Tom's Sanitary towel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's Sanitary towel
Strut was bent above the hub. So top of wheel leaned in.

Never noticed myself till I took some pics of the car and was looking over them
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2016, 05:36 AM)Piggy Wrote: Strut was bent above the hub. So top of wheel leaned in.

Never noticed myself till I took some pics of the car and was looking over them

Ah ok, fair enough. I'll probably leave it for now then.
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2016, 06:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Just had proper 4 wheel alignment done...through a mate lol, couldn't have afforded it otherwise tbh.

Surprising how much better it drives when the wheels are pointing the same way. Big Grin  Steering wheel is dead straight now and there's no wheel wobble up to...err...70 of course. Wink  Seriously though, this is the first time I've actually been pleased with wheel alignment, definitely worth paying extra for it done properly rather than through one of the chains imo!!

Downside was we found the camber on the nearside was well out, a small amount extra is expected with the lowering but this was one degree more on the NS than OS.  Had a poke around but can't see anything obviously bent, though something must be...and it's the same side where the BJ was knackered and the wheel bearing sounds rough...all linked I guess!  However, it actually doesn't notice when driving, what would a small amount of extra camber actually cause other than a bit of extra tyre edgewear over a long period?  Will it affect handling noticeably on a road car?

hook me up with this mate of yours! D:
Thanks given by:
So today I sprayed some carb cleaner around

[Image: 9EufA4o.jpg]

And swapped out the manky old filter for the Pipercross one, wasn't much more expensive than a genuine standard one anyway lol. I know it won't add power or anything! Has deepened the intake note slightly though which I wasn't really expecting due to all the resonators in the intake, ducting is similar to the GTi6 stuff. Does seem a small filter for 150bhp though doesn't it! lol

[Image: zunSiZe.jpg]

Annoying pipercross put their name on the wrong side of the ST filters...great advertising lol...

[Image: wk7Axyr.jpg]

Then I did a PAS fluid change as well, just let it run out of the return line into a bottle, topped up and bled then did the same again. It's not perfect but I didn't have enough fluid for a third flush and it is far more pink than it was before lol!

[Image: pHxSkxA.jpg]

So has all that made a difference to the idle issues? No idea, won't have the chance to take it out until tomorrow or Saturday now lol. Confused
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2016, 12:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Does seem a small filter for 150bhp though doesn't it! lol
Small filter for a small amount of power mate.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2016, 03:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(16-06-2016, 12:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Does seem a small filter for 150bhp though doesn't it! lol
Small filter for a small amount of power mate.

Lol, nice to see there's new content popping up in here... lol

Finally got rid of the horrific dash this evening!! It's no secret I cant stand anything non-standard inside my cars lol, but why people colour code dash's I don't know, worst part is it was shiny so reflecting off the windscreen and obviously the paint all cracked in the heat. Then of course there's the single DIN stereo in a double DIN hole with one of those cheap, nasty, useless cubbys, neither of which fit the adapter properly, and obviously you can't use the steering controls and end up with no clock display and a gaping hole on the dash computer...so yeah, people go to a lot of time and expense to ruin things and I really don't get it...

Before

[Image: Uzoub5Y.jpg]

[Image: dncMCIX.jpg]

[Image: 5hNmeeX.jpg]

Removed

[Image: 7ucrQ7N.jpg]

New stuff in, yay! Big Grin Better already...but I don't have any stereo keys so better make sure the code works before pushing it home lol. Bought it cheap to due to lack of code...and managed to get the code free. Wink

Woop, code works, radio works...miles better reception and sound quality than the aftermarket crap!!

[Image: gyXuDjL.jpg]

Wasn't expecting this though lol, thought the time would pop up there, not the station...cant really see the point haha, the Focus doesn't do that!

[Image: 2kAk5en.jpg]

All standard again, so much nicer, best thing I've done to it I think lol!!

[Image: 0k6YQa6.jpg]

[Image: IsTA03c.jpg]

Strangely the blue tint dash doesn't really bother me at all, I don't even notice it, looks much brighter in pics lol.

So, yeah this is nearly 'complete' as a project, soon to just fuel it for a few months hopefully. Smile
Thanks given by:
Dash and oem stereo make such a difference.
Thanks given by:
Dibs on the single DIN tray. Could work in the transit.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
All I can say is welcome to the blue dash club tom!
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2016, 10:22 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Dibs on the single DIN tray. Could work in the transit.

Was gonna sell it with the Fiesta adapter plate tbh, not sure what it's worth? PM me an offer if you want it.

(17-06-2016, 04:58 PM)procta Wrote: All I can say is welcome to the blue dash club tom!

Lol, cheers!

It's 'soft touch' too...never realised what that meant before, it's actually kinda squidgy, same in the Focus, had never even noticed!

Just seen this lol - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4xFxxnldQ
Thanks given by:
Took it to a local cruise tonight... Was the only one there!! I joke of course, there were about 20 Mk6 Fiesta's lol, including that blue 1.4 I flipped last year if anyone remembers it! And I was joined by 2 Mk7 ST180s lol.

Left a little early for a spirited drive back as the conditions were good, roads were fairly empty and...well I just felt like a thrash after a fast and furious style meet lol. Can't get over how well this thing grips, even without ESP and on Nangkang tyres can really push it through corners and off of roundabouts where I had to let off in the GTi6 to avoid the crash barrier lol. Getting a bit more confidence in it...which can only end badly lol. One criticism I would make is the 5th gear ratio...4000rpm at 80mph!! I'm just glad it doesn't have a Magnex haha! It is pretty photogenic though...took a few this evening...

[Image: LiyNJIN.jpg]

[Image: NFQHRZy.jpg]

Dat ass doe...

[Image: WER9ykU.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Best car you've had. Bring it tomorrow so I can have a ganders. (Check the bury thread btw)
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I wouldn't say it's the best one tbh, Focus is still easily the better car! Out of the Fiesta or GTi6 though, I definitely don't have any desire to swap back! Big Grin

It won't be coming tomorrow I'm afraid, distance trips are what the Focus is for!! Smile
Thanks given by:
Handling is superb with these...mk7 even better
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Having had plenty of seat time in a Zetec S of the same shape I would say the GTi6 handling is superior by a noticeable amount.
Also thought I do like the fiesta I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Thanks given by:
Looking cleeeeeeaaaaan Tom! Get some vids up of how it goes! Smile
Thanks given by:
So, been driving this to lots of meets and shows lately...and it's f*cking awesome tbh... Easily outhandles any 306 I've had, just cant understand how it grips so well. Even been really pushing my luck on empty roundabouts and curved sliproads in the evenings and it just keeps holding! I'm sure there is better about but I can honestly say it's the best handling car I've owned - with the bonus of being comfortable enough not to make me feel ill lol.

Current average is apparently 32.5mpg which I can't complain about, that's about what I used to average in 1.8 306s, GTi6s never passed 30mpg lol.

[Image: PaTe88M.jpg]

Final parts arrived today - not overly happy about the lack of box and damaged paint on the filter considering it was from fordpartsuk but I suppose it'll work just as well lol.

[Image: dU8jGJN.jpg]

Found the sump plug was rounded in the 'tighten' direction so knew it'd be an arse...I ended up rounding it more. Sad So borrowed Rowells oil suction pump and will do it that way instead!

[Image: 6wwyor1.jpg]

Old cap...

[Image: rWlek74.jpg]

[Image: 9zZcbB5.jpg]

New one

[Image: koVXqJP.jpg]

I know you'll hate these but I like them, and dilligaf Tongue carries on the colour theme too. Caliper looks pretty bad but it's only brake dust/disc rust lol.

[Image: 9GrMf0r.jpg]

[Image: OZ5WsOO.jpg]

Still got a leaky tyre that I really need to do something about, but it does seem to hold air for a few days, roughly 12psi after 4 days and being extra load don't look any different lol, I can just feel it in the steering. Had a proper look for a puncture but couldn't see one, valve doesn't seem to leak. But I did notice this... Confused The edgewear is from the previous poor tracking but do you reckon that damage will have gone right through the tyre??

[Image: huSGBW3.jpg]

Also got rid of the wonky bent plates for some pressed ones. This is the second set after the first set I bought didn't have the BS number or post code so I got a refund on them...and now have a spare pair of useless plates lol.

[Image: HVXaNyS.jpg]

Sad times in the fuel department though, promised myself I wouldn't buy more than one tankful a month...didn't realise how easily I'd use a tank in it! Confused Probably shouldn't further than that though lol.

[Image: XE85cwU.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Them clocks would drive me crazy with the number rolling around like that
Thanks given by:
Thanks Paul...I hadn't noticed but won't be able to ignore it now! lol
Thanks given by:
So, did the most half arsed oil change ever this morning...

Didn't warm it up in the hope that the oil wouldn't run everywhere when I pulled the filter off. Used a manual suction tool to pump the oil out of the dipstick tube which actually worked far better than I expected, but used considerable time and effort lol. Then removed the filter and my lack of warming up didn't really work lol, turned out there was still a lot above the filter...great. Fortunately I put an old box under it to catch any 'drips' which turned out to be runs...but at least it was one less oil on the floor! Rolleyes Oh and on that note, turns out I overfilled the PAS fluid the other day, dry steering without the engine running (tyre check) managed to blow 'some' out of the res cap this morning which ran through the pulleys and along the wishbone so ended up in many places on the floor...ideal...

Long shot I know but does anyone have/know of a single Nangkang Ultra in 205 40 17 XL or a pair of another make in the same size? Pretty sure it's gotta be that inner wall cut that's losing air but cant afford a new one.
Thanks given by:
205 40 17? sounds like you need to buy my wolfrace dragons? Wink
Thanks given by:
Lol, hmm, thanks but I think I'll pass. Tongue

But yeah, stupid size, really expensive and seem to break on every pothole. Wish they'd put 16s on there. Sad
Thanks given by:
no i mean the dragons have 4 of those tyres! ill try and check for you over the weekend.
Thanks given by:
Oh I see! lol
Thanks given by:
So, sold some stuff on ebay last night which gave me just enough funds to buy one new tyre. Have gone with the same Nangkang Ultra ditchfinder as already on there as the other side hasn't worn much anyway. Would've liked to replace them all with something decent but we all know I won't own it long and funds don't allow lol. Tbf, the Nangkangs aren't bad in the dry for a budget and I have the Focus for wet weather anyway lol.

Just need to get it fitted when it arrives and that 'should' be everything sorted for the next couple of months. Then MOT late August will decide it's future lol.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 10:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Easily outhandles any 306 I've had, just cant understand how it grips so well.  Even been really pushing my luck on empty roundabouts and curved sliproads in the evenings and it just keeps holding!  I'm sure there is better about but I can honestly say it's the best handling car I've owned - with the bonus of being comfortable enough not to make me feel ill lol.

Come out in the Scooby, we'll change your opinion of cornering grip then and play the roundabout merry go round game to make you sick too

As for the wheels you'd have no trouble swapping them with a chav with a Zetec S as they run on 205/45R16 but that will probably knock your resale value.
Thanks given by:
I'd kinda hope 4wd does give better grip than a cheap FWD supermini lol... However anything that makes me ill is a no go! Tongue It really doesn't take much unfortunately. Sad

Yeah you're right about the resale value, which is why I'm not changing them lol, if I was keeping it a while and had space to store these overly large, unnecessarily heavy, rubber banded wheels, it'd definitely be on 16s! lol
Thanks given by:
So, I have a new tyre...bought from Tirendo in Germany which was the cheapest I could find with free postage as well but the company has awful reviews... Anyway, ordered Monday and it arrived today so no issue for me lol!

[Image: 94YTxIl.jpg]

Also filled it up today. BP standard was the same price as Tesco standard so obv used BP. But the range is obviously useless, 28 miles left (around 4 litres) however I got more than 45 litres into what I believe is a 45 litre tank. Wtf!? lol

[Image: 5uhOoHr.jpg]

[Image: bh6H2R4.jpg]

[Image: NwTC49i.jpg?1]

Lastly, the AC gas has fallen out again. Sad Lasted a few weeks but has now dropped to the point where the compressor only cuts in for a second then cuts out again. No funds left to fix that so I guess I'll just live with it now lol.
Thanks given by:
I can't believe you listen to Kiss.
I thought you hated un-necesary noise.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Been listening to Kiss since it was Vibe... Can't beat the old skool and anthems of Kisstory between 11-12 in the car!! Friday and Saturday nights are good as well. Afternoon is a bit crap though I admit.

But then I imagine you're a hardcore rock kinda guy lol.
Thanks given by: