GRAMMAR WAR, and how to make a cuppa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRAMMAR WAR, and how to make a cuppa
True mate I'm knocking on lol, not too keen on mashing the teabag about with a spoon too much, however milk deffo goes in last Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Milk prevents/restricts the brewing process.

Try it with soya milk (for those off dairy) first and the tea will take all day to brew!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 09:13 AM)Piggy Wrote: Milk prevents/restricts the brewing process.

Try it with soya milk (for those off dairy) first and the tea will take all day to brew!

Milk doesn't restrict the brewing process persay as this happens regardless, its more that the protein in the milk blocks the holes in the teabag required for water flow and diffusion of the brewed tea around the cup..

putting tea leaves in a cup with hot water and milk will liberate a nicely brewed cuppa, but you will have a cup full of tea leaves!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Who puts the milk in with the coffee before water?
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 10:01 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Who puts the milk in with the coffee before water?

Someone who doesn't like nice coffee.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 10:07 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(19-05-2016, 10:01 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Who puts the milk in with the coffee before water?

Someone who doesn't like nice coffee.

This was a study done recently too,   in fact coffee is brewed at a lower temperature than tea, (80degrees) and as such putting the milk in to the coffee and then adding immediately boiled water (if instant) is more amenable to a nice cup of coffee if you drink instant..

but if you want a nice cup of coffee you should be drinking proper ground or filter
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 08:51 AM)toseland Wrote: BTW.. in one of my text books.. it's official now

Your text book is wrong on so many levels.

"How to make the perfect cup of tea, get a mug" A cup of tea comes in a cup, not a mug for starters.

It mentions nothing about teapots, warming the pot adding one spoon of leaves for each participant and one for the pot, not using shit chinese tea.

Even if you are using a tea bag and a mug there is no excuse for not warming the mug with boiling water first then re boiling the kettle to make the tea itself.
Thanks given by:
you drive a Subaru, you are no longer qualified to comment on just about anything except piston slap and failing gaskets on number 2 cylinder!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Tea at home for me is tea bag, water, let it brew for a bit, milk done (when i used to have milk)
Coffee if instant is a little cold, coffee granules then he hot water stops birning the coffee

Same wih a cafetiere

Or now i just put a little pod thing in the nespreso and presh the button
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ah i thought her caravan had smelt worse than usual recently, that'll do it. You must be getting deperate in your dotage mate.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Best thread ever Rofl
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Coffee tastes better with milk in first, fact!
Thanks given by:
If coffee is instant... It tastes crap no matter how you do it.

May as well use mud granules.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 01:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: If coffee is instant... It tastes crap no matter how you do it.

May as well use mud granules.

Ohhh i hate to say i agree with someone on this thread of ANGER but piggys right. I hate instant stuff
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
so glad I don't drink coffee (sounds of puking) Tongue
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
ok, i HATE tea with a passion, you may as well drink dish water :p

but Coffee, that is my main drink lol Smile bring on the jitters......

If i have it, ground in my percolator, or hit the button on the Tassimo Smile , but if it has to be instant.......

Milk in first.

there are 2 main types of instant, the black crappy granules, which tastes like 3 day old coffee, or the brown granuals, like Kenco Smooth. Those are much smoother tasting and a much nicer brew. Cheap coffee always sucks, and i will not/cannot drink it.... Not all makes of coffee taste the same, some are very bitter, some are quite smooth,

but the best instant by far, is the Douwe Egberts Vanilla flavored coffee
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Let this be a lesson to everyone, wherever in this great country you may hail from, no one gives a single, solitary fcuk about a standard HDI (internalise as you wish) Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Rofl
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
And all tension from the day we all swore to be nice to everyone, especially the newbies,( me included lol ) blew out over BASH's thread! Sorry Tom, I think the yellow wheels are win on the china! Just like my last estate last year, owned it 3 times in the past 4 years and not ruling out having it back Smile
Nice state mate!
And yeah best thread for ages, in the nicest possible way, bring back the rage but shelter the newbies til they can fend for themselves!
And for the record @Toms306 I love you dearly but you along with most other souls on this planet know the Scottish education system is regarded as being within the top 5 all over the world! Tongue Wink
Thanks given by:
Lol i didnt want a project thread as it seemed a bit pointless, this is way better a place for the entirity of 306oc to vent. Seems like a very good use of the thread if any
Thanks given by:
Bottling it all up is unhealthy anyway. A troll a day keeps the doctor away.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 09:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: Bottling it all up is unhealthy anyway. A troll a day keeps the doctor away.

and an onion a day keeps everyone away!  whistle
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Let's all blame the mod who started the last great thread, how to improve 306oc?
Truly great thread but def a work in motion! I don't envy the position of any club site mod due to this, it must be like being an English teacher to a bunch of wreck less young mx riders or total gearheads constantly shouting BS! I say tomayto you say tomato, phook that for a laugh Wink
All said before we have a great community of knowledgable chaps and chapettes so let's not wander too far (last few weeks) from the beaten path and just enjoy the banter!
Anyone who whines so much to demand action should be immediately banned for a week lol Smile
Bash! Tom, as we all saw in the 90's and early 2000's with DumDums chosen sled, gold works well with a nice blue like China, wheels roof rails and front lion and leave it a low un! With a little chilli kick up its tailpipe Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2016, 09:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: Bottling it all up is unhealthy anyway. A troll a day keeps the doctor away.

that's the thing these people need to understand poodle...   ME and you don't troll,  we just expose the undesirable truth via sarcasm and wit..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 07:30 AM)toseland Wrote:

that's the thing these people need to understand poodle...   ME and you don't troll,  we just expose the undesirable truth via sarcasm and wit..

Dont lie toseland your just a massive lady garden and enjoy winding up half the club Wink

Sorry i meant me lol

Oh and for the record...

Tea: teabag, water, remove teabag, sugar then milk & stir

Coffee: granules, sugar, milk then water & stir
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Don't you mean "you and I". Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-05-2016, 12:12 PM)Poodle Wrote:

Don't you mean "you and I". Tongue

lmao

This thread just keeps getting better tbh! lol
Thanks given by:
It's not bullying, it's character building.
Thanks given by:
Yes it is! THANKYOU Chris Smile
Thanks given by:
This just popped up on my MX forum lol,     :-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Grammar Eeyore 5 1,913 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Matt