Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
trolley jack recommendations
#1
I need a new trolley jack for home use has anyone got any recommendations i like the look of the sgs ones bit has anyone got any experience of them??
#2
I got one of their low profile jacks for xmas, yet to use it but got it on the strength of other peoples recommendations.
SGS stuff seem to get great reviews and they aren't to pricey either
#3
Wow them sgs ones are cheap even cheaper with this current deal.lots of reviews on them aswell,got to be worth a punt for 33 pound.


http://www.sgs-engineering.com/tjl2-2-to...tAodlUIAIw
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#4
I like the look of the 3 ton low profile jack for £132
#5
(05-01-2015, 12:34 AM)7057sam Wrote: Wow them sgs ones are cheap even cheaper with this current deal.lots of reviews on them aswell,got to be worth a punt for 33 pound.


http://www.sgs-engineering.com/tjl2-2-to...tAodlUIAIw
If you go to Halfords with trade card their low entry Jack is £32.

But sgs is pretty good, they're rather local to me.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#6
(06-01-2015, 01:36 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 12:34 AM)7057sam Wrote: Wow them sgs ones are cheap even cheaper with this current deal.lots of reviews on them aswell,got to be worth a punt for 33 pound.


http://www.sgs-engineering.com/tjl2-2-to...tAodlUIAIw
If you go to Halfords with trade card their low entry Jack is £32.

But sgs is pretty good, they're rather local to me.

I have the halfords entry one, had it for the last 5 years and it's done the job no problems, £50 came with axle stands, wheel chucks and a trolley to lay on all still working Smile
#7
Anyone else have the issue of the halfords low entry jack going down when it's holding the car in the air?
#8
I have we Halford one ok and I'm ruff with it lol
#9
no, because axle stands.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#10
(10-05-2015, 12:52 PM)welshpug Wrote: no, because axle stands.

This. Every time
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#11
(10-05-2015, 02:30 PM)Connor Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 12:52 PM)welshpug Wrote: no, because axle stands.

This. Every time

QFT. Never work under your car without axle stands. 
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#12
A big one lol
On a serious note the aluminium "race jacks" are good. I have a blueproint one and it's so light and easy to throw about. Think it's 7 pumps to the top Wink

[attachment=23080]

   
#13
(10-05-2015, 03:15 PM)Ollie Wrote: A big one lol
On a serious note the aluminium "race jacks" are good.  I have a blueproint one and it's so light and easy to throw about.  Think it's 7 pumps to the top Wink

Same as mine and its a quality bit of kit albeit probably more expensive than the average home user wants to spend!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#14
Ha it was going down before I had the chance to get the axle stands in!
#15
as I said mines served me well Smile


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welder recommendations blaze_the_6 38 21,729 29-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Last Post: silverzx

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)