Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thank god for broadband...
#1
Finally got round to setting up my staff account with work and installing the XL30 broadband. Been living off the 10Mb connection for the last 2 years, before that it was only 2Mb, and now the likes of youtube and streaming sites have upped their speeds I could only watch youtube in 240p or less, if one of us was downloading then the others could hardly use the net.

Now on 30Mb the difference is huge. Just downloaded the entire first series of Game of Thrones (5.4Gb DVD rip) in half an hour, can stream YouTube in 1080p and STILL use the net to browse at the same time!

Pointless thread I guess, am just in a good mood today <3

Oh and it's even sunny outside lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#2
Welcome to modern day internet access Smile
Captain Standard

#3
Its what happens when you live so far up north...technology takes a while to get there!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]


#4
Ben Jay Wrote:Its what happens when you live so far up north...technology takes a while to get there!

Unfortunately, this is quite true... :S
#5
Never had a problem watching YouTube videos in full hd with my 10mb connection
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#6
lmao Nah we're 100Mb enabled in Castlecary and Uddingston regions, I just don't see the need for it so settled for the "basic" 30Mb

Never bothered taking the staff account as I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of changing all the account details etc into my name, now I have though I've got XL TV, phone, BB, sky sports & movies, Tivo 1Tb, a second VHD box and the full HD package for... £40 per month. Win. Without the sports and movies id only be paying £18 per month but I want the Sky F1 channel.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#7
Lochwinnoch (Renfrewshire) was pants for internet... Lanark isn't great either... Sad
#8
Oh f*ck off, already pissed off with traffic management this afternoon, 4.8meg? f*ck you. 50Meg ftw!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#9
I make do with smoke signals down here Sad
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#10
I get a beastly 2.5mb lol yes 2.5 not 25
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#11
Dial up for life.
#12
100mb is where it's at! Sod watching HD porn on 10mb....
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#13
Ooh uTorrent just peaked at 4.8Mb/s there (Not 4.8mbps) and i'm getting 46mbps wirelessly which is ok I guess. Upload sitting at 3.8mbps too. result.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#14
Pft bitchs *sat behind my 2meg dsl link* Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#15
Motherfu....

Wait until you see yourself syncing at 144kbps if it's rainy/windy outside... That's tragic...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#16
oh how quaint, mines slow as anything Sad
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#17
declantg Wrote:oh how quaint, mines slow as anything Sad

2mb is what we pay for as its the max we can get and can just about watcha youtbe video in 480 if you let it buffer for a while!
#18
Its funny, I was posting a reply on the laptop then the internet crashed, tapatalk ftw
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#19
I get 25mb on my wireless at home on the iPhone. 50odd on the main wire upstairs.

120 in the summer.
#20
If it works as planned mark.. ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#21
I am sure it will, I have faith in Mr Usain Branson.
#22
[Image: 7647.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#23
Pompey306mark Wrote:I am sure it will, I have faith in Mr Usain Branson.

Ah so its not just me that's realised that Richard Branson had had the reverse Michael Jackson treatment!

120mb will be good but I can't see it going much higher soon as most sites won't upload at them speeds
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#24
It will be high enough for now.
#25
Niall Wrote:
Pompey306mark Wrote:I am sure it will, I have faith in Mr Usain Branson.

Ah so its not just me that's realised that Richard Branson had had the reverse Michael Jackson treatment!

120mb will be good but I can't see it going much higher soon as most sites won't upload at them speeds
This site will be close, but in all honesty there their network is quite oversubscribed so even if this site was busy you probably still couldn't max out it's connection on a 120mbit pipe Smile If it does then maybe we'll upgrade to a gigabit line for lolz Big Grin
#26
This is the only site that makes use of my Internet. I don't download much so it's a bit pointless me having 100mb! Lol
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#27
You lucky f*ckers. I has boradband dongle which isnt great but at least its better than the internet at work
#28
I only use the internet for social networks now, and films and this Tongue
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broadband Deals? Toms306 10 8,180 20-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Broadband shopping about lolsteve 13 6,130 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: toseland
  phone and broadband packages Chris_90 18 9,526 04-09-2014, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Ican

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)