In or out...

Poll: EU,, in or out
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
In
54.29%
19 54.29%
Out
45.71%
16 45.71%
Shake it all about
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In or out...
not in this forum anyway ThumbsUp
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately now the leaders of the leave campaign have been in the press and pretty much retracted every single one of their main campaign points, leaving everyone wondering what they actually voted for.

£350m - nope, not going to the NHS and now is more likely to still go to the EU for access to the 'free market'.
Control immigration - nope, already been admitted there will be no change.
Take back control - nope, if anything we're going to loose control and become and outsider at the whim of the EU
Thanks given by:
Well, I had this chat with a family member yesterday about taking back control and not having the human rights laws pressed on us - he went pretty quiet when I mention WE wrote all those laws, the EU just makes sure they're adhered to, and as a result, should we actually leave, they will be written into our own laws anyway. So you will still have the same laws about kicking out prisoners, etc. What you will probably loose is the law the conservatives don't currently want anyway - so that would be the ones on your maximum consecutive working hours and batches...some people are in for a BIG shock.

I've nothing to say on the second as the accounts obviously balanced out must lower than £350m with some simple math, athough we will be up a bit as we contributed more, the damage to the economy means that's got eaten up straight away anyway.

As for the third - what exactly did people expect them to do about immigration? The ones here legally generally are no issue apart from them not being diversified enough rather than bunched together - which is what creates the subcultures and distrust - that's a council and overly PC arseholes issue, not an immigration one.
The ones that are here already are here to stay anyway. They're not suddenly disappearing overnight.

The immigrants that are here illegally that generally are the ones causing issues and they are the ones we can't control at the minute anyway, so we sure as hell ain't going to stop them once France just merrily lets them get on whatever ferry, rib or truck they like.
Besides that, leaving the EU doesn't mean we'd close our borders anyway - 95% sure that we'd stay in the trading block, and that still means paying the EU money and it still means rights of free travel across European borders. Sorry.

As I said before, anyone that voted purely on the factors of immigration without considering the other myriad of reasons to stay or leave the EU proper, needed their head checking.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
A few points from your post Ripp

Yes we wrote the European convention on human rights however leaving the EU will have no effect on it as it is Europe wide, not just European Union what will effect it is the fat that the government was already working on a British Bill of Rights so that we could opt out of the ECHR. It will be largely the same thing without having to answer to a European court.

I think you are vastly wrong on your views on immigrants, the ones that are here illegally are rarely ever any issue at all as they know if they come into any contact with the police or authorities they are deported straight home, they are often working incredibly hard getting done over on pay cos who are they going to complain to? They are working hard and trying to live the British dream, I have never come across an illegal immigrant who was anything but polite.

The people here legally are (in my experience) more likely to be "trouble".
I was going to back that up with some statements but after typing out a massive paragraph I have decided it would be inappropriate.
I appreciate that this country cannot survive without immigration and am by no means a racist.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 10:42 AM)welshpug Wrote: on a French car forum, I can't believe there would be anyone so racist to vote out, if it were BNP central I'd understand it!

(29-06-2016, 07:25 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Again no one is saying if you voted out you MUST be a racist.

Yup, that's an unedited quote from someone saying exactly that, hence the ridiculous post.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
getting a bit long now this thread!

you would all make good politicians, picking holes and ripping the shit out of each other!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
All the illegals around here don't give a toss if they get caught because they get let out on bail and immediately just feckoff elsewhere to another house with 16 of 'em in and change their name.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Our record on actually removing illegal immigrants is pretty shit to be honest, IIRC France removes at least twice the number we manage.
Thanks given by:
Sorry dumdum but the European court of human rights isn't anything to do with the European union.

It's an independent entity and we will still be accountable
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2016, 02:59 PM)toseland Wrote: Sorry dumdum but the European court of human rights isn't anything to do with the European union.

Read my post. That is EXACTLY what I said.
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2016, 03:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(30-06-2016, 02:59 PM)toseland Wrote: Sorry dumdum but the European court of human rights isn't anything to do with the European union.

Read my post. That is EXACTLY what I said.

i read it wrong.. apology
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: