New forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New forum
Right guys, i did want to do this when we opened up the new forum on Friday but we were chronically late for the christmas meet so didnt get a chance.

We were looking at moving servers for several reasons but mainly, cost and reliability. We have our own dedicated server and the old one was over 3 years old and like anything, the older it gets, the less reliable it gets. Unlike our cars, we want to keep this forum as reliable as possible. Also, this new server is costing us £10 less a month so the donations will go further!
The other big point and what you all would of noticed is that the forum software has been upgraded. We use MyBB and used to be on 1.6. We are now on 1.8 so a major upgrade mostly to security and reliability but also a few little extras you will notice as you use the forum more.

What we have done:
'Thanks' system on all posts
Gallery available to upload all your favourite pics
New chat box that actually works and is now on the home page
New theme
'Similar threads' plugin so hopefully to answer your question before you post a new thread
Multi uploader so when updating threads, you can upload several items at once

What we are doing in the near future:
Shop will be properly integrated into the forum
Home page will be added with any big news, events etc
User tagging
more user selectable themes

With anything like this, theres always issues and this forum is no exception. We are aware that the smilies aren't working and aware some people are getting error messages when uploading several files. We will fix these ASAP.

If anyone knows of any other issues or has any other realistic suggestions, please say so here Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: silverzx
Liking the new theme, quick question though.
Is there any changes in regards to photo hosting capacity for threads? Or are we still okay to upload a few photos to the server rather than say photobucket etc
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
At the top it says 'VIEW new posts' 'VIEW todays posts'. We can do without the view. Just New posts and Todays Posts makes sense and makes it clearer and simpler. Should be easy to do.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 06:27 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Liking the new theme, quick question though.
Is there any changes in regards to photo hosting capacity for threads? Or are we still okay to upload a few photos to the server rather than say photobucket etc

No we still have shit loads of storage space available so upload to the forum rather than things like photo bucket

We have 1TB of space on this server and are using about 40gb at the moment lol
Edit: Just had a look. We are using 72gb out of 1TB and to give you an idea of how OTT this server is, server load has been an average of 0.18% over the past 15 minutes. Out of 16gb of ram, only 1 is in use currently lol

(07-12-2014, 06:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: At the top it says 'VIEW new posts' 'VIEW todays posts'. We can do without the view. Just New posts and Todays Posts makes sense and makes it clearer and simpler. Should be easy to do.

Can get rid of 'view' if people want.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Multi upload to here is definitely brilliant.

I think user tagging will become a pain in the arse

Oh and the swear filter doesn't work on chat box and i don't know if it works here lady garden.

Edit: OK swear filter works in posts.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 06:35 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Multi upload to here is definitely brilliant.

I think user tagging will become a pain in the arse

Oh and the swear filter doesn't work on chat box and i don't know if it works here lady garden.

Edit: OK swear filter works in posts.

User tagging won't be automatic. It will be if you want to draw someones attention to something like @dumdum. If you don't use @ before it, it won't tag that member

Yeah, the swear filter never worked in the old chat box. I need to find a way to sort that.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Smilies are now fixed ninja
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
[Image: b8f9e4911373d03478979e785c0a6335.jpg]

I like how @dum-dum's original "word" still shows as edited in tapatalk though Wink
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
^^^ Haha but not on the real forum, interesting. Big Grin

The too many links thing also wont let you put 4 different quotes in a thread

Oh and the rep/rate button has stopped working.
Thanks given by:
I've just repped you ok?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 12:58 PM)Niall Wrote: I've just repped you ok?

Thats really weird it wont let me do it to you either in the button on your post or in your actual rep page. also tried it with Rob and it wont let me rep him either way above.

Oddly I have repped people on the new system/forum but its stopped letting me do it
Thanks given by:
Oddly enough, tapatalk seems to run better... That or I'm used to it, haven't used the new forum yet on a computer, work have blocked it lol
Thanks given by:
Can we turn the old style post editing on?!

Quoting now is a bleeding nightmare! You can't adjust which bits you quote very easily etc...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 03:40 PM)Ruan Wrote: Can we turn the old style post editing on?!

Quoting now is a bleeding nightmare! You can't adjust which bits you quote very easily etc...

What do you mean Ru?
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Rep now working again Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: fbTFVli.png]
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
If you use the multi quote thing (circled pink) and then the quick reply box it gives you the code properly. I do definitely prefer it that way.

[attachment=20540]
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, just played with that...

That's awkward as f*ck to do on a phone!!!!

Knob off if you think I'm using bloody Tapatalk, though.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 05:23 PM)Ruan Wrote: [Image: fbTFVli.png]

Ruan thats really annoying. Hadn't noticed that. Ill look tonight as to how to stop it but for now, you can turn it back to original by using the button far right top of the editor labeled view source.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[Image: ALmZ84h.png]

Seems to blank out bits on rollover of hyperlinks? Does it really badly sometimes, it's doing it at the moment as I view this page.

I assume it's attempting to preview the page in the link?
Thanks given by:
cunt fuck

Well that works like a charm!
Thanks given by:
Does it only do it sometimes? I can't get it to do it on Safari or Firefox
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Errr, it's pretty consistent once there's a hyperlink on a page.

Under Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 (64-bit) - Linux Fedora 20 (RHEL) x86_64
Thanks given by:
[Image: E2McD0d.png]

Again.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2014, 11:03 PM)Fooby Wrote: Smilies are now fixed ninja

Really?! 

ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 06:51 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(07-12-2014, 11:03 PM)Fooby Wrote: Smilies are now fixed ninja

Really?! 

ThumbsUp

Sorted Wink
Mr internet made a very simple mistake lol
ThumbsUp
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Awesome!!

Good work lads!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No but seriously, these ones still dont appear to work  InloveCensoredSpeechlessMakeupThumbsDownHelloPhewPukeDohTMIRoflThumbsUpTalkingHmm

Certainly you can't see what they are on the smilie page.
Thanks given by:
Not sure if its a concern... These aint complaints...

But I notice if you post a couple of times in quick succession it puts them up as seperate posts not insert them into the last one.

Also some weird thing:

[attachment=20542]

And some sigs have become huge!...

[attachment=20543]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: