Me fooby and curt road trip to Cornwall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me fooby and curt road trip to Cornwall
Right so this started out Wednesday eve, I get a text from curt saying to check the forum as there is a 3door moonstone breaking, some of you may know I broke my door. So a couple of pm's and it's mine. Just need to get it, stupidly I mentioned the word roadtrip to fooby, and in true road trip fashion it had to be done immediately. So we planned to be up at 8.30 and leave. Slight issue on leaving, fooby get called to do a meeting a 9.40 which started at 9.50. So sat in my loung for an hour and then we set off.

Then stopped at foobys for monster energy!!!! Epic amount of banter on the way, and as we are nearing Cornwall I said to fooby to ditch the car in an escape lane, he said no, I told him it would be very funny. So he gives in, bins it in the gravel, laughed abit as cars went past us, then went to drive out. The whole front end of the car dips, and the car is about 40cm deep in gravel. So me and curt get out and alot of laughter began, car has lost half the wheels under gravel, so we have to push it out as everytime fooby moves it gets deeper. Haha. So it out. We begin the rest of the drive to st Austell, half a ton of gravel falling of the car, and the remainder of a ton jammed in between disk pads etc, the car is squealing, grinding and sounds like its dying. A very panicked fooby and me and curt almost crying with laughter. Didn't stop squealing till we arrived at the travel lodge. So we get out, unload the stuff, and fooby has to have another meeting with ze Germans. Then off to collect the door! While foobys busy me and curt went to the bar Wink

Right off to pick up the door, at this point we still have no idea if it will fit in the car, got there. It fitted. But only just. Anyway that done now to go see Darren.

Get to Darren's place, see a million turbos, and an insane amount of engine parts.

Then back to the hotel, decided its a good idea to go to bed early, then fooby decides to go under the sofa bed. Got stuck and couldn't get out, alot of general assault with pillows, turning the lights off when ever anyone went for a piss and a very short night sleep. 4am we were up, I had work at 8. I slept most of the way back, arrived at work at 7.30 so half hour to spare. Epic two days and there will be lots of pictures to follow
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
sometimes the unplanned trips are the best sounds like it was a laugh
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was bloody epic!
Thanks given by:
sounds it wish i could afford to do things like that will just have to make do with the 4 mile drive to work every day around these excellent country roads which im lucky are near my flat

Thanks given by:
Was good to see you even if it was just for an hour Smile

Didnt feel good though having 3 perv owners, turn up in a perv, to get parts, for a perv.....pffttt!

More coal certainly required on a re visit!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I would have some pieces off your car as well mate but you are like completley at the other end of the country from me lol would cost me an arm and a leg in fuel as much i would love driving the PUG down there wouldnt be worth it lol but mabye one day ill make it to 1 of the meets mabye when i win the lottery or summat

Thanks given by:
cool story bro!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hitchos Wrote:I would have some pieces off your car as well mate but you are like completley at the other end of the country from me lol would cost me an arm and a leg in fuel as much i would love driving the PUG down there wouldnt be worth it lol but mabye one day ill make it to 1 of the meets mabye when i win the lottery or summat

What bits do you want?

I'll be in Cornwall over February half term, so I could bring them up, then you'd only have to drive to Cumbria for them.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
wasnt expecting that lol, not to sure at the moment mate im having a cash flow proplem at the minute but will keep you in mind and thanks for the offer

Thanks given by:
No one takes pieces from Darren's car. As for the trip, there is a distinct lack of pics in this thread.
Thanks given by:
:angry-banghead:

Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:No one takes pieces from Darren's car. As for the trip, there is a distinct lack of pics in this thread.

I'm sure they will if he gives them his permission.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah we did mean buy pieces

Thanks given by:
Pictures will be uploaded when matt and curt put them up. I was driving so couldnt take pictures.

Curt got an awesome picture of a traffic cone...
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
We need pics of foobys car in the gravel unable to get out, iassume, due to inappropriate footwear.
Thanks given by:
Fooby getting stuck and needing to be laughed, i mean pushed out lol
Remind you of anything?
Lil bit of a mud related issue?
Thanks given by:
Fooby seems to have a habit of getting his cars stuck! If only he had decent footwear to be able to push them out!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Fooby seems to have a habit of getting his cars stuck! If only he had decent footwear to be able to push them out!
IKR

1 hayling island about 2 years ago? Decided he would drive on a stony beach.. needless to say he got about 2 feet before he dug a hole whilst spewingstones everywere
Also fooby... ford ka? Vauxhall tigra?

2 curts place only a few weeks ago. Seeing a field and thinking he can dohnut.. not quite and had to be rescued by curt
Video here.. http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... 160831.mp4
Also fooby... dont forget to trap your hair in the window as you do it up LOL

3 Now this haha
Also fooby... not learning yet?

Haha
Thanks given by:
Sounds quality! Hows the new door?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
New door is awesome. Going fit it today, got it from teknix hes breaking the whole car at the moment. I'm very tempted by other parts but have no monies Sad
Thanks given by:
That's a shame. If you come down this way again let me know. Would be good to see your car!
Thanks given by:
Just got the door fitted Smile looks alot better. Yeah I'm up for coming down again Smile prob when it's warmer though haha
Thanks given by:
Ye do it! I'm in Somerset do you have to go through here to get to Cornwall! Could arrange a mini meet!
Thanks given by:
Meh sommerset isn't that far, could be done Smile
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:No one takes pieces from Darren's car. As for the trip, there is a distinct lack of pics in this thread.

I do! Half my engine is Darren's old parts lol
Thanks given by:
LOL @ the fooby-fail, he's ruined that car in less than a year haha.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So anyway....PICS!!!
Nooowww
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Meh sommerset isn't that far, could be done Smile

Do it!!!
Thanks given by:
So when are we having this sommerset meet then? Better be somewherre nice!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim sort out some locations lol.

And poodle this is anothe of foobys hire cars, seat Ibiza, had 1,500 on the clocks, had a turbo(the size of my fist) and a supercharger. It's a 1.2 and he's only had it about a week haha. Now runs with a squeak haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Road trip! cully 50 7,501 21-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  UK Fun rally/ road trip is it worth it Adam-m-h 30 7,860 20-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Adam-m-h
  UK Road trip; what to do, where to visit? South to North ginge191 25 4,048 20-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam