Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
You're still missing the point, human error might be expected once in what 100 jobs? Just using AG as an example, 100% of the screens I've been directly involved in over 5 years (4) have been wrong. When I told my Mum I was having the screen done, she told me to check the wipers afterwards as just last month a work colleague lost wipers in torrential rain at 70 as the tech hadn't tightened the arm nuts properly...how does an error like that even happen, could've caused a major accident through negligence ffs! Human error seems to happen so often I can predict the outcome before it even happens, can't think of a single company that have managed to get something 100% right recently and I know it can't just be me (mainly because I have to listen to the rest of the family complaining about the same thing lol).

The sooner humans are replaced with intelligent robots the better tbh, no 'off' days or emotions or tiredness or any of that shit, they just do the job reliably every time. Only problem there is that of course humans have to program them. Sad
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 09:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Human error seems to happen so often I can predict the outcome before it even happens, can't think of a single company that have managed to get something 100% right recently and I know it can't just be me (mainly because I have to listen to the rest of the family complaining about the same thing lol).

It's not so much that every company is making mistakes all the time, but that you only ever hear of the problems - people don't speak up to say that they had a job done to an acceptable standard, only when something goes wrong or occasionally when the company goes well above and beyond.

Well, it's either that or the companies and workers of Suffolk are particularly inept I guess....
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
So AG have just been (funny wednesday appointment!). First thing be said was how unusual it is to see green IR glass...thank f*ck for that, been wondering if I was colour blind with jj saying its purple! lol

The gel pad was in wrong and he replaced it with a newer style one that's all clear, no black outer.

And it still didn't work.

He tried resetting with his diag tool. I tried resetting it through Forscan. Still got the comms error on both diag tools.

So he's ordered a new sensor to try on wednesday... Hopefully it's that, not much else it can be tbh.
Thanks given by:
tom did you off the lad a brew? if not you are a tight arse Tongue
Thanks given by:
He doesn't have a kettle!
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 04:17 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: He doesn't have a kettle!

Or any mugs, tea, milk or sugar... So yeah, unlikely. lol

On an unrelated note, I've just been shat on by a bird so hopefully that brings some good luck...
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 04:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: On an unrelated note, I've just been shat on by a bird so hopefully that brings some good luck...

I do hope it was a leggy blonde with large assets!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 05:04 PM)cully Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 04:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: On an unrelated note, I've just been shat on by a bird so hopefully that brings some good luck...

I do hope it was a leggy blonde with large assets!

Hahahahahaha - you sir are receiving some rep for that Big Grin
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol Each to thier own I guess Paul! Confused

But no, it was a seagul that appears to have had too much curry or something... On my nice coat as well, not the cheap, crap one I usually wear. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Sorted finally. New sensor was required, cheap too at £150!! Confused
Thanks given by:
ouch!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Indeed, I may have let out an expletive when he told me the price. lol Obviously under warranty but not the point lol. That means I now have a windscreen and sensor that cost someone more than a 306... lol
Thanks given by:
So, as I've pulled the memory card from the phone and having a photobucket session there are a few more pics to stick in here...otherwise it's just full of whining. Wink

Firstly the crack was extremely dangerous and was gonna explode the whole car looked like this after a couple of months and several miles lol... Bit of anti-climax. lol

[Image: IMAG5402_zps5dle0x6l.jpg]

During replacement...

[Image: IMAG5404_zpssp4xfbd2.jpg]

New screen...

[Image: IMAG5405_zpsqodddymt.jpg]

Sensor gel pack upside down lol...superseded by a completely clear one now though.

[Image: IMAG5408_zpsk7ocwgke.jpg]

Heated screen is still epic (just don't walk too close to the A pillar lol)

[Image: IMAG5410_zpslw7fyuuw.jpg]

Since having it done I'm hearing stones flicking off it all over the place...guess it must happen all the time but now I'm consciously looking for it lol. So far no major ones, but a bird decided to christen it this morning! Dodgy

[Image: IMAG5413_zpse2zsz2mb.jpg]

Anyway, MOT runs out early next month, so it's booked in for Monday... What do we reckon it'll fail on? Tongue I'm guessing rear brake imbalance at least lol... Do I need to remove dashcam/mount for MOT btw?
Thanks given by:
id remove it for the mot, just to be safe tom.
Thanks given by:
i'd hate to meet the bird that left that mark :o
oh, it's not on the van Rofl
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
So, after fitting the worlds most expensive brake light bulb (£4.50 on trade, 8.99 floor price!) and a quick pre-mot clean the Focus passed without and advisories. Yay...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
New car in 'passing MOT' shocker Tongue

EDIT: I said new car, then realised 08 was 8 years ago.. damn. Anything past 54 is new according to me lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You realise my second 306 was only 9 at the time with a huge failure list haha!! Tongue

1st one was 12 which seemed really old at the time. lol

Edit - Y414 DBD was the reg, oddly the MOTs had been lost when I bought it....just checked on the history checker...wow... lmao
Thanks given by:
What's so special about the brake light bulbs on these? Regular run-of-the-mill bulbs used on most cars are 50p/pair on trade, hence wondering what's odd/special on these.

(18-01-2016, 04:42 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: EDIT: I said new car, then realised 08 was 8 years ago.. damn. Anything past 54 is new according to me lol

I'm the same - keep forgetting how old what I consider to be "new" cars actually are these days. The "new" style number plates appeared nearly 15 years ago now...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Clear lenses mean they use red bulbs... I've got hundreds of the clear ones. Dodgy

Probably cheaper on ebay or the like, but didn't know it'd blown until last night.

Anything older than a 10 plate seems old to me btw lol.
Thanks given by:
Boring update...just paid for another year of RFL.

Csn't complain at £30 though, it's the only thing cheap about this 'eco' DV6 haha. lol
Thanks given by:
Cleaning day today, hopefully these pics haven't been too Photobucketed otherwise they'll all look the same lol.

Few before shots -

[Image: IMG_20160226_104420034_zpsvzonwwum.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160226_104429750_zpskwma9w8v.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160226_104434482_zpsb3li7ju0.jpg]

Jetwashed the worst off - used a 'new' end for the jetwash, it must have been there all along but never noticed it before lol. Kinda makes little circles of water which is really effective tbf!

[Image: IMG_20160226_105906993_zpskqurgzub.jpg]

Shampoo'd with Mer and a wash mitt in one bucket (oh no!) then rinsed

[Image: IMG_20160226_110741121_zpsjmrinuzu.jpg]

Clayed using the clay mitt and some cheap shite shampoo in a bucket to lubricate, mixed opinions on this but it seemed to work well for me.

[Image: IMG_20160226_112120833_zpsb7demjyg.jpg]

Rinsed again

[Image: IMG_20160226_112651204_zps1bxafr10.jpg]

Dried with drying towel

[Image: IMG_20160226_113711589_zpssq05xc81.jpg]

Tried out a new product, bought it well over a year ago but never had the balls to try it lol. I've only ever used SRP before which doesn't actually cut, it just fills imperfections...but means you can't ruin the paint with it lol. So anyway, decided to give the Megs Ultimate Compound a go...it's basically like whitening toothpaste lol, white and gritty... No idea if I even used it right lol, it did seem to work ok though.

[Image: IMG_20160226_121125689_zpsqn0d2m72.jpg]

Then time for Poorboys Paste wax, this stuff is ridiculously easy to use.

[Image: IMG_20160226_124108217_zpsy2jqdgct.jpg]

After wax

[Image: IMG_20160226_131320351_zpszhxxtjjo.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160226_131327953_zps31azesrg.jpg]

AG bumper snot on the grey plastics (they're meant to be grey, haven't faded lol, shame they didn't make them black though imo). Don't really rate this stuff tbh.

[Image: IMG_20160226_132609728_HDR_zps5pwsakmi.jpg]

Cleaned windows with regular window cleaner, no pics though.

Megs Endurance Gel on the Tyres...great stuff but messy to apply, been recommended some new stuff from a detailer on another forum when this runs out.

[Image: IMG_20160226_133832690_zpsuxt2bmgi.jpg]

Epic reflection (ignore the standard orange peel lol)

[Image: IMG_20160226_134401382_HDR_zpsuigeduyd.jpg]

Exterior finished

[Image: IMG_20160226_134558862_zps0oqo8ydv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160226_134610591_zpsyu1ufpuq.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160226_134619267_zpsxz4rx6rd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20160226_134653361_zpsd8eroxcy.jpg]

Interior hardly gets dirty with only me in it! Just gave the floor a quick hoover

[Image: IMG_20160226_134643001_HDR_zpsbn0gxyaj.jpg]

That's it for now!

Oh, also, one for those people having to stand outside scraping ice in the mornings... Tongue

[Image: IMAG5452_zpstzijteqt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The claymitt... What make? Cost much?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2016, 07:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: The claymitt... What make? Cost much?

G3, wait for halfords to do a 3 for 2.
Thanks given by:
Yep, G3. Think it cost about a tenner on it's own but was in the 3 for 2, bought it about a year ago now.

It's very quick and easy to use, and leaves the surface 'feeling' smooth. Being a black car though it's hard to visually see if it removes as much as proper clay.

Should also be used with clay lube rather than shampoo ideally.
Thanks given by:
Looking very clean! Just a shame its a Ford Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Shame it's a DV6!! lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah the ford bit is fine...its the french engines lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I tried one of those clay mitts, doesnt in any way compare too a proper clay bar but good enough for a quick job

cars looking good tom Smile will definitely be the one to buy when you sell!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I find megs endurance gel lasts much longer than most. Use a pot and a small brush to apply it though, goes on well.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by: