ByeBye Diesels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ByeBye Diesels
It sounds crazy, but steam powered cars IMHO are a definite possibility...

With modern ways of improving efficiency in terms of steam generation and being able to reliably condense water back... You could get insane levels of efficiency...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 01:16 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: And when are people going to wake up too thelie of  global warming

(09-12-2014, 01:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 01:16 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: And when are people going to wake up too thelie of  global warming

We are coming out of a mini ice age mate, thats why its warming up. They have found fossilised palm trees in the south of the UK which indicates that before humans polluted the f*ck out the earth it was hotter than it is now.

Gonna just pretend this is sarcasm. 
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 05:26 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote:

(09-12-2014, 01:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

We are coming out of a mini ice age mate, thats why its warming up. They have found fossilised palm trees in the south of the UK which indicates that before humans polluted the f*ck out the earth it was hotter than it is now.

Gonna just pretend this is sarcasm. 

Aww, I've been waiting for a political Kez rant in this thread since it started! lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah Paul and Dum you're both wrong. Don't you know the government are brainwashing you with the trails left by planes!?!?!?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 05:32 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah Paul and Dum you're both wrong. Don't you know the government are brainwashing you with the trails left by planes!?!?!?

Thank you Niall! You have saved me having to reply to Kez and try and prove that I'm right that even with proof he'll say that you can't believe what you read on the internet / in books as its all controlled by the government and / or big business who are lying to us for their own ends.

I think there is good mileage in many technologies such as steam nuclear, hydrogen and solar for powering cars.

First of all we need to stop burning fossil fuels in power plants and start burning landfill rubbish for power.
Thanks given by:
yeah cause that's more environmentally friendly... instead of just hydrocarbons being burnt you get all sorts of shit and chemicals from landfil..... Genius

how about we just focus on the major shipping on the oceans, contributing as much as 45% of the total per mile CO2 yearly

how about we then look at the fact that DARPA have developed a viable way to use seawater as a fuel..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
GM Crops yo, make corn grow 5 meters tall in 10 days and then everyone is fed and we have fuel Big Grin

Also concrete is the biggest polluter of the construction industry so accounts for irrc 1/3 of the total emissions. So lets ditch concrete and use timber
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Woah,

heavy man   Huh
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
They'll have to prise my DT from my cold, dead claw .... Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 08:53 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: They'll have to prise my DT from my cold, dead claw .... Tongue

If they take my car, I'll go and live in the Rockies or somewhere, live off what's left of the wilderness and die happy lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
So they scam everyone into buying diesels, and now they're gonna make everyone get petrols.

#Coal5lyf
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I'd better go and buy a cummins lump and hide it in the garden before they make them illegal.
Thanks given by:
We may or may not have hit peak oil. But it's possible to make petroleum out of coal and there's shitloads of that left. And as this fuel business is quite lucrative for government and business I wouldn't expect fossil fuels to be going anywhere for a long time. And even if they do I'm sure if someone out their mind to it the could run everything reliably on veg oil anyway... (If there's enough fields that is!).

This anti diesel thing has been in the works for a while. Diesel hindustar ambassadors have been choking india's streets for years in smog.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I love how somehow it's ME that's the conspiracy theorist for believing in climate change lol
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 06:00 PM)toseland Wrote: yeah cause that's more environmentally friendly... instead of just hydrocarbons being burnt you get all sorts of shit and chemicals from landfil.....  Genius

how about we just focus on the major shipping on the oceans, contributing as much as 45% of the total per mile CO2 yearly

how about we then look at the fact that DARPA have developed a viable way to use seawater as a fuel..

If you think shipping is bad (granted, it is) then you should see the numbers regarding the amount of methane being produced (which is far far worse than CO2) by the agriculture business as a direct result of the shit tonne of meat everyone consumes. But you won't see anyone campaigning about that lol 
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 09:13 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I love how somehow it's ME that's the conspiracy theorist for believing in climate change lol
Nobody is denying climate change mate, its been changing for billions of years before we roamed the earth and will be for billions after we've been killed off. We ARE coming out of a mini ice age, this is a FACT.

(10-12-2014, 09:33 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: If you think shipping is bad (granted, it is) then you should see the numbers regarding the amount of methane being produced (which is far far worse than CO2) by the agriculture business as a direct result of the shit tonne of meat everyone consumes. But you won't see anyone campaigning about that lol 

This is because god said we could eat anything from the garden of eden (bar the forbidden fruit). He didn't say we couldnt eat the animals.
Thanks given by:
Dont eat cow, eat kangeroo. Order of magnitude less methane, it's a more healthy meat and they are considered vermin. Yet Oz has massive cattle stations because people like beef.

The Nazis (Godwin FTW) used the Fischer Tropsch process quite well and it seems South Africa provide most of their diesel that way.

Concrete has been using fly ash for decades small scale. Results in stronger product and less pollution and it's apparently cheaper. But timber does make a lot of sense.

But as ever the individual is going to suffer and the corporations will make money from whatever decisions are made. Man.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 09:13 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I love how somehow it's ME that's the conspiracy theorist for believing in climate change lol

Mate it's a car forum so no one of us r gonna believe that our beloved machines r destroying the planet! The problem at heart really is the same problem that causes all of societies ills and that's overpopulation. If there was half as many of us we could all drive v8s with impunity 
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Yup, killing people off is the best answer. We just need to find a way to successfully chose groups of people to remove, I'm sure this ideas been around before though... Itwasntme

Also climate change will always happen - humanity IS making it worse though, theres no denying that, but will it bother us in our lifetimes? Doubt it lol...might as well take the selfish approach of the previous generations. Tongue
Thanks given by:
one of the reasons I don't want kids but would seriously consider adoption if I ever did want an heir

Has anyone seen idiocracy? The story being that thick/lazy people sprout out loads of kids whereas the smart ones are too busy so the worlds gets overpopulated by idiots lol Which comparing with the thick people from my school seems about right, one is already on her second kid at 20/21, is in a council house and complains the government isn't doing enough for her even though im pretty sure she hasn't worked
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 12:22 PM)lolsteve Wrote: one of the reasons I don't want kids but would seriously consider adoption if I ever did want an heir

Has anyone seen idiocracy? The story being that thick/lazy people sprout out loads of kids whereas the smart ones are too busy so the worlds gets overpopulated by idiots lol Which comparing with the thick people from my school seems about right, one is already on her second kid at 20/21, is in a council house and complains the government isn't doing enough for her even though im pretty sure she hasn't worked

Yeah, and to add that intelligent people plan to have children when they are financially ready, emotionally ready and are mature enough to do so, and then typically have a smaller numbers of children that they can be sure that they can provide for and care for properly.

(10-12-2014, 11:10 AM)Orta Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 09:13 AM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I love how somehow it's ME that's the conspiracy theorist for believing in climate change lol

Mate it's a car forum so no one of us r gonna believe that our beloved machines r destroying the planet! The problem at heart really is the same problem that causes all of societies ills and that's overpopulation. If there was half as many of us we could all drive v8s with impunity 

My gti6 shits rainbows.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So neutering people under a certain IQ level then? Seems a good idea! lol
Thanks given by:
Or just send the A team into every council estate.

I f*cking hate dole dossers with a passion, especially when seeing them strolling around with a pushchair, 10 kids, carrying a box of cheap lager and puffing on a fag. Just kill them now.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 12:59 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Or just send the A team into every council estate.

I f*cking hate dole dossers with a passion, especially when seeing them strolling around with a pushchair, 10 kids, carrying a box of cheap lager and puffing on a fag. Just kill them now.

One of the few things I do agree with you on.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 01:02 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 12:59 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Or just send the A team into every council estate.

One of the few things I do agree with you on.

Heart
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Just kill anyone with an IQ below 100

And all criminals, 3rd conviction = death

And in fact anyone who is not and is highly unlikely to ever make a positive contribution to society.
Thanks given by:
I offer up a solution which I'd like someone to poke a hole in.
We stop giving money to people without asking them for something in return.

So if you don't have a job, fine we will give you money. But in return for work.
It can be sitting at a desk and being quiet all day for all it matters.
Point is we give people something to do that isn't getting free money with zero ties.
If there is noise, you don't get money. Phones are left at the door.
Money is given at the end of the working day. Don't turn up, no money.
Not suggesting we pay any more than we do now.
It creates a few jobs for those in charge. Call them Warders.

Don't like it ? Go get a job.
See all those jobs you didn't want to do because you thought it beneath you? More attractive now huh.
Don't have skills? Go get some. Learn. Try. Do.

Oh I would even go so far to say if you are on full state benefits because you don't have a job then you lose the right to vote.
Why ?
Well you are unable or unwilling to look after yourself. The state is doing it for you.
So why should you have a voice to determine how well you are looked after?
That's why you go get a job and better yourself.
Once you contribute rather than take, you've earned the right to have a say in how your contribution is used.
If you're not contributing anything but taking, why should you be allowed to say over others that do contribute?
Thanks given by:
Guys gays lol, I know a lit of this is tongue in cheek, but lots of fine people live in council houses, my dad has lived in them since he left the family home when I was young, he's always worked, bur there's not a great deal of opportunity round here, I'd rather knock off a few fat cats who have been dodging paying millions in tax for years, as much as I dislike doleys, they cost the country far less than corporate tax avoidance and evasion Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Sitting at a desk being quiet, not having to talk to anyone AND getting paid? Sounds like my ideal job! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2014, 01:44 PM)nominous Wrote: I offer up a solution which I'd like someone to poke a hole in.
We stop giving money to people without asking them for something in return.

So if you don't have a job, fine we will give you money. But in return for work.
It can be sitting at a desk and being quiet all day for all it matters.
Point is we give people something to do that isn't getting free money with zero ties.
If there is noise, you don't get money. Phones are left at the door.
Money is given at the end of the working day. Don't turn up, no money.
Not suggesting we pay any more than we do now.
It creates a few jobs for those in charge. Call them Warders.

Don't like it ? Go get a job.
See all those jobs you didn't want to do because you thought it beneath you? More attractive now huh.
Don't have skills? Go get some. Learn. Try. Do.

Oh I would even go so far to say if you are on full state benefits because you don't have a job then you lose the right to vote.
Why ?
Well you are unable or unwilling to look after yourself. The state is doing it for you.
So why should you have a voice to determine how well you are looked after?
That's why you go get a job and better yourself.
Once you contribute rather than take, you've earned the right to have a say in how your contribution is used.
If you're not contributing anything but taking, why should you be allowed to say over others that do contribute?
dude, there's a million holes in that idea, but I can tell your hearts in the right place, I'll say my bit later when I've got time, first problem though, state slave labour force Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should we be concerned about our diesels bashbarnard 65 14,553 15-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Diesels in london lolsteve 57 18,229 10-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,373 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy