ARP Head Studs WITHOUT CUSTOM SPACERS!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARP Head Studs WITHOUT CUSTOM SPACERS!!!!
My friend does for whom i ordered the studs. At 1.8bars, with brand new stock studs, 30 km and it burnt a headgasket. Will be dyno-ing it soon.

This is the car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(06-07-2013, 06:52 AM)SonnyRoby Wrote: This is the kit they sent. So far no more head lifting. Will be putting some questions about the studs and why haven't they sent the Ultra-torque grease...
We put grease on them when mounting them.
I will rename the thread - WITHOUT CUSTOM MADE SPACERS.
@ruan. I said without spacers not washers. The ARP washers are mounted also.

btw. Thank you for showing the fact about the studs. I'm now upset that we paid the price for a full ARP head kit and got only half of it. They will be hearing from us.

Thank you once again.

It looks like i'm the one to blaim...

Set of 10 custom head studs with ARP nuts and washers suitable for XU10 8 and 16 valve engines. Ideal for boosted engines where head lift may be of concern.

Sorry to restart this 3 year old thread but how did you get on with these studs in your XUD9?

I'm currently looking for studs for a DW10 

Thanks Jake
Thanks given by:
I have found direct fit ARP studs now for dw10 Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2016, 09:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: I have found direct fit ARP studs now for dw10 Wink

Good find! Where are these available form? and are they DW10 specific or for something else aswell?
Thanks given by:
I'll post up info once 100% confirmed as they sent wrong washers.
Just order the studs, not a "kit"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2016, 09:00 PM)306clot Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 06:52 AM)SonnyRoby Wrote: This is the kit they sent. So far no more head lifting. Will be putting some questions about the studs and why haven't they sent the Ultra-torque grease...
We put grease on them when mounting them.
I will rename the thread - WITHOUT CUSTOM MADE SPACERS.
@ruan. I said without spacers not washers. The ARP washers are mounted also.

btw. Thank you for showing the fact about the studs. I'm now upset that we paid the price for a full ARP head kit and got only half of it. They will be hearing from us.

Thank you once again.

It looks like i'm the one to blaim...

Set of 10 custom head studs with ARP nuts and washers suitable for XU10 8 and 16 valve engines. Ideal for boosted engines where head lift may be of concern.

Sorry to restart this 3 year old thread but how did you get on with these studs in your XUD9?

I'm currently looking for studs for a DW10 

Thanks Jake

Im also interested to see how these turned out. are the DW10 ones the same as the XUD9s?

Piggy i think that your post on FB about ARPs was deleted, because when i followed your link it came up with an error :/
but if these are doing people OK i might get them
Thanks given by:
DW10 are NOT the same as XUD ones.

Different lengths.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Read only???? Also head studs question ekjdm14 1 705 28-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head head head studs ??? Yungpug 1 1,396 11-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Exhaust and inlet manifold spacers and studs andyyy 1 1,118 15-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane