Any plumbers on here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any plumbers on here?
Just wondering what the demand is like at the moment and what the average self emplyed earnings are/can potentially be

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Do it.
Train to be a pipefitter if you can because you can always do a plumbers job, not the other way round.

I was on a job before Christmas, if you did all the hours Monday-Sunday, before tax you'd earn £2200 a week

I'm currently on a job 20 mins from my house. 7am - 4pm and taking home after tax a month around £2500.

You've got to come to a compromise though, you're either driving for over 4 hours a day (or lodging) earning mega money. Or close to home earning less.

All of this of course is site work. Domestic plumbing I can't really comment
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 01:07 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Do it.
Train to be a pipefitter if you can because you can always do a plumbers job, not the other way round.

I was on a job before Christmas, if you did all the hours Monday-Sunday, before tax you'd earn £2200 a week

I'm currently on a job 20 mins from my house. 7am - 4pm and taking home after tax a month around £2500.

You've got to come to a compromise though, you're either driving for over 4 hours a day (or lodging) earning mega money. Or close to home earning less.

All of this of course is site work. Domestic plumbing I can't really comment

f*ck me, I need to become a plumber!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
That's being a pipefitter not a plumber Wink
Thanks given by:
I know the guys that weld the oil pipes in America make a shit ton for similar work. It's crazy what you can get.
Thanks given by:
Ive been known to plug a few holes... but im no plumber.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 06:50 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Ive been known to plug a few holes... but im no plumber.

Mate, I bet you have these jokes on tap.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Don't be taken in by the train2trade courses or whatever they're calling themselves now, parent company is the metropolitan international school or something like that, google it and you'll see why.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 07:02 PM)Poodle Wrote: Don't be taken in by the train2trade courses or whatever they're calling themselves now, parent company is the metropolitan international school or something like that, google it and you'll see why.

110% agreed with this. These "intensive" courses are crap. Ive seen 5 week wonder "fully trained" electricians struggling to work out wiring to maintained lighting before! The plumbing is the same. They just teach you the bare basics to pass a course and you will end up knowing f*ck all basically.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 06:54 PM)Grant Wrote:
(18-02-2015, 06:50 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Ive been known to plug a few holes... but im no plumber.

Mate, I bet you have these jokes on tap.

Yeh they are flowing well tonight. Nice to see you pipe up!
Thanks given by:
Becoming a plumber is just a pipe dream for most!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
haha! Im bursting with laughter. Keep pumping them out mate! Id hate to see ubend over for plumbers rates round here!

Come on guys? No more puns? I cant sink of any more.... i feel drained...
Thanks given by:
We're being showered by puns at the moment.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 07:38 PM)RetroPug Wrote: We're being showered by puns at the moment.

Terrible... its obviously not your bidet.
Thanks given by:
Just overflowing with puns in here!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 07:40 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(18-02-2015, 07:38 PM)RetroPug Wrote: We're being showered by puns at the moment.

Terrible... its obviously not your bidet.

Sorry, I know you don't want this thread to get watered down.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You guys need to pipe down with the puns.

But yeah, i'm currently doing a level 2 in motor vehicle but was considering a self employed domestic plumber job as i always hear about plumbers being very well paid
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2015, 07:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote: haha! Im bursting with laughter. Keep pumping them out mate! Id hate to see ubend over for plumbers rates round here!

Come on guys? No more puns? I cant sink of any more.... i feel drained...

When did this shit stop being something embarrassing your uncle does?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I didn't find plumber to be that well paid... ~600 a week and you always end up stuck lying with your face next to a bog with your arms bent bloody and numb trying to reach round the to the back of the taps of a bath at some ungodly hour.

gas engineer.... 1k easy 2k hard. but the overheads.... oh the overheads, and you better really love driving..
drainage.... can be /very/ well paid but you don't get much shitter jobs.

Not to sound like an echo chamber, but those intensive courses are treated with the disdain they deserve by plumbers and sparks. College with actual job experience under a decent plumber is the thing.

Nepotism tends to be the best training, as a lot of gas engineers are reticent to train the opposition as it were, so mate work can be tricky to get.

oh and top tip.. drink black coffee.
Thanks given by:
Why black coffee?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heating Engineers/Plumbers? - Heatrae Sadia Megaflow Pressure Question Toms306 30 7,556 16-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Plumbers? 306carter 3 1,477 28-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno