Silicone Hoses or OEM Replacements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silicone Hoses or OEM Replacements
So got a couple leaks I need to sort (one from the mess that is the t piece that floats around above the gear box and another from the bottom radiator hose mines got the metal thingy with the o-ring type connector)

Is it worth going full silicone hoses or just stick with oem replacements?

I was going to go silicone mainly because it looks cleaner are there any down sides to using silicone over oem replacements? Will I find a silicone lower radiator hose with the right connector for my car?
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
I think youll find it a struggle to find a silicon hose that fits the lower radiator fitting. I havent heard of it being done before and I know the parts are now hard to find. If you dont have to replace it I wouldnt!
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2019, 12:09 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I think youll find it a struggle to find a silicon hose that fits the lower radiator fitting. I havent heard of it being done before and I know the parts are now hard to find. If you dont have to replace it I wouldnt!

I was looking at the bakerbm set which I thought came with the adapter but it looks like it's just the thermostat housing adapter so I'm not sure

Thing is both the lower hose and the hose to the thermostat have leaked and they're only going to get worse rather than better so I'm not sure what my best bet is?

Maybe just get on the hunt for the oem/ pattern part stuff and monitor it in the mean time
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
To add to this the bakerbm kit comes with a thermostat adapter and a later type adapter for the lower radiator hose (just rang them doesn't say so on their website)

I'll probably end up going for this as all the hoses are one piece no funky t pieces and it'll massively tidy up the engine bay
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
if the metal fitting is still good then get a new seal from a dealer, if its not then buy a bottom hose, they arent that expenaive and come with a new seal anyway.

its lasted 20-25 years by now so £25 or so for another hoae aint bad!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2019, 11:47 PM)welshpug Wrote: if the metal fitting is still good then get a new seal from a dealer, if its not then buy a bottom hose, they arent that expenaive and come with a new seal anyway.

its lasted 20-25 years by now so £25 or so for another hoae aint bad!

That's not a bad shout either

Definitely a better idea financially
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
Thanks given by:
Lower later hose is no longer available. I am looking to swap the rad in new year and have been looking at the Baker BM kit. It is a bit cheaper on Pug 1 Off for the same Kit due to lower postage costs. This does come with 2 billet adaptors just requires new seals from Peugeot.

I believe the seal part number is 1343 Z4
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel tank elbow - silicone alternative? Dangti6 0 1,097 04-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Dangti6
Question silicone hose kits Lankie91 7 2,154 31-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR