Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Really quickly - my next uni piece we need to produce a HUUUGE poster to show our research, part of my literature is a youtube clip from the beloved government...
Here's the issue - guidelines say we got to use powerpoint, thats fine, i can embed videos on that, but then we also have to save as a PDF... Can i embed a video in powerpoint and also have it embedded into adobe/pdf form?
whether that means creating a second file alltogether and editing a video into the adobe file?
hope this makes sense... thanks
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
Essentially no, you cannot embed a video in a PDF, however, you can provide a clickable link... That's about the best you can do, you might even want to take a snap of the youtube window, then hyperlink it, so it looks like it's embedded, but it's not, all you're doing is clicking on a picture that will then wang up a browser window and play the video...
If it's absolutely CRITICAL to the outcome of the presentation/essay, I would avoid it, there's reason for them to mark down if they are on a computer without internet whilst marking it...
That's my view on it though.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Thanks Ruan, no, videos are not essential and would just be one of those "oh he's gone that bit further marks" as most of it is purely litereature and maybe a pic...
Hm... in that case then, i think i will grab an image cap and hyperlink it in, see how that comes out.
Cheers mate!
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 278
Threads: 5
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
0
Ruan's right - you can't embed moving pictures in a pdf. However, if you wanted to make sure you get the effort marks even if the markers can't look at the video (for whatever reason) you could give a brief synopsis of the parts of the video that are most important to your point.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Ruan's right - you can't embed moving pictures in a pdf. However, if you wanted to make sure you get the effort marks even if the markers can't look at the video (for whatever reason) you could give a brief synopsis of the parts of the video that are most important to your point.
ah good thinking, may put it seperate to the main literature body...
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 278
Threads: 5
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
0
Sounds sensible that, Ginge, they'll appreciate you've gone the extra mile and put extra thought in it. I might not have learnt much in my life but after five years in uni I know what gets you the good marks!  Good luck with the assignment.
Posts: 8,298
Threads: 289
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
92
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: Phase 17 R26
As said, I'd do a screen cap of the video and hyperlink it. I'd also put a caption on it saying 'click the picture above to be shown ...' etc, so when it's in pdf form it's clear that there is a video there
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Scott Wrote:As said, I'd do a screen cap of the video and hyperlink it. I'd also put a caption on it saying 'click the picture above to be shown ...' etc, so when it's in pdf form it's clear that there is a video there 
ok, so i've hyperlinked this to the video - i think
saved the youtube address, hyperlinked to that video - it is now linked to it but only through right clicking it? Correct?
Also, will this hyperlink correspond once uploaded online at a later stage, as it's hyperlinked from a file on my PC, make sense?
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 8,298
Threads: 289
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
92
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: Phase 17 R26
That should be fine, hyperlinks will stay active in PDF files so unless the video gets taken down it'll stay there
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Scott Wrote:That should be fine, hyperlinks will stay active in PDF files so unless the video gets taken down it'll stay there 
what a beaut - cheers!
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Scott Wrote:As said, I'd do a screen cap of the video and hyperlink it. I'd also put a caption on it saying 'click the picture above to be shown ...' etc, so when it's in pdf form it's clear that there is a video there 
^^ this!
Posts: 2,014
Threads: 180
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
21
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Car Model/Spec: Broken Phase 2 GTi6
i agree with what everyone else said
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.
1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car
Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Fooby Wrote:i agree with what everyone else said 
Cool story bro....
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ok, so this is how it stands...
followed uni specs for it... rediculous size to it, with the centre image hyperlinked and a synopsis included.
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
FYI - Quoting yourself is gay.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ruan Wrote:FYI - Quoting yourself is gay.
quoting myself?
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 278
Threads: 5
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
0
Not sure about the colours or the layout...  sorry, its up to you of course... and content is more important anyway
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Not sure about the colours or the layout... sorry, its up to you of course... and content is more important anyway 
yeh that was a REALLY quick mock up to get something down, got a few more pieces to get done, so if i get time to adhust the aesthetics, i'll see what i can do.
any colours in particular take your like? (colours are a ladies thing  )
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
You're involved in your quote in your sig...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ruan Wrote:You're involved in your quote in your sig...
oh, im sorry..
surely mentioning YOUR car is also self quoting?
anyway, petty talk, grow up...
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
I was having banter...
But seen as we're gone all serious - f*ck YOU THEN.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ruan Wrote:I was having banter...
But seen as we're gone all serious - f*ck YOU THEN.
...it's really banter'ish.. :| personal remarks often isn't classed as "banter"
same difference ey
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
If I maybe had said "You're an absolute idiot for quoting yourself, I can't believe you've done that, you look like such a twat, I hate you now"
That's a personal comment...
"FYI - Quoting yourself is gay"
Do you really think I wanted to offend with the insult as "is gay"....?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ruan Wrote:If I maybe had said "You're an absolute idiot for quoting yourself, I can't believe you've done that, you look like such a lady garden, I hate you now"
That's a personal comment...
"FYI - Quoting yourself is gay"
Do you really think I wanted to offend with the insult as "is gay"....?
Ruan
Forum Helper
'nuf said
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
So wait a minute, I give you help within 30 minutes of posting, of genuine advice, decide it might be a laugh to have some banter about the fact you'd quoted yourself in your signature, take it the wrong way, and now there's comments about the fact I'm a Forum Helper...
Seriously...?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ruan Wrote:So wait a minute, I give you help within 30 minutes of posting, of genuine advice, decide it might be a laugh to have some banter about the fact you'd quoted yourself in your signature, take it the wrong way, and now there's comments about the fact I'm a Forum Helper...
Seriously...?
In short, yeh, you give some geniuine advice throughout this thread and others, mentioned and appreciated, then quote me being gay for quoting myself :| i'd expect it from connor and flynn...
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 5,205
Threads: 91
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
83
Location: Oxfordshire/Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: Moonstone DT/Volvo V50
Lighten up buddy....
I thought most people on the forum had realised to take what I say with a pinch of salt by now?
I thought that by most of my posts trying to HELP people, I'd be let off for a bit of banter every so often...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in.  Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
Ruan Wrote:Lighten up buddy....
I thought most people on the forum had realised to take what I say with a pinch of salt by now?
I thought that by most of my posts trying to HELP people, I'd be let off for a bit of banter every so often...
No offence ruan, i've never seen any banter from your edge - always a very serious, knowledgeable 'poster' (lol), apologies for snapping, and if it was banter, apologies again.
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 3,688
Threads: 27
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
20
Posts: 2,178
Threads: 50
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
14
Location: Middlesex
Car Model/Spec: Nile Phase 2.5 GTI6
Jonny b Wrote:Ha ha ginger wars lol
Where's Scott when you need him.....
|