Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Photo 
Hi, I'm Ben, a long time owner of a 1998 PEUGEOT 306 Cabriolet 2.0L 16V 5MT,  I bought it new back in 1999!
Weirdly, I didn't think Huh  to join the forum until today.

I guess one of the reasons may be that the car has been running so well for the last 20+ years.
It was garaged until 2011, which kept it in good shape, but since then I've had to park it on the side of the road and the poor roof has taken on moss and lichen, and the body has got a couple of dinks from drive-by parking.

It's sort of sad / funny - when I bought the car, (my first and only new car) I felt a bit cheated that the engine was 2cm3 shy of the two litres it was advertised as!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
welcome to the group! Havent seen an astor cabriolet recently. Hope youre enjoying it Smile
Thanks given by:
Love any 306 in the Astor Grey. Not many 306's in their original ownership either. I'm sure a light scrub n careful use of a jetwash would clean up the roof. Have you got any plans for it?
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2020, 08:57 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: Love any 306 in the Astor Grey. Not many 306's in their original ownership either. I'm sure a light scrub n careful use of a jetwash would clean up the roof. Have you got any plans for it?

Hi - yes, the colour is great - a jetwash does help, but it’s all getting a bit fragile, and the rubber seals are  pretty flimsy around the doors.

I have loved this car. I didn’t use it much - it’s got about 65k on the clock, and there’s some electrical issues, and it is ageing!!

The big problem I have is that I cannot keep it, but I want it to go to a good home.  The reason I cannot keep it is because the London ULEZ will cost too much for me to make it worthwhile. 

I know I’m not allowed to do a ‘for sale’ for a hundred posts or so - and I didn’t come here just to sell it though... I just thought it would be nice to meet fellow appreciators so that maybe someone can relate to the heartache.. (I may just be weird?!)

(17-05-2020, 06:42 PM)Eeyore Wrote: welcome to the group! Havent seen an astor cabriolet recently. Hope youre enjoying it Smile

Hi thanks yeah!  As I said, I’m going through a bit of a struggle about letting go, but it’s got to happen sooner or later...
.. here's some more photos...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Sorry you don't feel able to keep the car. Fixing cars isn't everyone's thing. I think Eeyore took off the 100 post limit off a while ago. We don't have huge numbers on here now & it would take an age for a new member to reach 100 posts.

Tbh, I'm not sure advertising on here would get a huge response. No harm in trying tho. Also there are some 306 Facebook groups. (306oc.co.uk is the sister to this site).  Deffo also advertise on the other big car sales websites when the time comes.
Thanks given by: MrBen
(19-05-2020, 08:05 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Sorry you don't feel able to keep the car. Fixing cars isn't everyone's thing. I think Eeyore took off the 100 post limit off a while ago. We don't have huge numbers on here now & it would take an age for a new member to reach 100 posts.

Tbh, I'm not sure advertising on here would get a huge response. No harm in trying tho. Also there are some 306 Facebook groups. (306oc.co.uk is the sister to this site).  Deffo also advertise on the other big car sales websites when the time comes.

Hi there Mighty, and nice to meet you. Great to know that the limit is off.  
As you say, fixing cars isn't everyone's thing - and much that I like to tinker around with engineering, my stuff tends to be software, or electronics - anything bigger than my thumb is huge!

Thank-you also for your advice on selling.  I have to say, the reason is pretty much to do with the London ULEZ - which already prevents me from driving into the centre of town without paying £12.50/day for the privilege. But also, while the car is in incredibly good shape for an S reg, it's getting long in the tooth..
Thanks given by: