Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
She's here

[Image: DSC_0430_zps801h34hm.jpg]

Definitely earns the name of "state" needs alot of tlc but for some reason I'm not put off really considering putting the work in to get it looking better.

Thanks given by:
Decided to give it a wash see if I would like it more

[Image: FB_IMG_1433881685280_zpsuy6vceth.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1433881698249_zpsiwlkflrm.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1433881717321_zpsbyf7bny6.jpg]

With all the comments I'm getting about how cool it is etc making me want to keep it.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
I like a zx estate, first zx i had was an estate - only got scrapped recently too

glad you're warming to it, they're a nice car Smile

do give me a shout if you ever decide to move it on
Thanks given by:
I would agree has a nice look about it
Thanks given by:
Decided to get this in the air eailer today, just as ash come round to have a nosey

[Image: DSC_0462_zps7mnazj5p.jpg]

Tried to get locking wheel nuts off and immediately snapped the locking wheel nut key Angry but because ash was here he helped smash a socket over them and get all four out.
I poked around with a screw driver found loads of rust here there and every were (nothing that can't be fixed) then left it to have dinner.

Few hours later was board so decided to have another play and a hour and half later it was all stripped down.

[Image: DSC_0464_zpsyllwhwa7.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0466_zpsu3eyazot.jpg]

So list that it needs are as follows

2x tyres
Front and rear wishbone bushes
1 ball joint
Clutch (new one was with car)
Drivers side wheel bearing
plenty of welding
Front indicator
Front arch guards (is no arch guards an mot fail???)

Think that's everything but no doubt something else will crop up.

So plans are fit the gt20 off ash's estate with my arp's and just run a low tune so I don't kill clutch, hopefully make it alot more drivable with a gt20 on.

And hopefully get all this done before pugfest.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Arch liners aren't an MOT failure
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2015, 08:21 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Arch liners aren't an MOT failure

Ok cool might not bother with them, just under seal the shit out of them once I've sorted welding.

Thanks given by:
I rather like that estate!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 11:25 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I rather like that estate!

Thanks hopefully it will be on road in next couple of weeks. As I've booked pugfest tickets for it to be on a stand.

Thanks given by:
Never seen one of these before, didn't realise they did an estate! Looks awesome dude.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 10:05 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Never seen one of these before, didn't realise they did an estate! Looks awesome dude.

There few and far between, standard ones look horrid if I'm honest this with the colour coded bumpers and missing trim off boot, door trims removed etc all help it look better.

Little bit of an update

Can't do much because of weather, so been collecting bits.

New Picasso P bush's
Wheel bearing
Genuine drive shaft seals
Cv boot
Powerflex front bush (£25 from euro car parts!!)
Gear box oil

Think that's it need to find a inlet/exhaust manifold gasket because euro don't sell them apparently.

So took wheel bearing to be pressed in this morning and the circlip that holds it in has just disintegrated so I need a new hub.

So decided to get old bushes out if wishbones worst job ever hate doing them! Need my own press!

Then my mate brought some leather die round so started on passenger seat just had 1 coat and it's a million times better already. Gonna give it a few more coats then seal it with gloss sealer.

[Image: DSC_0472_zpssjfxkcjk.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0474_zpsyxv9ihaw.jpg]

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
New bearing should come with a new circlip... :S Know what you mean about the estates looking terrible as standard, much as this isn't really my thing it's certainly an improvement lol. Can you get anything done about that driver's seat?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-06-2015, 09:36 PM)Poodle Wrote: New bearing should come with a new circlip... :S Know what you mean about the estates looking terrible as standard, much as this isn't really my thing it's certainly an improvement lol. Can you get anything done about that driver's seat?

Yer it has come with a new circlip but because the old one has rusted in solid and it's turning to dust ever time I tried to get it out its pretty much scrap. Yer drivers seat is getting sorted I left it just to show a comparison between the 2 only because I for got to take a before photo of the passenger seat. Was basically same as drivers just not as worn on bolster.

Thanks given by:
Inlet Exhaust Gasket

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/372545010/p/home

or ECP part no.

Thanks given by:
Jesus christ dont think Ive ever seen a zx estate. Looks weird!
Thanks given by:
Bloody young'uns! A Green one used to pass me on the cycle to school everyday! I was at school when the silver one was built. Tongue
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I drove past a green estate local to me today.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2015, 10:15 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Inlet Exhaust Gasket

or ECP part no.

Awsome cheers for that, how come it doesn't come up under reg number?

Thanks given by:
(15-06-2015, 10:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

or ECP part no.

Not 100% sure on that, must of done back along though as I've used a number of 309 1.9TD registrations.

I knew I had the part number saved so just thought I'd try it to see if it would still come up.

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/372545010/p/home

bit cheaper here too.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2015, 08:20 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(15-06-2015, 10:59 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

or ECP part no.

Not 100% sure on that, must of done back along though as I've used a number of 309 1.9TD registrations.

I knew I had the part number saved so just thought I'd try it to see if it would still come up.

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/372545010/p/home

bit cheaper here too.

Thanks for that.

Managed to pick up one from ash

The zx 'state is now on a gt20 Smile needs a new oil line as for some reason it's leaking from the braid bit but easy fix. Will do an update with pics when I can be bothered.

Thanks given by:
good to see it getting there mate. you sure its the hose leaking and not a fitting on one of the ends? was fine in the state Smile

p.s this would look better on nimrods Wink
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2015, 09:12 PM)ash23 Wrote: good to see it getting there mate. you sure its the hose leaking and not a fitting on one of the ends? was fine in the state Smile

p.s this would look better on nimrods Wink

lol it looks like the hose because on both ends it's clean from oil just leaking it the middle, in gonna get it it off soon and check, might have been caught on something as I've thrown it around shed Wink

Thanks given by:
Few more updates on the estate

Fitted new clutch

[Image: DSC_0485_zpswqhqtx2d.jpg]

Fitted gt2052

[Image: IMG_20150616_220833_zpsf5jqs3ui.jpg]

Fitted arp's

[Image: DSC_0496_zpskigmsgrx.jpg]

Seats are coming along to

[Image: received_10207146506846541_zpsw5y4a49h.jpeg]

[Image: DSC_0518_zpsah8jlhm5.jpg]

Not looking bad if I say so myself self

Fitted and wired in the boost gauge

[Image: DSC_0517_zpsu4sudnux.jpg]

Also done some of the welding.....

Still loads and loads to do looking less likely as every day goes by I won't be at pugfest in it Sad was really hoping it would be ready.

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. Super jealous. Would love one of these.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2015, 08:39 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks awesome. Super jealous. Would love one of these.

It's a nice car but needs alot if tlc to make it decent, the wings, front bumper, roof etc starting to annoy me now.

Thanks given by:
Done an impressive job sorting out that driver's seat, fair play!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
YES!

SO glad you are guna hit this with some boost n ARPs!

Epic estate happenings!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2015, 05:44 AM)Poodle Wrote: Done an impressive job sorting out that driver's seat, fair play!

Thanks the dye has done all the work I rubbed it over a few times with dye and sealer took no more than 30mins of that of time just a day in between coats to let it dry. Looks a million times better.

(27-06-2015, 06:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: YES!

SO glad you are guna hit this with some boost n ARPs!

Epic estate happenings!

Hope it is epic, got a lot of love for the volcane it's gonna take something special to make me want to swap to something else.

This is very close to being finished now, I'm missing a couple of vital bolts one wishbone one gearbox that I've missed placed so need to find them a small patch of welding on the rear sill then mot time. I'll do a proper update with pics etc when I get time, hopefully will be at pugfest in it. All tho I won't have time to sort the body work so hopefully people look beyond that and see what it will become with some tlc.

Thanks given by:
So today the volcane failed it's mot today, mainly rear brakes and few little bits, but because I've spent so much money on the estate (that still isn't ready) I don't have the money to finish either...... In a very bad situation with them both at the min so unsure what way to go now because as they are there not worth that much with little/no mot....

So if any one wants to make an offer on the volcane as it is I may consider it.

Thanks given by:
I'll give you 300 for it Wink that sucks tho that it's failed it there much ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,380 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,683 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,629 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton