Radio/Arial + radio stalk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio/Arial + radio stalk
fitted an aftermarket stereo, can no longer use the stalk on the steering wheel, is there a way to wire up the stalk to the unit? to be fair i didn't check but at the same time i didn't notice anywhere to plug it in to!

also the arial, is it worth changing to a sharkfin style? just want it to look a little different!

thanks
Thanks given by:
yes, search for auto leads radio adapter, as for the shark fin, you could i guess, not my thing personally . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: PocketFighter
thanks mate, will have a look now! silly question, but i'm assuming on google, unless theres a thread on here?! lol
Thanks given by:
ebay, google, Amazon, whatever mate, they're quite widely available . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
yeah guessed as much lol found a couple! thinking of changing my headunit again that lets me use my phone/usb instead of a headphone jack!
Thanks given by:
like this but you might be able to get it cheaper, first one that came up . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-30...SwRgJXjew7
Thanks given by:
being that mines a 2001 (Xreg) will that matter?
Thanks given by:
radio i've takes the stalk, and as for the arial i got an in car arial
Thanks given by:
how well does the in-car one perform?
Thanks given by:
definately better than the external, my signal was awful to the point of never listening to the radio cos of it, alot of it depends on the headunit you have though as a lot of newer ones don't have good recievers built in due to the ipod and bluetooth era that we are in, but for a few quid in halfrauds it's always worth a try, had one in my old car too. Also means you can smooth the roof Wink
(02-08-2016, 09:42 PM)P-Courty Wrote: radio i've takes the stalk, and as for the arial i got an in car arial

(03-08-2016, 07:37 AM)P-Courty Wrote: definately better than the external, my signal was awful to the point of never listening to the radio cos of it, alot of it depends on the headunit you have though as a lot of newer ones don't have good recievers built in due to the ipod and bluetooth era that we are in, but for a few quid in halfrauds it's always worth a try, had one in my old car too. Also means you can smooth the roof Wink

awesome stuff, i like the idea of having a smooth roof... but i do really like the sharkfin lol

I will see what to do as i would like a new head unit as it doesnt let me use my phone via usb (Galaxy S7) so would like a setup to use it! just saves using loads of wires, but also looking at a DAB system too!
Thanks given by:
I'm unsure about the shark fins, think they look good on cars with the arial to the rear of the roof but not seen any at the front think it may look odd, they do internal dab ones too Wink mates got one in a focus st and works a treat [emoji106]
i would imagine it depends on the style of sharkfin... would have to be a pretty low one rather than a taller one! I will have a look and see as i do like the look of them

they seem pretty cheap on evil bay so i might even bite the bullet!

yup bit the bullet and took the risk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-BLACK-SHAR...SwPc9WycxO

£10 including postage! will let you know how it goes
Thanks given by:
have to put a pic up would be interesting to see, like i said not seen one at the front of a roof before
Thanks given by:
expected delivery is tomorrow so as soon as it's here i will get a pic up, it's coming in black (was that or white) if it looks good then i will spray it the same colour as the car!
Thanks given by:
As promised... unfortunately where the aerial sit on the pug, its right on the curve of the roof and im not prepared to start drilling the roof for a £10 item!

If it followed the curve i think it would look alright and yes im aware its backwards... i thiught it looked better than the otherway round!

If anyone wants the fin for another car by all means its up for grabs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need a new aerial for DAB radio? DonGonzo 1 1,138 15-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head unit radio reception (Phase 3) DeeTurbo 39 13,747 01-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: dyo
  Radio reception tuttyboy84 20 3,147 17-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: tuttyboy84