My smoothed estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My smoothed estate
Right, I'm not expecting to make any money off this at all tbh, but I've had my fill of this shitheap now, so I'm gauging interest to see if anyone wants the whole thing as a fixer-upper before I sell a couple of bits off it and scrap the rest.

Basically I've seen something else I'm interested in, but at this precise moment in time, I'm not 100% sure I'll be getting it. Fingers crossed though, can't put up with this for much longer.

Looking to sell it as it is, only thing you won't get in the deal is the ABM angels, car will be sold with standard ph3 crystals if it goes as one.

As it looks now:

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=26367]

Engine is currently on just over 68k, but the car spent the 5.5 years before my ownership parked up, only being used on rare occasions.

Tracking is very badly out, resulting in chewing through the inner edge of the front tyres in a month or so, I haven't had the time/motivation to sort it out myself, and every garage in the area say it's too low to track, as they can't (or don't want to) get their equipment on the wheels.

I'm still halfway through smoothing the front end, grill has been done, but bonnet needs welding up and finishing. Bootlid has been smoothed, and the solenoid for the popper has given up recently (last straw really, prompting me to look for something else), so currently have a highly technical piece of wire poked out of the top of the boot trim (on the inside, obviously) that is tied around the solenoid mechanism to pop the boot.

Sailed through it's last MOT with just 1 advisory for an oil leak, which I believe is either the feed or return to the turbo, just misting on boost, but has liberally covered the entire back of the engine in oil.

Bottom engine mount wants attention I think, there is a lot of movement from the engine when coming on/off the power, both top and gearbox mount have been changed. Also has fairly new driveshafts both sides, and a new wishbone on the passenger side, with partner P-bushes both sides.

The car has been used as my daily workhorse/family wagon since I bought it about 18 months ago, so it's not in the tidiest state ever, but nothing a good hoover won't solve. Seats are all in good condition, though far from mint. Drivers bolster has a little wear.

There are other issues, but mostly small niggly things, I've tried to think of the worst bits initially.

Also has cow-print roof lining (that's got to be worth something, surely?! lol )

I'd probably start with a price of £300 as it stands, but will be very open to offers if someone does want to take the thing as a whole.

As I say, I do drive this daily, and has only actually broken down once, I dare say someone with the space/time/motivation to fix this up could have a half decent 306 estate for their money, I've just had enough of it now though. Nospeak

Can acquire more pics if wanted, and will confirm asap as to whether it will go up for sale, so for now, feel free to ask questions and/or slate the car as much as you like. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
OK, so I put a deposit down on a 407 sw estate this afternoon, so the 306 will defo be for sale.

Tbh, I'd rather not have to break it, I'd much rather get shot of it in one hit, so if you're even vaguely interested, make me an offer!

Even if you only buy it to break it, I don't care tbh, just want rid of it. Wink
Thanks given by:
No one?
Thanks given by:
Hey mate be a shame to see it go to waste! maybe if you advertised it as non runner Hdi you would get more replies lol, was this the same estate that's beside the black dturbo in the car of the month thread from 2013?
Thanks given by:
Err, no I don't think so, I've only had this one for about 19 months.[emoji38]
I feel like I can't advertise it as a non runner, as I'm still driving it on a daily basis! Wink It's really only the fact that I don't have the time or space or motivation to fix it properly, and being a daily driven wagon, I can't afford to lose work having it off the road being fixed either! So it's got to go.
Thanks given by:
I was kidding about the "non runner ad" because of the other ad in the cars for sale thread has had lots of replies! Quite fancy a 407 SW but don't think they do a seven seater do they? I have a 307 SW se110 7 at the mo
Thanks given by:
Yeah, i got that tbh, I had seen that thread and just how many replies it's had. Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong tbh! Wink

I believe you're correct, AFAIK they don't do a 7 seater version, and tbh I was hoping to move away from French motors, but the 407 came up at the right time for the right price. This one is the 2.0 16v hdi, producing 136bhp and it's even got a 6 speed box! Felt nice and pokey on the test drive anyway, got a run down to Somerset coming up mid Feb, quite looking forward to putting it through its paces then. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah 2.0 in my 307 110 version though on a 53 plate, just nabbed a heater matrix out of a 307 xsi my mate broke up, that was a 136 6 speed and the engine went straight into an e7 taxi for a bag of sand!
Thanks given by:
Anybody for £250? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Gotta be a Gumtree car surely? Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah, might have to be. Need rid soon though tbh, haven't got the space for 2 cars here. Undecided
Thanks given by:
It'll go on gumtree in a day. Wink

Car 4 sail

Luks wew sik wiv no handels and custom paint. Gows an stops. Haz 4 gud tyrez. No swopz. Sauld az sin. £250.
Thanks given by: WiNgNuTz
(27-01-2016, 08:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It'll go on gumtree in a day. Wink

Car 4 sail

Luks wew sik wiv no handels and custom paint.  Gows an stops.  Haz 4 gud tyrez. No swopz.  Sauld az sin.  £250.

lmao

I might just give that a try! Rofl
Thanks given by:
if you were closer i'd probably have this mate, i've even got a car i'm breaking in same colour to replace the door, also surprised no one has bought it, fix a few bits, be a cool estate . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2016, 09:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've even got a car i'm breaking in same colour to replace the door

I highly doubt you have...
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2016, 09:40 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(27-01-2016, 09:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've even got a car i'm breaking in same colour to replace the door

I highly doubt you have...

why's that then? been resprayed? . .Smile looks that standard silver what is it again? can't remember the code.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's glittery.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's the standard EYCC silver, but with 2 coats of blue pearl over the top. My plan was to eventually either wrap the whole car, or get it sprayed a standard colour.

But still, I echo your thoughts Matt, if someone has enough space and time to accomodate it, this could be an awesome estate! I just haven't got space OR time to do it myself, especially now I've got the 407 on the drive as well. Wink
Thanks given by:
Well, my ex is borrowing this now for a few days while she gets her Foc-arse fixed, then I guess it's gonna have to go on Gumtree.

Seriously....no-one wants to even make me an offer? £200 to a forum member? Wink

In other news.....the 407 is a world away from the 306, love it already! Pics coming soon. Smile
Thanks given by:
id have it but i havent got any space and dont need another car.
Thanks given by:
If I shifted my non runner I would have had this more than likely
Thanks given by:
Well the ex drove it away this afternoon on a short term loan...now the barge is all legal, I'm not going back to the 306, it'll just get parked in the communal car park when she's done with it, and won't move again until I sell it. Kinda decided I cba to break it, I'll just take whatever I can get for it as a whole.
Thanks given by:
Such a shame if you was closer id have had it Sad
Thanks given by:
Have you got more pics of it?
Thanks given by:
Not as it is currently no, can get some more once the ex is done with it if you're interested? Smile
Thanks given by:
I am interested to be honest, as long as I can get rid of my non runner fairly soon, I'm quite a way away in Oxfordshire but am looking for a workhorse estate that I can have my dirty way with and not lose out on much if any.

Just wondering how come you've had enough of it, is it a pain in the bum? Or do you just not want it/ fell out of love with it anymore?

I'd have to have seen a fair few pics of it all round before making the journey (when it's not being used) if I decide to take it off your hands.
I have always wanted a hdi estate tbh
Thanks given by:
Basically, I had enough of it because it was the only vehicle I had, and a daily driven one at that. The mounting list of problems became too much for me to cope with, every time I fixed something, more went wrong. Problem is that prior to my ownership, it pretty much sat stationary for the best part of 5-6 years, only racking up 3000 miles in that time, which is as bad for a car as being driven daily.

The list of issues goes something like this:

It is leaking oil from either the feed or return to the turbo, basically sprays a fine mist when on boost, but has liberally coated the whole back of the engine and subframe.
Also leaking water from a perished rubber bung on the radiator.
Tracking is miles out, have chewed through the inside edge of a new set of front tyres in just over a month, everywhere I've taken it say they can't get their tracking equipment on it because it's too low.
Rear beam has some camber.
I believe the bottom engine mount wants replacing, there's a lot of movement from the engine when coming on and off the power, also seems to knock when changing gear, but top and gearbox mount have been changed.
Reciever/solenoid have given up on the smoothed bootlid so it won't remotely pop any more, currently has a highly technical bit of wire poking out of the inside trim to pop the boot open.
Oh, and the rubber exhaust mount by the midbox has given up, there are spares in the glove box, I just haven't had chance to change it yet, only started making a noise the other day.
O/s/f brake disc is warped.

Think that's the worst of it tbh, there may be more, but I can't think off the top of my head....

To someone that has the space and time to fix this properly, I'm sure it could be a nice little project, but for me as a daily, it's just too much now.

I will see about getting some more pics asap, and will get them up here. Smile
Thanks given by:
Some good info there thanks, sounds alright, nothing too urgent I guess and could do it step by step. Can still use it as a daily I guess.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it still runs no problem, I dare say it would happily do the run to Oxfordshire with barely a hiccup (can't say for sure something won't break part way, it is french after all. lol ).
Thanks given by:
Bonus if it made the journey haha
Thanks given by: