Best oem intercooler for HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best oem intercooler for HDI
I have tried to do a few searches on this subject but I havnt found too much. I am looking to add a front mount intercooler to my HDI although I want to do it for as cheap as possible really. The piping size I want to go for is 2.25 and I want a largish intercooler (large for oem) medium sized for aftermarket really. I was wondering what oem options do I have I don't want any with plastic ends etc.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Just go aftermarket, 2.25" and an 'MX5 Medium (large?)' intercooler

[Image: LrHUO4p.png]

Everything is oem once the bumper is back on and bonnet shut!
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 08:40 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Just go aftermarket, 2.25" and an 'MX5 Medium (large?)' intercooler

Did your bumper go back on with the FMIC and A/C or did it need trimming?
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 08:40 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Just go aftermarket, 2.25" and an 'MX5 Medium (large?)' intercooler

I was looking for a oem intercooler to keep the costs down, what size is that intercooler your using? That's a nice size that I would ideally be looking to use. I meant large for oem as most factory standard fitted intercoolers tend to be small, were as large in aftermarket intercoolers often means huge lol
Thanks for your reply
Thanks given by:
There aren't many oem ones that fit well, you'll struggle to find one with 2.25" outlets in a suitable place, size, shape and connection type. Plus new aftermarket coolers are often cheaper than used oem ones anyway.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
2.25 is overly large, pressure and flow will be restricted at I let anyway so might as well go for 51mm and save a fortune
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
not sure you even need a cooler that big on a small engine? my 2.5 makes 180 bhp on one about a third the size.

PD150 golfs run 2 bar through one about a third the size too!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 09:43 AM)welshpug Wrote: not sure you even need a cooler that big on a small engine? my 2.5 makes 180 bhp on one about a third the size.

But b-tches love 'dem bigguns'.  Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 09:43 AM)welshpug Wrote: not sure you even need a cooler that big on a small engine? my 2.5 makes 180 bhp on one about a third the size.

It was cheap and  I fancied a challenge, if you're going to cut up the front of your car you might as well do it properly! 
and lets be honest, an old 306, not worth much so not much to lose!
Thanks given by:
Look through the project threads and see what other people have used
Thanks given by: