Insurence scamming B********s

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurence scamming B********s
Right so i rang admiral yesterday to see what my renewal was, (was £1100 last year) this year they wanted £1700 and somthing, so as you can guess i told them where to stick, all of a suddedn it was £1500, Again shuv it,

So i said right cancel it, "ok thats done for you sir"

Now give me a quote with all my old details but as a new custumer .............£970

great that will do, so why the f*ck was it £1700 odd 10mins ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah what a bunch of w*nkers!!

All this is related to a multi car policy insuring the GTI&DT with all mods .

/Rantover

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 10:55 AM)puglove Wrote: Right so i rang admiral yesterday to see what my renewal was, (was £1100 last year) this year they wanted £1700 and somthing, so as you can guess i told them where to stick, all of a suddedn it was £1500, Again shuv it,

So i said right cancel it, "ok thats done for you sir"

Now give me a quote with all my old details but as a new custumer .............£970

great that will do, so why the f*ck was it £1700 odd 10mins ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah what a bunch of w*nkers!!

All this is related to a multi car policy insuring the GTI&DT with all mods .

/Rantover

You been wanting to get this out your system aint you.lol.
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
This is why I love sky, the quote they gave me was the best quote i could get straight out the box.
Thanks given by:
Wait...does anyone actually use the renewal price they're given? Confused

New customers get discount with most insurers anyway, I never renew mine, always get a new quote, even if its with the same place lol.
Thanks given by:
I did last year because it i couldnt be assed to look around and it was a reaonable price. But the thing is i go back with admiral because when your actually talked them down to thier best price no one els can touch it with. As its 2 cars both with mods. Closest i got was £1300 but with both on seperate policys..

Just dont see what they have to gain by giving you a rediculus price as a renewal.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 11:22 AM)puglove Wrote: I did last year because it i couldnt be assed to look around and it was a reaonable price. But the thing is i go back with admiral because when your actually talked them down to thier best price no one els can touch it with. As its 2 cars both with mods. Closest i got was £1300 but with both on seperate policys..

Just dont see what they have to gain by giving you a rediculus price as a renewal.

Answered your own question I think, they know people cant be arsed to check for prices so use that to thier advantage....
Thanks given by:
Because there rewarding their loyal... Oh wait..
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 11:28 AM)Just Sean Wrote: Because they're rewarding their new customers...

Edited for you Sean....
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Thanks. I always get confused at customer service
Thanks given by:
Lol Sean
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yes admiral are a bunch of scammers

Me and the wife have a multicar policy, the renewal for the 406 v6 and alfa came in at £1200

Phoned them up it came down by £100 or so but still wasn't that good.

I was the main policy holder, full no claims, no points .married etc
We went online and middle a quote with all the same details but with the wife as policy holder and be as second and the price came down to £800 a quick phone call later and they had matched the online price!!!
Thanks given by:
My quote from admiral was cheaper but i still cancelled my policy and went with flux.

Can somebody please confirm my thoughts on car insurance?

It was £1000 fully comp with admiral with the car valued at £1000. £500 excess so if i crash i pay £500 and get £1000 back so Im +£500 but ive ost my car.

Its £800 with adrian flux TPFT and its £500 excess. So... I pay £500 if im in a crash. I dont get a pay out for the car. but i do get to keep it and ive saved £200 in the first place.

So either fully comp i am £300 better off and i lose my car. Or third party im £500 down (if crash is my fault) but i get to keep my car.

Does that make sense?
Thanks given by:
I understand your reasoning there, but not sure the final result makes much sense. If admiral are cheaper why not go tpft with them...? 90% of the time you can buy the car back at scrap value anyway, either from the insurers or through the scrappy they deal with. Also, if you do crash and it's your fault, are you going to be able to afford to pay out £500 AND the cost of fixing your car/buying a new one?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You won't always get to keep the car and if you do they normaly charge you a fee for it which is taken from the settlement figure.

The excess isn't on top of the settlement t it's included in it,

So you crash, they agree to pay you £800 for the car, you will actually only recieve £300 as your excess is deducted from it.

As for the £1000 value is that what you have agreed via a proper backed valuation or just what you said ??
As if its the later they rarely pay out that figure
Thanks given by:
Its all a con anyway, the chances of them paying out are small. And if its your fault you probably woudnt claim anyway (I certainly wouldnt!) as it raises next years premium. Way I see it I'm paying hundreds of pounds a year for something I'll never get the benifit of....thieving bastards.
Thanks given by:
You might not claim, but the person you've hit will. That's why insurance is there, the main reason to make sure other parties don't lose out. Fully comp is always an added bonus, but by the time you've paid your excess you're left with f*ck all back from these.

And if there's any dispute over the value of a car, insurers will always go with either Glass' Guide or private market value, whichever is the lower of the two. By law you are entitled to the value of the car in the event of a write off so if they offer a lower figure than Glass' guide, dispute it. If they offer you book figures it's up to you to prove it was worth more than current market value...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On the phone Adrian flux came up with the value of 1200 for the car! Also the reason why i chose Adrian flux over admiral was that admiral wouldnt insure me for FMIC and a remap where as flux would insure me for unlimited mods up to a certain power.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 05:24 PM)SRowell Wrote: On the phone Adrian flux came up with the value of 1200 for the car! Also the reason why i chose Adrian flux over admiral was that admiral wouldnt insure me for FMIC and a remap where as flux would insure me for unlimited mods up to a certain power.

But I bet if you claim they won't payout any where near that figure.

Also unless you have a like for line policy they will only repair the car to a standard condition
Thanks given by:
Im with elephant now and i looked on gocompare just for kicks and elephant came back as the top result at half what i currently pay... Phoned them up and spoke to some twat that said sorry sir but i cant off that discount, but you can on the internet? I personally hate insurance, but it may come in handy one day.

Staff edit: Try and hold the racist remarks!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 05:38 PM)Tom Wrote: Im with elephant now and i looked on gocompare just for kicks and elephant came back as the top result at half what i currently pay... Phoned them up and spoke to some twat that said sorry sir but i cant off that discount, but you can on the internet? I personally hate insurance, but it may come in handy one day.

Staff edit: Try and hold the racist remarks!

Well seeing as its elephant, which are admiral in discise which are based in Cardiff... I could get what was edited Smile.

I've always been with admiral, their renewal was always a high price but after searching on go compare admiral beat the renewal. Then I go to admiral website start a new quote and they beat it again. Then I try elephant with a new quote and they beat it. So I rang admiral with the price elephant gave me... Which of course is admiral, well guess what of course admiral can beat elephant quote Smile.
Ended up with a saving of £500 bingo!

But I couldn't afford to pay in one go this year so I needed to pay monthly... Well guess what!!! £500 interest! So all that saving for nothing. But no other company would come any where near!

Checked on go compare for march my renewal. £71 a month 2litre hdi, 21, 3 years ncb, step mum, mum, mrs learner.
Don't know why but other people younger can always seem to find better than me.
Before you say it's my mrs she only cost £5 extra to put on. :/.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm with admiral, 22 4 year n/c (be 5 in April) fully comp £738 mods declared.. But I do ermm know someone who works there lol
Thanks given by:
Admiral have always been really good to me! When i first bought the 6, i was 9 months into a policy and for the remaining 3 months, they almost doubled my premium over the 1.8 so i was expecting it to go even higher when i got the renewal and was already considering selling up. When i got the premium, i was shocked at how cheap it was just because i had an extra years NCB. Hopefully this July, ill be able to go to someone like flux or brentacre and get it even cheaper!

Odd thing is, they charge me 900 a year at the moment all mods declared with full business cover and FC, yet for a 106 gti (considered it. about as fast as a 6 but still easily do 45mpg) they wanted about 1500. work that one out?!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Do what we do with the insurance - stick the lump sum on a "0% on purchases for twelve months" credit card, then set up a monthly direct debit set to finish paying it off before the deadline. Boosts your credit rating too.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 07:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Do what we do with the insurance - stick the lump sum on a "0% on purchases for twelve months" credit card, then set up a monthly direct debit set to finish paying it off before the deadline. Boosts your credit rating too.

ill be doing that this year!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 11:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Wait...does anyone actually use the renewal price they're given? Confused

New customers get discount with most insurers anyway, I never renew mine, always get a new quote, even if its with the same place lol.

i have tom after i check what other quotes i get offered, kriss knott i was insured with at the time no one could beat it. when i insured the metro with brentacre , and that went up a year later, flux gave me a quote 100 quid cheeper, but couldnt do nothing for my 306, they wanted nearly 250 quid more than kriss knott. anyway isaid to brentacre, rather than loose me as a customer. have a go for me with the 306. they beat my renew for Kriss knott and blew away the quote for flux.
if i can i will pay my insurance off out right too, one less thing to worry about.
also brentacre are great for mirroring no claims too for a second car too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car insurence after non fault crash! P-Courty 10 2,129 14-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: P-Courty