The pink unicorn.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The pink unicorn.
So over Christmas week I came across an utter shed on scumtree, nothing unusual there, there's alot of sheds on scumtree. What was unusual was the fact that it is a very rare 3dr 206 DW10 HDi Eco and wasn't advertised as such. A quick check on the DVLA showed it was in the £30 tax bracket and for £400 it was just too good an opportunity to pass up.

Here she is in a rough part of Glasgow fro the add picture complete with vaguely offensive sticker on the boot.

Went up the next day to pick her up

And after a monster journey here is the first photo I took of her. It turned out she was a bigger dog than expected, there is a big patch welded on the nearside sill, half the bulbs were dead, the speedo didn't work, the exhaust was blowing and it has a steering vibration at motorway speed. Interestingly there was a milk carton full of power steering fluid in the boot.  Problems aside it would have cost me a fortune to get a train home so I just paid up and she drove "fine" all the way home and thankfully at 2200rpm at 70mph showing it has the correct gear box.

I noticed there was a bit of a power steering leak at a services so topped it up with stuff out the milk bottle. Next day driving to work flap flap flap smash whir. Yeah turned out my power steering pump was seizing and trying to spit the belt leaving it a a couple of ribs short.

Bypassed the PAS with one of these.

Fitted a fake OMP wheel to try and improve a terrible the seating position.

Spent £60 on some GTi wheels

Gave the wheels a blow over with cheap BBQ paint

Fitted 302mm brakes and coilovers which was a mission for a myriad of reasons

And now she looks like this awaiting me painting the rear wheels.

Thanks given by:
This is more Mr fish's department tbf. Hopefully be a cheap round around for you though
Thanks given by:
super cheap and already looking like it has potential. DId you just happen to have massive brakes and coilovers lying around?
Thanks given by:
ive just bought a 206 hdi as well funnily enough lol. not for me though to sell. mines mint though. nice to see its the eco one with the cheap road tax. im with sam here. you just happened to have those brakes lying about. i say rattle can it whatever mad colur you want. run it into the ground. pull out gearbox then scrap car
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2016, 06:38 PM)Frosty Wrote: This is more Mr fish's department tbf. Hopefully be a cheap round around for you though
Yes I hear that. I think mine is the opposite end of the spectrum though, late registered 2001 car on an 03 plate with no abs, and rallye spec windows and mirrors.

(29-01-2016, 06:41 PM)Eeyore Wrote: super cheap and already looking like it has potential. DId you just happen to have massive brakes and coilovers lying around?
Cheers, looks awesome with just the front a little lower.

(29-01-2016, 07:24 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: ive just bought a 206 hdi as well funnily enough lol. not for me though to sell. mines mint though. nice to see its the eco one with the cheap road tax. im with sam here. you just happened to have those brakes lying about. i say rattle can it whatever mad colur you want. run it into the ground. pull out gearbox then scrap car
I am tempted to rattle can it a mad colour but wont, for now. Believe it or not both the brakes and coilies were ebay bargains at £60 each

What was lying about however was this intercooler that you may recognise from a previous project. I've also popped a generic stage 1 map on it so she moves well now. Need to get a clutch before stage 2 power.

Plans are getting it below the magic tonne without ripping the entirety of the interior out as she's pretty close now and getting some decent power out of her. Hopefully a bit of track time at FCS and see if it lasts any longer than the rallye. In the more immediate future getting the rear beam done (preferably a ready lowered GTi 180 beam) then some decent tyres, arch rolling and some spacers as I cant wind the coilovers all the way down as the tyres catch the lock rings.

Oh and I picked up a 23.8mm 4 port master cylinder off a expert van but it turns out the bolt holes are off set so I cant fit it and as such have rather a bit of pedal travel till I can find a solution.
Thanks given by:
oh awesome man. hope to see you on track this year with me Wink first year im able to do track time
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have some good plans! Would be interesting to see the difference in MPG the eco box manages vs normal box. 302s seem a bit overkill though at the moment, 266s with good pads on my Stage 1 are well up to the job.
Thanks given by:
Well, I didn't expect that... Confused
Thanks given by:
Wow, lol, from one extreme to the other, i expect nothing less from you sir . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
What in the holy f*ck is that shit?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well at 1050kg...not guna be tricky.

Do love the dumdum philosophy...

Bought a shed with abhost of problems...

So bought it coilovers and alloys and fitted big ass brakes

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you wanted to buy a sack of shit, why didn't you come and give me half what you paid for this to take my estate?! Nospeak
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2016, 09:58 PM)Niall Wrote: What in the holy f*ck is that shit?

lmao

I quite like it! Sooo... shall I start the bets. £10. July 2016.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'll push the boat out I reckon it'll make fcs....
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2016, 11:43 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I'll push the boat out I reckon it'll make fcs....

your brave!
by past records.....
I say it will be sold on or crashed before action day in april!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(30-01-2016, 01:09 PM)cully Wrote:
(30-01-2016, 11:43 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I'll push the boat out I reckon it'll make fcs....

your brave!
by past records.....
I say it will be sold on or crashed before action day in april!

action day? you mean 306oc Ace Cafe Day?

ive seen the forecast... rain is coming.... i doubt itll see the beginning of next week.
Thanks given by:
I knew something like this was going to pop up, but genuinely thought it was going to be a 306 hdi haha been watching pop up on breaking threads/forsale threads recently haha

I like it, has character and I hope this one makes it to fcs
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Is it going to be a 206 HDI Rallye Chris?
Thanks given by:
Never liked 206's, ever. I mean how did they stand back and look at the SW (sports wagon for fucks sake) and think, yer that's a good looking car?
Thanks given by:
302mm brakes

Shit got serious
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Fair play, quite like it considering what it is. Good move on the brakes/coilies. Mods before fixes. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
beauty.

cheap motoring. wish i had kept mine now.

As for your pedal travel, do you have the older style (small - like a ph1 306) drums on the back or the larger (flatter) drums?

May have a PAS pump if you want one.
Thanks given by:
Cheers everyone for all the interest and kind comments

(29-01-2016, 09:40 PM)MY95 Wrote: Sounds like you have some good plans! Would be interesting to see the difference in MPG the eco box manages vs normal box. 302s seem a bit overkill though at the moment, 266s with good pads on my Stage 1 are well up to the job.
No no, really good brakes are important and will help you go faster no matter how powerful the car. Also decent pads for 266s cost more than my 302s and I was replacing the discs anyway.

(29-01-2016, 10:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: Do love the dumdum philosophy...

Bought a shed with abhost of problems...

So bought it coilovers and alloys and fitted big ass brakes
Darn tooting.

(31-01-2016, 08:42 AM)Matt Wrote: I knew something like this was going to pop up, but genuinely thought it was going to be a 306 hdi haha been watching pop up on breaking threads/forsale threads recently haha

I like it, has character and I hope this one makes it to fcs
Character is a great word for it, I'd like to make FCS but we'll see. And yeah I have been skulking through the parts for sale.

(31-01-2016, 12:44 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Is it going to be a 206 HDI Rallye Chris?
Erm, yeah but diesel.

(03-02-2016, 12:17 PM)mr_fish Wrote: beauty.

cheap motoring. wish i had kept mine now.

As for your pedal travel, do you have the older style (small - like a ph1 306) drums on the back or the larger (flatter) drums?

May have a PAS pump if you want one.
I have a feeling it's small drums, gonna find the right 23.8mm 4 port master cylinder and get that fitted and that should sort the pedal travel.
I'll pass on the PAS pump, I'm man enough to live without one and it feels awesome having some weight to the steering when you throw it into a corner.
Thanks given by:
So having had a little chance to have a propper drive in it now it doesn't feel like the wheels might fall off and the brakes have bedded in and bugger it's nippy. You don't even realise it adding speed sometimes because it's so low revving you don't get the rapid increase in engine noise but it barrels down country roads nicely and there is great feel through the steering at speed with no pas.

Still need to sort better wheels and tyres out as it happily lights up the fronts in 2nd and it needs moar offsets!

Thanks given by:
Looks/sounds good Smile so is this currently a stage 1 with an intercooler then? Planning on a bigger turbo in the future?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2016, 04:50 PM)MY95 Wrote: Looks/sounds good Smile so is this currently a stage 1 with an intercooler then? Planning on a bigger turbo in the future?

Actually although I have all the necessary bits the intercooler isn't plumbed in. Just not got round to fitting bits so they are all sitting in the workshop. Might well fit it over the valentines day weekend. And yeah I'd like a nice turbo down the back, something 200bhp capable but we all know I'll never get there before I sell/scrap it.
Thanks given by: