Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!!
(27-08-2015, 09:44 AM)silverzx Wrote: So it was an insurance scam to begin with.

Well played...

Well played indeed.
What?
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure they won't give you £3.5k for it... Confused
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 09:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I'm pretty sure they won't give you £3.5k for it... Confused
Oh yeah, only insured at £3k so won't get more than that but it's a good start for a haggling point Especially as mine is rarer, lower mileage, has more history etc.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I'll be surprised if you get £3k for it, I'm sure you're a much better haggler than I would be though lol!
Thanks given by:
But what if the engine is fine?!

Then its just carpets and seats?! Boohoo. Not a big job.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You missed out 'Tit' from the title.

As in - "the driver of this rare 306 was obviously a right tit"
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
How can water *damage* 12v electrics, it won't conduct well enough to get any current flow to cause any damage, the oddness you're seeing is probably silt in a relay, as said, flush with fresh water... The worst that will happen is that you get silt or corrosion in a control module... But all the units inside cars are conformally coated, think what happens every time your car steams up...

The electrics won't have any damage if you dry them... If you break it it's merely because you can't be arsed rather than any other reason...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Chris I don't think you understand. The loom will not need replacing. It's just copper. It's not damaged. The weird behaving electrics will have been relays or control modules. Both stupidly simple and cheap to do on a 306
That is easily recoverable and not uncommon in floods. I find it ironic that the man who doesn't mind having a turbo sitting on his steering colum and is happy to smash bits out of the bulkhead is saying that he doesn't know what planet we live on!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
you wont even get 1K through insurance!

probably some clause saying neglect and they will void the insurance as you drove it for a swim
not like it was parked then flooded

id buy it from you for scrap value and collect Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
For 100 quid I'll have it. Will help.make the zr look better
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 10:27 AM)Ruan Wrote: If you break it it's merely because you can't be arsed rather than any other reason...

Just like basically every other project....
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I am terrible with electrics, you all know this. I know it won't be a copper wire thats an issue, it'll be those f*cking pins, plugs and sensors that we all know like to corrode that'll be an issue after having sat in water. Also although the wires will be fine copper does corrode in things like fan motors, alternators and starter motors all of which have been submerged. That alongside the interior filled with sewage water and will need replaced, not dried.

Yes I could put it back on the road but it isn't economical in either time or financially.

Cully when I wen't in the water was alot shallower, it rose about a foot while the car was broken down there and that is what's caused the main issue so I should get paid out.
Thanks given by:
You cant prove that though as you didn't take pics quick enough? Not trying to be an arse, just know how much insurance companies don't like paying lol.

I do agree it's not an economical repair though.
Thanks given by:
If its worth 3k it is!
Replacement carpets and seats, a new starter motor and alternator and heater fan... Couple cans of contact cleaner and grease. Weekends work.
That cant cost £3k. Even if you paid a garage to do it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get the write-off value from insurance but buy back the wreckage of the car for approx £200 and sell that to someone on here so at least the car will live on under someone else's ownership and you get money for a new one from insurance?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:18 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You cant prove that though as you didn't take pics quick enough?  Not trying to be an arse, just know how much insurance companies don't like paying lol.

I do agree it's not an economical repair though.

Yeah I thought that afterwards, it filled up bloody quick while it was still raining, should of got a photo while you could still see the kerb but we live and learn. You can also bet that they'll try and claim that I wasn't the first person to get stuck and so should of seen the other stranded cars and not gone in.

I'm glad someone can see it's not economical. A rallye with a snapped belt is usually about £500 needing a £300 engine whereas this needs engine, interior and electrical fault finding. I don't think people realise quite how deep it ended up, my side repeaters have water in them.
Thanks given by:
How do you KNOW it needs an engine!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: If its worth 3k it is!
Replacement carpets and seats, a new starter motor and alternator and heater fan... Couple cans of contact cleaner and grease. Weekends work.
It can mate, when was the last time you saw a rallye interior for sale? and to strip, clean and refit would take AT LEAST 2 days of garage time plus the electrical issues plus the engine. How much do you trust the dip stick seal when it's under water and how much would you trust the fuel tank breather when the whole fuel tank is under water. Plus if they decide to fix it they have to give me a curtosey car. Anyway I don't know why we are discussing it as the insurance have already decided that they are writing it off.

(27-08-2015, 11:22 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Get the write-off value from insurance but buy back the wreckage of the car for approx £200 and sell that to someone on here so at least the car will live on under someone else's ownership and you get money for a new one from insurance?
Yeah the shell is going to go to someone else here if I can get buyback sorted at a fair price.
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: If its worth 3k it is!

It isn't worth £3k though...

There might be some priced that online, until they've sold it's irrelevant. I've halved the price of the Fiesta now because it seems I overpriced it to start with... Cars are only worth what someone will pay.

I really don't see how you could clean the inside unless you literally strip everything from the shell first, inc dash and everything behind it...can you imagine replacing the carpets and seats then turning the heater on and blowing sewage smells through the heater box with the warm matrix enhancing the shitty smell...not to mention the bacteria and diseases you'd be spreading round the car! The time involved to do that would cost Chris a weeks work if not more, not worth it imo! Could break it or sell it cheap to someone who has time and space to do it, but if the insurance payout is reasonable that's the most financially viable option imo.
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:29 AM)Piggy Wrote: How do you KNOW it needs an engine!?

I don't know she needs and engine but I do know that Matt hydrolocked his in a similar depth and when I tried to restart her she felt 'heavy' as it tried to turn over.

Consider it as this;
I don't know that you wouldn't shag me if I was the last human left on earth but from the available evidence I'm pretty confident in the fact. Same difference with the engine.
Thanks given by:
yes its uneconomic to repair for the insurance companys, cars of less than 1 year old flooded got written off when the somerset levels got flooded

the only thing that makes it uneconomic for yourself is time and knowledge to put it right Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:38 AM)cully Wrote: the only thing that makes it uneconomic for yourself is time and knowledge to put it right Wink

And the amount of sewage your willing to put up with in a car.
Thanks given by:
il wait for it to appear on COPART and put a sneaky bid on Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:39 AM)cully Wrote: il wait for it to appear on COPART and put a sneaky bid on Wink

Yeah I think it's COPART that are picking it up.
Thanks given by:
sewage can be cleaned m8 are they knocking the houses down that were flooded too?

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Who opens a house door if it's flooded!? Keep the water outside... Confused
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:40 AM)cully Wrote: sewage can be cleaned m8 are they knocking the houses down that were flooded too?
Yeah but soaked into all the sound deadening (including the bit behind the dash) and been up probably past the level of the bottom of the heater blower? Just to swap that bit behind the dash would be 2+ days of work as it requires removal of steering column and pedals IIRC.
Thanks given by:
your beginning to sound like Tom Tongue

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Man I would still buy it
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 11:47 AM)cully Wrote: your beginning to sound like Tom Tongue

Quick Chris, better change your mind before it's too late! lol

Seriously though, he's made his choice, and being a policeman will probably help him out with the insurance, so why is keeping it even still being discussed? lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oh bugger dog house tonight cully 10 3,128 14-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  pain in the arse! procta 14 4,192 22-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Goodwood Racing - Made My Arse Twitch bigcheez2k3 1 1,406 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Chris_90