Posts: 2,526
Threads: 143
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
10
Location: South East London
Car Model/Spec: Ph3 XUD
What do you guys prefer when looking for an accessory such as a roof bars, etc.
For me it's OEM stuff if I can get it. as I think it looks better and usually fits better. For example, I have the rubber mats from Peugeot which are made for a 306 so they fit pretty well.
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Yeh OEM where possible as its designed but for things like floor mats etc just go after market.
Posts: 15,645
Threads: 541
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
124
Location: Aylesbury
Car Model/Spec: 320bhp Impreza WRX
I dunno, sometimes I'd rather buy decent aftermarket stuff like a valeo clutch (yes i know thats oem but it's cheaper not being in a peugeot box) I suppose the example that I'd buy aftermarket tyres is a better example as pirelli p6000s are dangerous.
Posts: 824
Threads: 48
Joined: Oct 2014
Reputation:
4
Location: Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
Not that you'd expect a different answer from me but OEM
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Posts: 594
Threads: 25
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Leeds
Car Model/Spec: Vectra & Berlingo
OEM or a quality after market part. Same with accessories mats ect. You get what you pay for, the mats that came in my Vectra were a cheap "tailored" set. They were like velcro and poor fit. Paid £50 for a set the dealer, 100% times better.
Posts: 6,367
Threads: 87
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
48
Location: South Yorks.
Car Model/Spec: Rouge vallelunga 5 door Dturbo
OEM+ for me lol, i like doing things like, i have a leather gear knob from a 206cc, steering wheel from a 309 GTI etc, looks right but is that bit different . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Posts: 1,208
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2014
Reputation:
2
Location: East Mids
Car Model/Spec: Black Rallye
OEM looking (except my red decals) and aftermarket if performs better. Simples ;-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Posts: 7,825
Threads: 465
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
114
Location: Cullompton Devon
Car Model/Spec: Vauxhall
its got to be practicable, fit for what i want it to do, OEM does not always fit that bill or pocket price wise
Posts: 2,140
Threads: 128
Joined: May 2014
Reputation:
21
Location: Cardiff
Car Model/Spec: Stage3 HDi RHF5@25psi 174bhp
Critical stuff is OEM, or high quality after market (blistein B4s for example).
Aftermarket is never the cheapest shite, where possible,.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland