Prat of the day award goes to ----

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prat of the day award goes to ----
Me.

After spending a shit load of time and money dropping in an engine, I went to go for a spin without the bonnet catch struggling to get the cable to work, being a little bit complacent, the results below. Wouldn't want to say what speeds were involved.

[Image: 20150618_222053_zpsfyx53fzy.jpg]
[Image: 20150618_222113_zpsndkhd6tt.jpg]
[Image: 20150618_222121_zpskvylxopx.jpg]

Will it T cut out?
Thanks given by:
did the safety catch not hold it then?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Nope it didn't Sad

You live to learn, any ideas how I can get that top dent out for a new windscreen?
Thanks given by:
Oops! Sad

I doubt you can fit a new screen without a new roofskin now, it'll never be perfectly 'square' if you try and pull or push it out. Undecided
Thanks given by:
Shit..

New shell time, or a professional repair.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I know I'm fked.
Thanks given by:
bad luck m8

ive got a moonstone bonnet and could cut the roof off a 3 door shell Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
By you not saying what speed you were doing, i'm guessing it wasn't 30mph lol

Must've shit yourself when it happened? 

Probably better off buying another non runner 306 for cheap and swapping the engine, again lol
Thanks given by:
Had a bonnet fly up on mine doing 40 and that did considerably less damage than this, I'm guessing at least 70...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Little bit off :rollseyes

Having a quick look online and it people are saying write off. NEVVVVER
Thanks given by:
I'd say its a write off for sure, unless you do some pikey repair on it which will never be right.
Thanks given by:
you silly fool!!
two pieces of advice, If a job is going really, well stop. come back to it tomorrow, as you will be on a mental high
the other, if things are starting to go tits up, stop and come back again tomorrow, that way it saves this sort of things happening, as you will be recharged and less wound up.

id sort out a bonnet and window screen for a start, and then go around for a few quotes to see what the piece will be for a roof repair. or even to replace a second hand unit in place.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2015, 11:07 PM)procta Wrote: you silly fool!!  
two pieces of advice, If a job is going really, well stop. come back to it tomorrow, as you will be on a mental high
the other, if things are starting to go tits up, stop and come back again tomorrow, that way it saves this sort of things happening, as you will be recharged and less wound up.  

id sort out a bonnet and window screen for a start, and then go around for a few quotes to see what the piece will be for a roof repair. or even to replace a second hand unit in place.

Noone is going to fit a new windscreen to that, the hole for it to fit in isnt even the same anymore  Confused
Thanks given by:
Aw, dude! That sucks Sad

Imho, I think you need a new shell. As above, you're gonna struggle to get a place to fit a windscreen now and as you have said, you live and learn.

What you want is a nice old 'P' reg in faded cherry and create a monster using your moonstone for a donor Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Time to find a car with a buggers engine and do the job again.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
In the South West we like to call that a "Drive onnnnnn" jobby. Shy
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
lol, heading to a scrappy tomorrow. Going to be taking the windscreen off, than chopping at the pillars and then make a cut off from the roof and then weld it on mine. Yaaay, not :/
Thanks given by:
Why not cut along the gutters and just do the roof to save f*cking with pillars?
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2015, 04:08 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Why not cut along the gutters and just do the roof to save f*cking with pillars?

This..?
Thanks given by:
I'm not too sure if the pillars have held up. So from the donor vehicle I'll be cutting the pillars off but wont be using them if I don't. there's defo protrusion on the first roof crossmember.

It's like that guy on .net if some of you remember, smashed his blaze dturbo on the way back from picking it up.
Thanks given by:
I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up. Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up. Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

Yeah you was there.. It was jorges old one, he sold it, the guy was driving to a show (fcs maybe) and wrote it off on the motorway
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2015, 04:05 PM)pugbug Wrote: lol, heading to a scrappy tomorrow. Going to be taking the windscreen off, than chopping at the pillars and then make a cut off from the roof and then weld it on mine. Yaaay, not :/

Please don't do this.

If you actually have an accident, the car will NOT hold up in any sort of the way it should. Or if you end up on the roof, the pillars will not have the strength they should. They're not the most amazingly strong cars around anyway, chopping and welding the roof back on is a plain bad idea.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
chopping the roof itself is fine, but not the pillars, the roof skin stops at the gutters and windscreen, drill the spotwelds not cut.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
^^^^This sounds do-able but like Ruan said, it's a bit of a bad idea Sad

Is a donor car shell just out of the question?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
if you break it pal...I could be interested in some panels
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2015, 08:21 AM)Ruan Wrote: Please don't do this.

If you actually have an accident, the car will NOT hold up in any sort of the way it should. Or if you end up on the roof, the pillars will not have the strength they should. They're not the most amazingly strong cars around anyway, chopping and welding the roof back on is a plain bad idea.

This. It will never be structurally sound again if you weld the pillars.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
its ok to cut the pillars from the donor car, get roof home and drill out the spot welds. Then get a body shop to fit the replacement panel for you.

(19-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up.  Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

(19-06-2015, 07:02 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(19-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I remember Jorge writing off his Saxo back on .net when the bonnet flew up.  Can't remember a blaze one though, may've been before my time.

Yeah you was there.. It was jorges old one, he sold it, the guy was driving to a show (fcs maybe) and wrote it off on the motorway

I remember that too, he fitted a carbon fibre job if I remember right, I wonder where our Jorge is now.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2015, 02:20 PM)procta Wrote:  I wonder where our Jorge is now.

upside down in a ditch trapped by his belts and carbon roof skin Itwasntme

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
He had a BMW last I saw.... Probably trolling Bimmer forums now. lol
Thanks given by: