Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Humour me here
#1
Me and a mate were talking about American style marker lights. I said it would be possible to do by wiring in the side lights too the indicators. 
Am I right? 
But then the issue to overcome would be indicating... would it blow the unit if you indicted? Would it work?

I'm curious to find out if I'm right and guess you guys would know more than me. Mate says it won't work, you'd have. To put some sort of switch inline so you could turn them off to use indicators
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#2
Personally I'd just piggyback another 501 holder on your sidelights & use an amber bulb, drill a second hole.

Or contact Mick at Bespoked...

https://www.bespokedonline.com/product-p...30dd2cf269
#3
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...623&page=5

U mean like wat I have done lol

Last 2 pics of that page
#4
a quick google shows several methods of modding the wiring to make this work.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#5
Thought it was possible just didn't know if I was right. Paddy how did you do yours? What page of your project am I looking at? So many good things in there haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#6
Lol page 5 last 2 photos 

I just  drilled  a hole ato the back of the indicator light then put a the bulb in easy had a sepret switch to put them on in case I got pulled over witch I never did lol

And could still see the indicator fine and clear wen it was on  Rofl
#7
Pretty easy way to do it tbh, I might rig something up, I have spare 501 bulb holders, just wire them into something that comes on when the lights come on and prove my point to him. He still thinks it won't work haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#8
(13-01-2017, 10:27 PM)Matt Wrote: Pretty easy way to do it tbh, I might rig something up, I have spare 501 bulb holders, just wire them into something that comes on when the lights come on and prove my point to him. He still thinks it won't work haha

You said wire your sidelights to your indicators though which wouldn't work.. Wiring additional bulb holders to your sidelights and using 501 Amber bulbs will work though Wink
#9
(13-01-2017, 09:05 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...623&page=5

U mean like wat I have done lol

Last 2 pics of that page
Cool enough that paddy
Might be an idea [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
#10
this web page may help;
http://www.homemade-circuits.com/2014/06...-park.html
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#11
Yeah I guess I'm wrong on that point, about wiring into existing indicator. But it can be done. Too much effort for me now though, I hate electrics as it is haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#12
perhaps one of our whizz-kids could knock you some up to wire in.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#13
It's cool, I was only doing it to try and prove a point Rofl
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)