Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
That crack looks to be larger than 40mm and within the swept area which would make it an MOT failure (section 8.3.1.d)
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
But outside of zone A, only if it affects drivers view of the road I think? It doesn't affect me at all...the tax disc would've been more of an obstruction if we still had those.
Thanks given by:
Zone A is 10mm, outside of zone A but within the swept area is 40mm.

Given that it can be seen from the drivers seat and is within the swept area, as far as I'm aware that's sufficient for it to fail. An example is those stick-on deep sun-strips that were common a few years back which fail if they encroach on the swept area despite not impeding immediate view of the road.

I don't believe the original damage would have been a failure as it was below the wiper blade and hence not in the swept area.

Tax disks, parking permits etc are all treated slightly differently btw and are allowed unless they "seriously restrict the drivers view"
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Cracks are a failure if they fall wthin the swept area, it's just chips that are allowed by size. Or at least that's how i read it, it's all wide open to interpretation. I've got a feeling they're even updating the regs so it's a failure even if it doesn't fall in the swept area.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It does seem to be open to discretion. A tester over on the other forum says he wouldn't fail it due to not affecting vision and the police/VOSA should be the same, there is a note about vision in the regs apparently. However he agrees that it's reduced the rigidity of the car and should be changed when possible.
Thanks given by:
I always thought it was how Poodle described. 40mm chip in zone B, 10mm in zone A and any cracks regardless of size are a failure.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
This is what I've been given on the other forum -

From the driver’s seat, check the view of the road through the swept area of the windscreen. Only fail the
vehicle if there is damage or an obstruction -
 in zone A, greater than a 10mm diameter circle and which materially affects the driver’s view
of the road.
 in the remainder of the swept area, greater than a 40mm diameter circle and which materially
affects the driver’s view of the road.
Note: Where any damage or obstruction does not impair the driver’s view of the road, the vehicle should
pass. If it only affects the driver’s view of the sky or the bonnet then this is not to be considered a reason
for rejection. This is a general assessment of driver’s view – you are not required to speculate on the
effects on tall or short drivers. Any manufacturer’s original design characteristics are to be accepted.

Seeing as it only obscures my view of the wiper blade currently, it shouldn't fail.
Thanks given by:
Anyway, enough about my crack! Confused

Scanned for faults with Forscan yesterday... NONE!! None in 2 weeks is a record, hopefully that record will continue further. Wink

Also, passed 59k yesterday, getting close to the big six oh... (yes, mpg isn't as good on this tank so far lol)

[Image: IMAG5253_zpscbtuqeis.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you and your mpg tom! do you dream about it in your sleep? Tongue
Thanks given by:
I have nightmares about it sometimes...seeing anything in the 40s on the TC.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 08:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I have nightmares about it sometimes...seeing anything in the 40s on the TC.... Tongue

I had a nightmare last night where my grandad backed his tractor into the side of my car. Needless to say i was not happy.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Lol. I have all sorts of horrific nightmares tbf. Have a recurring one about crashing a Blaze 6 with snap oversteer off a roundabout. As if I'd drive a Blaze!! Confused lol
Thanks given by:
I love that color. Guilty pleasure.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Passed 60k last week... MPG is getting worse. Confused

[Image: IMAG5352_zpsdprpovsz.jpg]

On an unrelated note, does anyone have free access to Glasses Price Guide or similar? Interested to know how much (or little!) it's worth now. Though it does have a few rare options that should keep it higher than a standard Titanium, not sure if they can be taken into account.
Thanks given by:
Probably £3500ish?
Thanks given by:
Bit more than that I wouldve thought but looking for a proven figure from glasses or something ideally.
Thanks given by:
For comparison. I recently sold a mint 2007 1.8 TDCI GHIA with full ford history and 70k mileage for £2400
Thanks given by:
But that's a Mk2 not 2.5. Archaic and high tax 1.8TDCi not the sought after 1.6TDCi. And lesser spec Ghia not Titanium.

Like comparing a ph2 1.4 LX 306 with a ph3 HDi Meridian lol.
Thanks given by:
So around the £3000 mark would be realistic by the sounds of it.
Thanks given by:
We can all pick numbers out of the air lol, I'm looking for book figures, as already stated. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
People rarely go by 'book' figures though, they just compete with the market.. Ie. Look at what similar ones are going for online. Optional extras tend not to add resale value.
Thanks given by:
£3600 private sale according to What Car.
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2015, 11:09 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: People rarely go by 'book' figures though, they just compete with the market.. Ie. Look at what similar ones are going for online. Optional extras tend not to add resale value.

The options do make a difference when they're rare. Full heated leathers in a UK spec mk2.5 Titanium are like hens teeth as they never made an 'X' spec version so had to be opted for at daft money. I agree things like privacy glass probably don't add value. The market seems to vary massively which is why I was after book figures, you can find them between £3-6.5k on ebay/autotrader etc.

(13-12-2015, 11:53 AM)306carter Wrote: £3600 private sale according to What Car.

Crikey, if that's all it's worth it's depreciated quicker this year than the year it left the showroom. lol Oh well.
Thanks given by:
Just booked a windscreen replacement for Weds... Gonna miss the crack tbh, been there 2 months/2500miles now, I've owned cars for less time than that lol. Sad lol

I assume the AG guys carry card readers as they didn't take payment online?

Next job is MOT mid January...hopefully I'll get it booked in with Bash. Wink
Thanks given by:
dw tom. im sure you wont miss the crack after two weeks without it. stay strong.
Thanks given by:
Not sure how I'll cope without the crack tbh... Almost like I'm addicted to it... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
God I hate being right so often. Dodgy

First issue - the system hadn't recognised my insurance so had to find proof or I'd be paying full price...£502! That's online so took 5 mins to warm up the laptop to find it...

Second issue - The wrong screen...wish I'd put a bet on that. Tongue It turns out the screen had been labelled wrong, as the label itself was correct, but the screen had no IR coating or badges... If they've labelled a whole batch wrong it could be interesting for them...

I must admit, the guy arrived on time and knew his stuff, he immediately said the glass looked wrong before phoning his manager to check. Apologised for the inconvenience and insisted he'd fit like for like so we're 'hopefully' going for the same time tomorrow. Knowing my luck it'll be torrential rain or something. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Oh you've got one of those horrible purple solar screens? :p

It won't be a batch as the supplier labels each one with the job sticker before it goes out
Thanks given by:
Nah this ones not purple, still green but coated silver on the outside as silver's reflective lol...
Thanks given by:
Does it have IR in a circle on each side at the bottom?
Thanks given by: