Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
Spot the difference?
Seized fairly solid.
Not risking pulling the arms and having bearings fall apart today.
Least it didn't rain too much :/
Anyone recommend a good refurb kit, might aswell drop the beam and give it the once over.
Noticed both brake flexis need doing too which is an arse under the car.
Posts: 8,423
Threads: 171
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
46
Location: Portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: Black 3dr Dturbo
Erm nope? I see no differences but from what you've written I guess you've had a go at torsion bars?
Posts: 777
Threads: 94
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
0
Any pictures of the whole car? I agree with 4way no difference?
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
4WayDiablo Wrote:Erm nope? I see no differences but from what you've written I guess you've had a go at torsion bars?
yup the comedy seized torsion bars, back where I started, but at least its driveable
Posts: 6,482
Threads: 226
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
24
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: A3 TDi
Its the same picture lol so no differences at all
Doesnt even own a 306.
Posts: 2,560
Threads: 87
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
31
How hard is it to get the joke people?  Bad luck with the torsion bars dude, had the same happen to me twice now lol.
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
errrgh same with an attempt to swap out the front struts and lower, edit title to "wasted best part of a day"
should be such an easy job, but this car seems to be fighting me today.
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
That's exact same picture?
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
Fucks sake, read the thread matt!
Posts: 6,482
Threads: 226
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
24
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: A3 TDi
I think matts getting at the same thing as me where the pictures are labelled before and after but they're exactly the same picture
Doesnt even own a 306.
Posts: 2,560
Threads: 87
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
31
Yes they are the same photo, and the point being made there is that he spent hours working on it and didn't manage to change a thing :roll:
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
tomw1123 Wrote:I think matts getting at the same thing as me where the pictures are labelled before and after but they're exactly the same picture 
Exactly this, I at least thought it was going to be before, well one way, and after wheel a different way.
I understand he couldn't work on it as it was seized but I spent about 5mins feeling like I was playing an impossible game of spot the difference
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 2,560
Threads: 87
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
31
That Matt, is because you are a bit dense
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Dan! Wrote:That Matt, is because you are a bit dense 
You wait till FCS.....
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
Matt Wrote:tomw1123 Wrote:I think matts getting at the same thing as me where the pictures are labelled before and after but they're exactly the same picture 
Exactly this, I at least thought it was going to be before, well one way, and after wheel a different way.
I understand he couldn't work on it as it was seized but I spent about 5mins feeling like I was playing an impossible game of spot the difference 
soz for the confusion, and in all fairness I did resist replying to look a bit harder for the subtle differences.
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
tomw1123 Wrote:I think matts getting at the same thing as me where the pictures are labelled before and after but they're exactly the same picture 
I got that, thanks lol. I was getting at what Dan said.
Posts: 777
Threads: 94
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
0
So any pictures of the volcane? I love them
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
Bananalad Wrote:So any pictures of the volcane? I love them 
i'll set up a project thread as soon as I manage to get anything done to it, so far I have some nice pics of seized torsion bar ends
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
This rear beam can get bent
Had another go at lowering, and bashed the crap out of the arms to no avail, didn't budge a mm
but then I heard jacked up rears are the new 'in', so all good ... :/ :cry:
|