Think I might cut my ear off?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I might cut my ear off?
Started Sunday morning. Wakes up. WTF, excrutiating pain in my right ear'ole.

Man up methinks. It'll go away.

It did, well, it subsided. Had a BBQ Sunday afternoon and was fine. Went to go to sleep on it and -
F*CK SH*T OUCH that hurts, really sensitive. I uses some Otrex drops but I don't reckon it's actually blocked. Nothing changes.

Wake up Monday. Still in lots of pain. Goes to work anyway ( <insert "Like a Bawse"> ) and still carry the same mantra of 'manning up'. Promises me girlfriend I'll go to the Docs on Tuesday if it hasn't gone away.

Tuesday comes. Pain has subsided, a lot. I'm fixed, 'manning up' has worked a charm.

This morning.

Argh FECKING NORA the pain!

I guess what I'm asking is whether to use a junior hacksaw or a Dremel in this instance? I'm guessing the dremel will be easier and quicker but could be more awkward to hold at the correct angle.

Yes, I'm going to the doctors this afternoon I think.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
There's a lesson in this kids. If something hurts for no reason, see a doctor Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
You haven't manned up enough, the manly way is to ignore it until it either goes away, or falls off. Seems to work for me anyway.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 08:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You haven't manned up enough, the manly way is to ignore it until it either goes away, or falls off. Seems to work for me anyway.

The manly way works for you does it Tom? lol
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 08:41 AM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 08:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You haven't manned up enough, the manly way is to ignore it until it either goes away, or falls off. Seems to work for me anyway.

The manly way works for you does it Tom? lol

lol Oh dear!
Thanks given by:
I think that its karma for being such a miserable moaning arse and for owning a shitbox focus.............. maybe if you lighten the f*ck up and buy a decent car then the pain will go away?!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Soapbox.
Thanks given by:
Sounds stupid but have you got a spot on your ear? I had once and it fuvking killed!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
That's what I'm wondering Matt, but I have had that before and this pain is different somehow. It hurts when I move my jaw or tense my neck and it comes and goes? Plus there's nothing visibly wrong with it.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem most of the time! Due to having massive flesh tunnels in my ears when I sleep funny on them my ear hurts. Move jar/turning head causing serious amounts of pain. But doubt that's your problem lol
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 08:55 AM)mark_airey Wrote: I think that its karma for being such a miserable moaning arse and for owning a shitbox focus.............. maybe if you lighten the f*ck up and buy a decent car then the pain will go away?!

lmao

Repped!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Any problems with your hearing/balance?

Any discharge from ear? Redness? Swelling?

Have you had a cold recently/feeling unwell?
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
No loss of hearing. No effect on my balance and nothing visibly wrong with me at all.

I did recently have a sore throat which I thought was the beginnings of a cold, but it has now gone away...

Going docs this afternoon. Place your bets, reckon it's just me being a big girl about a spot that I can't actually see?!
Thanks given by:
Aids.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
fuckin spiders cully. thats sick. i like it lol.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
be they way you have been lieing in bed.
Thanks given by:
i get it when ive been wearing in hear ear phones.

put a couple of drops of veg oil in your ear then plug it with cotton wool.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 02:13 PM)kingy Wrote: i get it when ive been wearing in hear ear phones.

Not sure of he's running Bosch though.......
Thanks given by:
didnt think of it like that lol.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 02:13 PM)kingy Wrote: i get it when ive been wearing in hear ear phones.

But what if he has Lucas ears?
Thanks given by:
Liam, I think matts already covered that...
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 03:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Liam, I think matts already covered that...

I don't care, it's funny.
Thanks given by:
Maybe your ear has gone rusty like your Ford.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 07:18 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Maybe your ear has gone rusty like your Ford.

inner ear infection ???

i had one about 10 years ago, was too busy in work to go the doctors as we had staff shortages........i eventually went deaf in both ears before i took time off work, its left me with tinnitus and hearing is shite now....

if it hurts, go the doctors and stop being a hero. !

i learnt that employers dont give a shit about anybody as long as the jobs being done, and they will play on individuals sense of "teamwork" to get you to stay and do the work..................even when it has permanently damaged my hearing.
Thanks given by:
Might sound silly but possibly an absess? If it's spelt like that.... Can affect most of your head and head parts uite badly if it's not sorted! Get well soon though! Ohh check for any swelling of your face!
Thanks given by:
Don't know what the problem is, but maybe you should write a strongly worded letter to your brain asking it to stop the pain as it was its nerves that told you your ear hurts and had it not been for your nervous system you wouldn't be considering cutting your ear off?

/autoglassrepair,autocutmyearofftospitemyface
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 09:47 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Don't know what the problem is, but maybe you should write a strongly worded letter to your brain asking it to stop the pain as it was its nerves that told you your ear hurts and had it not been for your nervous system you wouldn't be considering cutting your ear off?

/autoglassrepair,autocutmyearofftospitemyface

lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 07:52 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: inner ear infection ???

Bingo!

I has an ear infection. Probably brought on by having baths recently after moving out instead of having showers. Bummer.

On Anti-B's now, but they make me feel a bit sick? It was the drugs or the ear drops and my doctor said these would be better for me.

I just want it to clear up before next Wednesday as the mrs wants to go swimming...
Thanks given by:
daddyfixit M.D ..........
Thanks given by: