is quite good but I think it requires an external microphone As you can hear yourself talking in the background.
Thanks given by:
the main thing is your happy ThumbsUp

I'm a self confessed audio snob but guess that comes with being a DJ lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radio/Arial + radio stalk PocketFighter 15 3,875 05-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter