proctas moonstone HDi,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proctas moonstone HDi,
well I did a repair today, cleaned off this bastard!

[Image: 20140327161229_zpsdefb0380-1.jpg]

bonded a patch in and sealed the bastard!

[Image: 20140726213530_zpsd8f9a760-1.jpg]

going to paint it tomorrow, if the weather holds up.
Thanks given by:
today while the weather was nice, I decided to give the inner arch a paint.
[Image: 20140727203315_zps59d2f2ba-1.jpg]

looks miles better now! just going to let that dry, and make a start on the driver side, then we are going to make a start on the rear,
also I have finished stock piling the parts,
I have an oil filter, bottom arms and track rod ends coming in the post,
so hopefully I will have my 306 back again Big GrinD
Thanks given by:
Shock horror for you lads, Proctas had a play with his 306! instead of the metro!
Anyway, been a while since this was updated, I had the wheel bearing changed and all is well, but I am thinking on binning the rose jointed droplinks as the nut keeps coming loose ( the one that locks them) My mot tester didn't rate them either, as twice he has tightend them, and I have done so too! So I am thinking on fitting either oem ones back on or Gti ones if they are different.
Anyway when I spent a little bit of cash on the rover metro, ( bought some valves for suspention) I bought a set for the 306 too, so put those on just for the crack,
[Image: 2014-09-26135629_zps66e38ba0.jpg]
[Image: 2014-09-26135914_zpsc41fa596.jpg]
Also one night I was driving back, I was going through seahams coast road, so the full beam is needed, put the full beam on and only one light came on!
After Toms306 mentioned night breakers, so I took his advice and bought some.
bought two packs,
[Image: 2014-11-07153636_zps03681f88.jpg]

car with the old lights ( not even a year old!)
[Image: 2014-11-07153650_zps50c2b6dd.jpg]
full beam
[Image: 2014-11-07153707_zps4b032537.jpg]

swopped them over with the new ones
[Image: 2014-11-07155317_zps849176d6.jpg]

full beam

[Image: 2014-11-07155335_zps84c22cc8.jpg]
Also I maybe selling these too, and reverting them back to the old ones,
[Image: 2014-07-03203954_zpse5272f08.jpg]
with me been a short arse, and these been shorter than the original ones, these are doing nothing for me at all sadly with the sun.
Thanks given by:
Well been a while since this was updated, As I don't really play with the 306, as she is a daily runner,
She has just flew through her mot again! Makes me smile as I have bagged a good on here!
but as soon as the rover metro is moted, ( see what budget I have left)
I am binning the Rose joint drop links, they are not worth the money or the f*ck on, as they have just become an advisories on the 306.
the car has done frigg all miles with these on and the dust covers have gone west already! Not to mention one has started to have slight play too!
I have decided not to f*ck about tuning this car, as I have seem to have just put money in the bin sadly on stuff, only a spit full of things I have put on this, have been worth the money.
I am just going to maintain it as she is, and treat her to a decent exhaust ( if I can get hold of one)
Mine doesn't seem to like to be modified at all, Which is a shame.
Thanks given by:
give her bit some loving,
changed my ugly wheel bolt covers,
[Image: 2015-03-19%2014.26.33_zpsvvqto8qn.jpg]

to these

[Image: 2015-03-19%2014.28.27_zpsxmdkjvta.jpg]

re fitted new engine cover pins or what ever you call them, with the caps

[Image: 2015-03-19%2014.13.13_zpsozmwzqif.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Been a long time since I have posted on this, she is still alive, her rear adjusters are acting the goat, one has seized! which caused one of the hand brake cables to fail.
I also may have a replacement exhaust on the cards. just have to wait on that on too!
So at the min, the egg beater is stand in car.
Thanks given by:
well I haven't sorted the problem out, we are half way through, I have replaced the rear calliper and i have found that i was sold a cable for a rear drum model! So the car is still in bits FFS! just want to get this back up and running again!
Thanks given by:
well today has been a special one! not often I get the chance to have a play with her, but here we go!
Since 2007 she has not put a foot wrong and I am very, very great full for that! As she has been one cracking car!
So a few weeks ago, procta here decided to spend some cash on her, and bought kezzieboys stainless steel exhaust off him.
The exhaust mind I had on I think was finished! So while the weather was nice, and I had sorted a couple of things with the metro, I decided f*ck IT, lets crack on!
Now for some reason the car was a little flat sadly, but now I think I know why.
my replacement system.
[Image: 2015-08-03%2017.06.19_zpscw2qarpj.jpg]
[Image: 2015-08-03%2017.06.25_zpsmxbqzges.jpg]
the old back box.
[Image: 2015-08-03%2017.06.51_zpst4lu8fqs.jpg]
a two hours later, and boom!
[Image: 2015-08-03%2018.41.49_zpsjumafgna.jpg]
took her for a test drive and I tell you what!! its a totally different car! seems to be about 5 to 10% more quicker?
f*cking one hell of an upgrade, and she sounds well sweet! In fact better than metro! 

one myth I am going to put to bed now! some people years ago said that the decat from a Dturbo wont fit a HDI etc, well they do!  I tell you how I know that? as  here is one that I got adapted to f*cking fit! all that was done to it, was the HDI Cat collar from the turbo end, cut off and welded on to this! and that was it plug and fuckin play!  
[Image: 2015-08-03%2019.41.31_zps2xl7lx12.jpg]
well  looks like the back box has had it now!

[Image: 2015-08-03%2019.41.06_zpsn9jm2wu2.jpg]
[Image: 2015-08-03%2019.41.23_zpsgiie8c4o.jpg]

if that's not blown I don't know what is!
Thanks given by:
A strap holding on hangars that should be welded on, which itself has snapped and been welded.

lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 08:10 PM)RetroPug Wrote: A strap holding on hangars that should be welded on, which itself has snapped and been welded.

lmao

I know! its been well bodged, not by me mind!
Thanks given by:
Glad to have been of assistance buddy, hope it sounds as sweet as mine did!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 10:04 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Glad to have been of assistance buddy, hope it sounds as sweet as mine did!

I tell you what, it seems to pull a lot better than it did before!
Thanks given by:
So the xud decat doesn't fit a hdi, you have to modify it to make it fit. Therefore it's not a myth lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: 1616six
(04-08-2015, 06:30 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: So the xud decat doesn't fit a hdi, you have to modify it to make it fit. Therefore it's not a myth lmao

from what I read years ago, people said it wouldn't line up.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2015, 12:49 PM)procta Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 06:30 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: So the xud decat doesn't fit a hdi, you have to modify it to make it fit. Therefore it's not a myth lmao

And it didn't, hence you having to have the flange cut off and the XUD one welded on?
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2015, 01:03 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 12:49 PM)procta Wrote:

And it didn't, hence you having to have the flange cut off and the XUD one welded on?

even then with flange been added on, there was talk about it not fitting. this is going back a fare few years ago mind. As that's been on the car for christ knows how long.
Thanks given by:
XUD and HDI downpipe are different HDI has a kink in it
Thanks given by:
As above, it'll do the job, but it won't hang right, as long as you're happy with it though.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok, been a while again since I updated on the car, I have toyed with the idea of moving on from the 306 and coming off here, to go to the 406 side of things. As my dad owned one of those years ago, and with me doing motorway miles, and having the budget to change cars. I have talked to my mum about passing it on to her to keep it in the family, if my dad loses the works van, as she will need a car to go backwards and forwards to work, we will have to wait and see on that one.
Anyway, I have a few things on order for this, as I don't think its going to go through an mot this year. A few things have started to be a little trouble some. Got a knock from the driver side drive shaft and the front brake on the driver side isn't working well as it should. Also the suspensions never been right or felt right since we changed it when I got the car, As I don't think the motor factors gave me the correct dampers for this car, as they did gave me the wrong ones for the rear! So I am looking at that too. Also new tyres and wheels, ( more on that at a later date)
Thanks given by:
Right ok, seeing that there is f*ck all interest in procta's 306, looking at the last post was me.
time for an update,
I have since fitted B4 suspension all round new wheels and tyres around, ( which i am not a fan of) that was due to the fact no fucker local can balance cyclones now so it could be a trip and a half Angry if i can find a place that will do them with out getting out of the job.
A few things need to be sorted Ie droplinks and a good clean underneath, also a few things need to be sorted out IE a speedo sensor and wash jet ( rear system is dead)  But back on Various trims. ( i have been meaning to sort that out, when i was going to pull it off the road) But with the metro been a bastard i couldnt spend the time Angry
Now since its a second car now, i am hoping i can do those jobs and give it the love it really needs, I do really OWE  this car big time, We have been together 10 years now coming up, and she has not put a foot wrong at all practically.
So i have retired her from motor way mileage use, as she is far too good for that!  Hence the Landy replacement as the daily.
The metro or this was going to go anyway, but after thinking one day and smashed the two cars together, this one really was the best car to keep, and was really a highly trusted car.  So thought f*ck it i will bin off the metro, and i know some people bar about how bad defenders are, but they do go for fun like these. So i did end up with best of both worlds.
Thanks given by:
Good lad. You must of done some miles in this now. Are you going to modify it or just clean it up?
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2016, 09:51 AM)tim 306td Wrote: Good lad. You must of done some miles in this now. Are you going to modify it or just clean it up?

we are now close to 100k, i am going to clean her up now. Never really looked at modifying the car, as its fine standard. I did toy with the idea of remapping but never really pushed the idea. All her electrics still work mind and her interior is spot on still, I did repair the passenger seat handle, seeing that i messaged a someone on here who owns or works at a breakers yard, and never bothered their arse to get back to me.
I could be one of the longest lads now that have kept the same car, but don't hold me to that one. Be 12 years coming up now since i have been with the 306 side. A lot of faces have come and gone too in that time too.
Thanks given by:
if i realised it was the 306 or the metro that had to go then im glad the metro went Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've been around for about 10 years but don't post much. I've had about 12 306s now I wish I could stick with the same car haha. Get some more pics up of the car
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2016, 04:41 PM)Eeyore Wrote: if i realised it was the 306 or the metro that had to go then im glad the metro went Tongue
If i got shot of the 306 and kept the metro, that would have caused a right old out cry on here Tongue
(31-12-2016, 04:46 PM)tim 306td Wrote: I've been around for about 10 years but don't post much. I've had about 12 306s now I wish I could stick with the same car haha. Get some more pics up of the car

reason i keep a car for the length of time, is that if it does not owe me anything why get shot, The metro project was just a fast classic car project, which just got silly expensive for what it was worth really in the end. Yeah it was a fun car, but if i knew what a tuned HDI 306 was like, before i got the metro gta, I would not have bothered my arse with metros again after the 1st one. I havent really got any recent ones bar one with the D.
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2016, 03:52 PM)procta Wrote: I did repair the passenger seat handle, seeing that i messaged a someone on here who owns or works at a breakers yard, and never bothered their arse to get back to me.

Not one to start an argument but that is utter tosh! it was me you messaged and looking back at my pm's i replied to you the next day to say i had nothing in stock. 

I may only run a breakers yard but i take a great deal of pride in my customer service levels and always go above & beyond for forum members if i possibly can.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2017, 02:32 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(31-12-2016, 03:52 PM)procta Wrote: I did repair the passenger seat handle, seeing that i messaged a someone on here who owns or works at a breakers yard, and never bothered their arse to get back to me.

Not one to start an argument but that is utter tosh! it was me you messaged and looking back at my pm's i replied to you the next day to say i had nothing in stock. 

I may only run a breakers yard but i take a great deal of pride in my customer service levels and always go above & beyond for forum members if i possibly can.

Never come through at my end, but anyway we are looking at 2 years plus now, so moving on. Northing has changed with the car, bar the car having 405 wheels on with a shite paint job. I still need to find a tyre place that will balance the cyclones so that i can refit the original wheels back on the car. I hate having after market wheels on! She has flown through her Mot and we are about 2k from hitting the 100k marker! She does need some attention the pass side rear arch, as that's starting to bubble now. But its funds i don't have at all sadly, I have even had to watch my spending on the defender too, the over time this year has been very little sadly, compared to last year. The budget i threw at the metro,( which some one saved and its now on the road again, ended up going for 200 quid on a salvage) 

I could have done with that this year for this car, just to sort out the paint work. I am hoping to have the injector hiss sorted at some point, and maybe look at a new radio for the two.
Thanks given by:
so what was wrong with the metro in the end then?
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2017, 10:19 AM)td_dan Wrote: so what was wrong with the metro in the end then?

he started it in gear and lauched it into the side of his house i believe Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by: