407 Comm unit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
407 Comm unit
So with the help of Peugeotforums, I've narrowed the issue with my front wash/wipe not working down to the stalk. Unlike 306's, the stalks on these are part of the comm unit, and I'm unsure whether I'll be able to dismantle and repair the unit I have. The only other alternative I have is to buy a replacement unit.

Seen a couple on fleabay, but the comm unit in my 407 has the number 96611304xt on it, when I put that into eBay search, it comes back with a citroen c5 unit for £70. Dodgy

However, I wondered if anyone might know if  I would be able to use a 96611305xt unit in its place, as they apparently relate back to the 407 instead of the c5...matches in every way apart from that one number in the model code, got all the same functions on the stalks, as far as I can see, it's an exact match, though I'd rather not spend £45 on this one, to then have to replace it again with the £70 exact match should it not work correctly. Confused

Damn French motors, why do they have to be so difficult?! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh the joys of newer shit!

id be looking for the same number m8 as a different number will probably be loaded with different software even though it looks the same

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Hmm...I did think this, was kinda hoping I could avoid spending more than I had to, getting this new wagon sorted has financially crippled me for the moment, had to get a couple of loans off family as it was to make the money up. Undecided

Though, plot twist moment, could the fact the model number on mine relating to a c5 be the root cause of the washers not working? Mismatched replacement at some point? Makes me wonder if theres any way I can find out exactly which model mine would have had fitted from the factory...
Thanks given by:
they are really common on these and most peugeots this age. i do a lot of them. We always recommend genuine ones as the cheap ones never seem to last when we used to fit them either.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
if you know someone with peugeot planet they should be able to configure or test the unit Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
should have got a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've a c5 here I can check what part number it is for you.
Thanks given by:
If you put your VIN into servicebox it should tell you the exact parts fitted (note, should...).

It's probably just a superceeded part tbh, would have thought it was all the same on the same age 407 and C5.
Thanks given by:
I use to sell coms on ebay got fed up with people asking what the part number was. the part number don't have to match up but the functions do if you want it all to work for example

If car has auto headlights you want stalk to have it
If has rear wiper you want the stalk to have it etc

I know this because I use to use same car to test lots of them
Thanks given by:
One I have is a different part number.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 07:56 PM)xudlingo Wrote: I use to sell coms on ebay got fed up with people asking what the part number was. the part number don't have to match up but the functions do if you want it all to work for example

If car has auto headlights you want stalk to have it
If has rear wiper you want the stalk to have it etc

I know this because I use to use same car to test lots of them

Well, I hope you're right, as I've managed to find about the only com unit on ebay that is identical to mine, but the numbers differ very slightly. Fingers crossed it all works as it should! Confused
Thanks given by:
More importantly has it got all the correct functions on them will still work I have fitted a non auto wiper com to car with auto wipers just makes the wipers work normal
Thanks given by:
Yeah, all the functions are there, though I've had to take a guess as far as the Auto lights are concerned, as my current stalk doesn't have Auto lights on it, they're part of the computer system, come on if the sensor on the dash detects a low level of light, or if the wipers are on anything more than intermittent.
Thanks given by:
There should still be a position for auto lights on the stalk though? How would you over-ride it otherwise? Confused
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 09:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: There should still be a position for auto lights on the stalk though?  How would you over-ride it otherwise? Confused

Through the menu on the dash. Wink
Thanks given by:
Well that's a nice quick safety feature should the light sensor decide lights should be off in the middle of the night... lol
Thanks given by:
Well if that happens, I can just switch the stalk on, like any other car... lol
Thanks given by:
So there is an auto position that's separate from 'on' then... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah....off. lmao

In the off position, if the sensor detects low light levels, it activates the lights. Unless the auto system is disabled in the menu. Wink

Also has the "Guide me home" lights that stay on for a predetermined time after the ignition is switched off. Which is nice... Wink
Thanks given by:
Well that's a weird way of doing it lol. Every car I've had/seen with auto has an AUTO position separate from ON or OFF. Though they have all had dial switches rather than stalks tbf.
Thanks given by:
It is a bit weird.....but it IS french after all! lol
Thanks given by:
Echoing Xudlingo, experiences I've had with Comms2000 units on my 206 (basic type - no auto lights/wipers) I fitted an auto setup one.

That recently decided to play silly buggers, after a fair length of service, so I fitted a C5 one I had lying around.

Works perfectly.

Doesn't really matter what you comms you have, but if you don't have the auto lights/wipers on a replacement it won't be able to use that function (obviously)
Thanks given by:
Ok, well that's making me feel a bit better about this then, the one I bought last night is identical to look at, its just the numbers that are different. Wink
Thanks given by:
My 307 SW has these functions too and sitting at asda while she was in for an hour I decided to disable the auto lights to save battery, big mistake as the auto lights wouldn't reactivate for 3 months then after 3 months driving along after resetting the ecu 2 days prior, the auto lights flickered on for a second or two and reactivated full time after shutdown and restart! Still working now with no plans to deactivate them again!
It is a post 2000 Peugeot after all! Just don't screw with the elecs and you'll be alright if you can live with abs, asr, ESP EGR and dpf faults and no bawz to your pugshed!
Fkn h8n not having a daily 306 for first time in about 12 - 15 years
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Thanks given by: