Should we be concerned about our diesels
who cares
they still sell diesel feul!
they still Tax diesel fuel

if it were that bad they would ban it like Cannabis

Oh! wait........

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
the RHA will suffer the most, then indirectly, so will we. Sad

(17-04-2017, 03:53 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: dont worry, next year they will most likly be coming out with a new fad...... like they always do.......

they've already decided to sting the Toyota Pious type owners Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Lol if they ever get to a point of banning diesel sales, I will have to start growing my own fuel! Farm could turn into a fuel processing plant yet!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2017, 05:34 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Lol if they ever get to a point of banning diesel sales, I will have to start growing my own fuel! Farm could turn into a fuel processing plant yet!

it's been done before Wink
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2017, 05:34 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Lol if they ever get to a point of banning diesel sales, I will have to start growing my own fuel! Farm could turn into a fuel processing plant yet!

hah, got to be a spare patch of field you can turn over for bioderv production :p
Thanks given by:
f*ck me tom he a lobb they own most of the land in cornwall of course he got land to spare
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2017, 12:04 PM)daniel909 Wrote: f*ck me tom he a lobb they own most of the land in cornwall of course he got land to spare

Pft in my dreams bledy boy.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Worst load of bullshit propaganda I've ever heard. There are more airborne particles of brake and tyre dust than any diesel waste you'll ever consume.
I will be surprised if it interferes in my life at all. I may live next to London but I'm not silly enough to actually drive there.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
It's unlikely they will increase fuel duty on Diesel much over petrol.
Diesel price drives inflation, because almost all goods are delivered by a Diesel vehicle.

The government are trying very hard to keep inflation steady, they can't start messing around and purposefully increasing it.
Thanks given by:
if oxford crappy council start being silly, i'll stop shopping there.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I can see it happening in Cambridge too, they have the perfect combination of:

A: Shit roads
B: Shit public transport
C: Loads of jobs in the city

Makes for terrible traffic during rush hour.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2017, 05:15 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: if oxford crappy council start being silly, i'll stop shopping there.

Oxford has never been worth driving into the centre of just to shop!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2017, 11:14 AM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(16-04-2017, 08:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(15-04-2017, 05:59 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I feel its all scapegoating. Its just bs and a money making scheme. Why not have a plain ban date or fuel limits. I'm sure it can be dine without taxing.

This!

Day by day we get closer to an Orwellian dystopia where the government controls the public by making them believe they are constantly at war. In our case the war on terror, war on speeding, war on diesel vehicles etc. Govt use these things to distract from the real issues and use it as an excuse as to why we can't have things.

Are ISIS not a problem then?
Does speeding not kill?
Do diesel vehicles not pollute more than petrol? 

I am not saying these are the only three issues we currently face as a society, but they are prevalent issues. 
As this thread is about diesel, government stance and public opinion has to adapt to new scientific understanding, we know more now about diesels than we did 10 years ago, our stance has to change.

In answer to your questions;
ISIS are not a problem, do you actually know anyone who has directly been affected by them? Also groups like ISIS have tried to create their own countries by starting wars with existing groups for millenniums. No doubt this will happen for many more years and if it's not ISIS it's fighting over their state it's dissidents fighting over Northern Ireland, Korean saber rattling, Russia invading it's neighbors and the Yanks wading in on every single fight they can. It's all the same shit effectively, it's just the legitimacy of the protagonists that is to be argued over.

Diesel vehicles do not pollute more than petrol ones, they pollute differently! In real terms as petrol and diesel are pretty much the same stuff, long/medium chain hydrocarbons, or carbon and hydrogen atoms that break down when combusted. As diesel combustion is more efficient you extract more of the potential energy from each unit of fuel) technically in the purest terms diesel is less polluting.

SPEED DOES NOT KILL!!!!!! Humans are yet to reach a speed where it is capable of killing us. The space shuttle takes off at 18,000mph and that speed didn't kill anyone. The rest of us are on an earth rotating at over 1,000mph and again, we ain't dead. Speed does not kill!

The fact that you asked if speed kills proves that this government brainwashing actually works.
Thanks given by: Danny Wideboy
(24-04-2017, 07:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Diesel vehicles do not pollute more than petrol ones, they pollute differently! In real terms as petrol and diesel are pretty much the same stuff, long/medium chain hydrocarbons, or carbon and hydrogen atoms that break down when combusted. As diesel combustion is more efficient you extract more of the potential energy from each unit of fuel) technically in the purest terms diesel is less polluting.

While it is true that they are both bad in terms of overall pollution, being in close proximity to diesel tailpipe emissions is more hazardous to your health than petrol. This is why there's a drive to reduce the number of them in densely populated areas, as the effect of multiple diesel vehicles all running in a small area does put a lot of particulates in the air, which are then inhaled.

Whilst CO2 escapes into the atmosphere and is undoubtedly bad, it doesn't quite affect human health so directly as saturating the local environment with heavy particulates that don't just float away into the sky.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
That narrow focus as a definition of what is good and bad is the real issue imo, as Chris says the overall difference is very little in the big scheme of things. However, immediate human well-being gives a massive skew to perception with little consideration given to long-, medium- or even short-term effects, and almost none at all to the wider scope of environmental and ecological issues, issues which will actually affect our quality of life far more over time.

Regarding inflation, i believe the government are doing their best to force it up at the moment, so i wouldn't put it them to raise diesel fuel duty. Traditionally bank of england interest rates have been used to encourage changes in spending habits and consequently inflation. However, you'll have noticed interest rates have been at record lows for a decade now and they have resorted to less orthodox methods to try and stimulate spending, the most recent well-known example being the increase of minimum wage.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-04-2017, 07:19 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(16-04-2017, 11:14 AM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(16-04-2017, 08:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(15-04-2017, 05:59 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I feel its all scapegoating. Its just bs and a money making scheme. Why not have a plain ban date or fuel limits. I'm sure it can be dine without taxing.

This!

Day by day we get closer to an Orwellian dystopia where the government controls the public by making them believe they are constantly at war. In our case the war on terror, war on speeding, war on diesel vehicles etc. Govt use these things to distract from the real issues and use it as an excuse as to why we can't have things.

Are ISIS not a problem then?
Does speeding not kill?
Do diesel vehicles not pollute more than petrol? 

I am not saying these are the only three issues we currently face as a society, but they are prevalent issues. 
As this thread is about diesel, government stance and public opinion has to adapt to new scientific understanding, we know more now about diesels than we did 10 years ago, our stance has to change.

In answer to your questions;
ISIS are not a problem, do you actually know anyone who has directly been affected by them? 

Yes, me. When ISIS attacked Turkeys International Airport June 2016. How much more directly do you want?
I won't bother replying to the rest of your post Smile
Thanks given by:
play nicely kids.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2017, 03:09 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Yes, me. When ISIS attacked Turkeys International Airport June 2016. How much more directly do you want?
I won't bother replying to the rest of your post Smile
My apologies to you then mate but outside our military you are in an utter minority which is the point I was making
If you look at all the terror attacks in the UK since 2010 we aren't even talking double digit fatalities (in a country of 60,000,000 people). Call it 1 a year.

To give this context, on average 6 people die a year from being struck by lightning in the UK.

Anyway, I get the feeling this is going to descend into a pointless argument where neither of us can be swayed from our views so I won't reply further.

For reference
Lightning strikes:
https://www.rmets.org/sites/default/file...-elsom.pdf
Terror attacks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_te...at_Britain
Thanks given by:
I'm with Chris. (Dum Dum)
It's all propaganda. I'm no more scared of ISIS than I am my next meal.
Read/watch less news and your life will be better overnight.
Bad shit happens, all over the world, all the time, some of it is far worse than the alleged terrorism we are threatened by and happens inside closed doors, in our own country, by our own people.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: tawp_1020.0.0.jpg]

Who says we're right anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2017, 05:20 PM)Ruan Wrote: [Image: tawp_1020.0.0.jpg]

Who says we're right anyway.

"well now ive seen everything" "have you seen a man eat his own face" "no" "then you havnt seen everything"
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
eat his own head... jesus. get it right! "and neither have we"
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2017, 06:48 PM)Eeyore Wrote: eat his own head... jesus. get it right! "and neither have we"

umm yes

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Yes we should be very worried! Won't be too long before they're banned from most city centres although if they do this they will have to modernise every bus,van and truck too!
My 57 Vito 111 CDI will no doubt come under fire at some point too :-(
Thanks given by:
my City has Park & Ride scheme & hybrid buses already.
(and the most expensive car park charges in the city centre)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
If they do come down hard on diesels this forum is in serious trouble lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2017, 10:02 PM)Stef205 Wrote: If they do come down hard on diesels this forum is in serious trouble lol

we may see a spate of new projects for reducing coal/converting to veg. Undecided
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2017, 10:02 PM)Stef205 Wrote: If they do come down hard on diesels this forum is in serious trouble lol

So far the talk at a national level seems to be a scrappage scheme, which I assume would be voluntary. Those who are passionate about their 306's wouldn't be tempted to give them up even in the face of a financial incentive ....I guess??!  Itwasntme

Am in France at the moment n I estimate at least 2/3 of the cars here (outside the cities) are diesel. That includes A LOT more older cars than you see in the UK. Am staying in a village where there are at least 5 306's!!!! My guess is that on a Euro level at least, forcing people to give up their old cars would probably be politically impossible. They'll gradually make it harder to own diesel cars in some circumstances (city centre charges, added fuel duty perhaps) but beyond that it'll surely be business as usual for the forseeable future?
Thanks given by:
belgium is probably 90% diesel for medium cars and up, apart from the massive american pickups you do see far more regularly than in the UK, and the sporty stuff, which you really dont see very often. its also about ten cents per litre cheaper.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2017, 11:41 AM)welshpug Wrote: belgium is probably 90% diesel for medium cars and up, apart from the massive american pickups you do see far more regularly than in the UK, and the sporty stuff, which you really dont see very often.   its also about ten cents per litre cheaper.

Wow, they won't be giving them up any time soon then!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diesels in london lolsteve 57 18,231 10-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  ByeBye Diesels lolsteve 109 27,201 14-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,373 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy