306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Accessories, OEM or Aftermarket?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you guys prefer when looking for an accessory such as a roof bars, etc.

For me it's OEM stuff if I can get it. as I think it looks better and usually fits better. For example, I have the rubber mats from Peugeot which are made for a 306 so they fit pretty well.
Yeh OEM where possible as its designed but for things like floor mats etc just go after market.
OEM always. I hate poorly fitting aftermarket stuff, really irritates me! lol
I dunno, sometimes I'd rather buy decent aftermarket stuff like a valeo clutch (yes i know thats oem but it's cheaper not being in a peugeot box) I suppose the example that I'd buy aftermarket tyres is a better example as pirelli p6000s are dangerous.
Not that you'd expect a different answer from me but OEM
To echo nearly all above, OEM ALL THE WAY, you just know its going to fix and fit like a glove!
Although as Chris pointed out with the Valeo clutch, I buy Koyo Bearings for bikes as they're the chaps that made them for Honda first time round Smile
OEM or a quality after market part. Same with accessories mats ect. You get what you pay for, the mats that came in my Vectra were a cheap "tailored" set. They were like velcro and poor fit. Paid £50 for a set the dealer, 100% times better.
OEM+ for me lol, i like doing things like, i have a leather gear knob from a 206cc, steering wheel from a 309 GTI etc, looks right but is that bit different . .Smile
OEM looking (except my red decals) and aftermarket if performs better. Simples ;-)
its got to be practicable, fit for what i want it to do, OEM does not always fit that bill or pocket price wise
(21-04-2016, 12:27 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]OEM looking (except my red decals) and aftermarket if performs better. Simples ;-)

So how do you explain absolutely slammed ride height? lmao
(21-04-2016, 09:39 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-04-2016, 12:27 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]OEM looking (except my red decals) and aftermarket if performs better. Simples ;-)

So how do you explain absolutely slammed ride height? lmao

Oh yeah and that haha
Critical stuff is OEM, or high quality after market (blistein B4s for example).

Aftermarket is never the cheapest shite, where possible,.