205 - born again (still running)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 - born again (still running)
I really want a coolant temperature gauge and a rev gauge in the 205, but i purchased some off a guy on facebook but they mysteriously never showed up (i smell a rat)
After that i gave up and found out BX gauges are a the "same", a "direct fit" (we shall see). 
So I found myself some Citroen BX gauges, pretty god damn rare! 
they just showed up and all it's not quite what i expected... there is no coolant temp gauge but there is a oil temp and some other random symbols i dont even know what they mean atleast they have a rev gauge. they also came attached (as requested) with rather hideous amount of wires, many more than i expected! 

also first went to my first car show showing Smile 

Thanks given by:
Useless bit of info but...the turbo light (top right) comes on at 14psi.

Found that out on james's BX.
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2017, 10:15 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Useless bit of info but...the turbo light (top right) comes on at 14psi.

Found that out on james's BX.

Ahh interesting stuff, i wonder if it will do the same thing when i plug it in....
Thanks given by:
probably not unless you fit the pressure sensor and wiring as well...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
car was good on show. I dont know what it is about a 205 that isnt a gti... STYLE!
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2017, 11:42 AM)welshpug Wrote: probably not unless you fit the pressure sensor and wiring as well...

whoops, did i let it slip that i have no idea what im doing  Nospeak

(21-06-2017, 11:54 AM)Eeyore Wrote: car was good on show. I dont know what it is about a 205 that isnt a gti... STYLE!

will be even better next year, it will have rims and lows m9
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2017, 05:21 PM)Doseph Wrote:
(21-06-2017, 11:42 AM)welshpug Wrote: probably not unless you fit the pressure sensor and wiring as well...

(21-06-2017, 11:54 AM)Eeyore Wrote: car was good on show. I dont know what it is about a 205 that isnt a gti... STYLE!

lows or air?
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2017, 05:49 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(21-06-2017, 05:21 PM)Doseph Wrote:

lows or air?

Rims n Air
Thanks given by:
Fitted some bigger pepperpot wheels the other day. 
Already feels like it sticks to the ground a lot better. got some rain expert tyres as well so hopefully less squirty bottom moments in the wet

Thanks given by:
looks good. I think some white c5 steelies might look really good on this. Super light! Big Grin

Pulled well last night and the SEC boys were super impressed at how fast it flew by!
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2017, 04:27 PM)Eeyore Wrote: looks good. I think some white c5 steelies might look really good on this. Super light! Big Grin

Pulled well last night and the SEC boys were super impressed at how fast it flew by!

yeah that would be cool, i'll keep an eye out for some. maybe green to suit the stripe.

I pretty much had an eargasm when you overtook me  Rofl
Thanks given by:
So this is long overdue an update. Whats been happening man. I know youve been busy [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So my friend text me a picture of this car he spotted on his travels

little did i know 2 weeks later I would be picking it up that virtually rust free, but kind of green shell

the plan is to rebuild, swap everything over and in the process make it better, stronger faster. We have the technology.

I took both engines out on the subframe so i ididnt have to mess around with the different tu and xu subframes. 
forklifts are better than engine cranes Smile (this looks less stable than it was) 

next i striped the bay ready for painting 

then cleaned and wire brushed it. i covered everything in tin foil which is way easier than dicking around with tape and paper

I used some zinc rich primer on the worst btis for dat extra rust protection then 2 cans of can white stone chip which turned out not to quite be enough to cover the whole bay

wrapped up and tucked away from nasty lorries and dust in between coats

more to come soon
Thanks given by:
Just read the whole thread and this is an awesome project. Good find with the new shell - good opportunity to freshen up the engine bay. Do you think you'll end up fitting uprated suspension to match the new power?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2017, 07:09 PM)partybish Wrote: Just read the whole thread and this is an awesome project.  Good find with the new shell - good opportunity to freshen up the engine bay.  Do you think you'll end up fitting uprated suspension to match the new power?

thanks Big Grin  
and yeah i've got some 60mm springs which bash has sorted for me. once i finally got the buggers out that is
I'm not sure it will be much of a sleeper after this though...

Thanks given by:
Bay is painted, it's going to get dirty sooo fast

Thanks given by:
Question 
Bash came over togave me a hand the other day and did six things in the time it took me to do one
the car now has a blaaaaaack brake servo and new brake lines
inevitably i flared a pipe without a union on the other end  Rofl
only a few bits to go before the engine goes in!

Thanks given by:
I got some bits shotblasted at work, the top engine mount looks brand new Big Grin

the engine bay looks pretty smart now, i think 

also lifted the engine & subframe back in yesterday, it went pretty smoothly with the forklift.

checked the lows and it passed the test! ...it is reaaal low

swapped over the gearknob, fitted new gear linkages and plumbed a few things back in. 

Next step is starting her up which I need the help of bash to do
Thanks given by:
Ill be up there this week to het her running man dont worry Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
oh man youre making this look so easy! Good work! so happy that the mx5 didnt sway you to the dark side.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2017, 11:54 AM)Eeyore Wrote: oh man youre making this look so easy! Good work! so happy that the mx5 didnt sway you to the dark side.

ahaa ok the engine didnt exactly just slide in first time and there was this this one bolt for the subframe that took me probably 15 minutes to get in the hole

the mx5 im driving is nasty af, can't wait to be back in a proper french car!
Thanks given by:
Bash showed at the farm, got the engine started in 25 minutes (cheated) and wired up in an about an hour. 
and apparently this isn't all he's quick at!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2017, 08:04 PM)Doseph Wrote: Bash showed at the farm, got the engine started in 25 minutes (cheated) and wired up in an about an hour. 
and apparently this isn't all he's quick at!

It ran it 25 mins didnt it? just with a power probe on the stop solinoid. Glad this is getting there. almost ready for mot as well.
Thanks given by:
Wow great read from start to finish im now going to put my 205 thread up shortly

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
okay so sorting the wiring loom has been slow progress so far...

my connectors are too small and i dont have enough heavy gauge wire for the glow plug and fan circuits
I need to get a multimeter or a Bash so i can wire in the relays 
i should also probably find a fuse for the fan circuit?

Im also having trouble securing the fuel pipes under the car now there's twice as many and theyre 5x thicker

Im hoping to get this MOTd next weekend but feels like a lot still needs to happen for that!
I have no idea what im doing but im doing it anyway   Huh
Thanks given by:
Keep at it, bag of cable ties to keep wires back from rubbing on anything is helpful.

Keep the updates coming. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
ok so back to making progress again Smile

After trying in vain to wire up glow plugs and fans with left overs and no test equipment, i gave up and got some standard relays some wire and a pp1 test probe (What a great tool) I also borrowed some proper wire crimps, a mini gas heat gun and a few other bits and bobs.
I got everything tested wired up within a day after that.

I siphoned some (not red) diesel into the tank and filled er up with gearbox oil (95% went in)
coolant system in and a massive air lock possibly dealt with it was time to tackle bleeding the brakes which, long story short, i failed at. 

Screw it though, i hooked up the handbrake and went for a cruise around the yard. Being back behind the wheel of a 205 was fantastic. 

[Image: 5krS03o.jpg]sorry about the orientation
Thanks given by:
Cool man, this is really moving along. Bay looks so much better. I see Bash has left his mark!
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2017, 07:05 PM)partybish Wrote: Cool man, this is really moving along. Bay looks so much better. I see Bash has left his mark!

I built that pump way back when t was in his 405. Had a re seal cause of veg.
Thanks given by:
Love this still undecided on the engine for my 205, i was initially going for a 1.6 16v VTS as iv had a couple of xud ones but this just makes me want to do it again lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by: